TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Death and Grieving Coping with loss is difficult at any age, but you are not alone during this difficult time. Reach out to other users in this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sue

I still miss her - April 1st 2009, 02:40 AM

I lost my Meme (grandmother) in March of 2008 and it was the most devastating moment of my life. I was so close to her and I was looking forward to having her see me graduate and take me prom dress shopping for the first time, but she didn't get to do that. She never got to see any of her grandchildren graduate because my oldest cousin graduated in May of 2008. Now everytime I hear about death I get the urge to cry or anytime I hear my favorite song (I still miss you by Keith Anderson) because it makes me think of her. There's times I can go without crying but there's other times like right now that I can't stop. I'm also so scared that I'm going to lose my Pepe (grandfather) too. I used to rarely go up to their house, prefering to see them when they came here, but now I go almost everytime my mother goes up and I'm always telling him I love him, especially when my mom is on the phone with him, I don't know what I'd do if I lost him too.

I know there is no way to completely get over the loss of a loved one but does anyone have any tips on how it could be easier? Also does anyone have any ideas to help me realize the fear of losing Pepe?

I never knew til you were gone
how many pages you were on
it never ends I keep turning
and line after line and you are there again
I dont know how to let you go
you are so deep down in my soul
I feel helpless so hopeless
its a door that never closes
no I don't know how to do this

I've talked to friends
I've talked to myself
I've talked to God
I prayed liked hell but I still miss you
I tried sober I tried drinking
I've been strong and I've been weak
and I still miss you
I've done everything
move on like I'm supposed to
I'd give anything for one more minute with you
I still miss you

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ashley-Dawn Offline
The new me will be alright
Not a n00b

Name: Ashley

Re: I still miss her - April 1st 2009, 01:47 PM

hey

sadly, none of us can avoid death. its just a process of accepting it. Some people take longer then others to accept the death of a loved one. You just have to remember the good times you have had with her and know that she is living through you and your family everyday.

as for your grandfather. Don't worry yourself sick over him. The time you spend worrying is the time you could spend laughing and enjoying his company. You take death as it comes. Dont think ahead my darling. It wont help you in anyway.

xx
  Send a message via MSN to Ashley-Dawn  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: I still miss her - April 1st 2009, 09:38 PM

Hey there, Sue.

I want to begin by telling you how sorry I am for your loss. Losing a loved one is never easy and the pain we feel, during these times, can (in some ways) stay with us for the rest of our lives.

Even when we are faced with the reality that no one lives forever, making peace with that fact can be one of the most difficult things we do in our lives. I don't think you can be ready, and I wish I didn't have to say that. But nothing will prepare you for that moment in your life--no matter how many loved ones you lose, each will have a devastating affect on your life.

I'm so sorry that your grandmother didn't get to see you graduate--I know that I still ache over one of my family members missing my graduation, and my brother's. I wish I knew the words you need to hear, to help you get through this, but I don't. Words aren't magic, and healing takes time and energy. What I do know is that you can make peace with this.

Try to remember that there are pieces of your loved ones that no one can take away. You cannot make new memories with your Meme, but the ones you have are yours to keep, forever. Don't miss the chance to learn as much as you can from your Pepe.

Above all else, remember that you are never alone. When you need a hug, ask for one. If there is something you want to know about your grandparents, ask your grandfather--I'm sure he would be more pleased than he'd let on, that you took the chance to ask.

Let me know if you need anything at all. I'm always around.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

Closed Thread