TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Question Anybody like Graceling by Kristen Cashore?? - May 18th 2012, 08:47 PM

Hey y'all! So Graceling by Kristen Cashore is my favorite book right now and none of my friends have read it! It's driving me crazy! Does anybody here like it or know of it and want to chat? Also does anybody know any good books that are like it that I can read?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanesco Offline
Linguistics geek
Outside, huh?

Name: Harrison (or Harri)

Re: Anybody like Graceling by Kristen Cashore?? - May 26th 2012, 10:13 AM

I've never read that one before. What's it about, and is it worth me reading?

Also, what types of books do you like reading? I can recommend a lot of good books, but I dunno if any of them would be stuff you'd like.

Join the Skeleton Clique on TH
Do you wanna come with me? 'Cause if you do, then I should warn you - you're gonna see all sorts of things. Ghosts from the past. Aliens from the future. The day the Earth died in a ball of flame. It won't be quiet, it won't be safe, and it won't be calm. But I'll tell you what it will be: The trip of a lifetime!

Don't trust a perfect person and don't trust a song that's flawless.
RIP Granddad Terry. I'll miss you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Horsefeathers. Offline
Remember your virtue.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Anybody like Graceling by Kristen Cashore?? - May 26th 2012, 01:06 PM

I also haven't read it (or even heard of it), but I'm always up for reading new things. I just Googled it, and it seems pretty interesting. I might have to check it out. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly do you like about it - the characters, the storyline, writing style, etc?

throw yourself into the unknown
with pace & a fury defiant.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SM13 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Anybody like Graceling by Kristen Cashore?? - May 26th 2012, 06:37 PM

I love fantasy books! What I really like about Graceling is that Cashore creates a world that is similar to our midevil world but totally different at the same time. Even rho things that happen in the book could vervet happen on earth she makes if very believable for it to happen in her place she has created. It is an adventure book with just the right amount of romance (it doesn't take over and ruoj the story). I love the characters too. They r very unpredictable and it leaves you thinking you know what will happen but then out of nowhere there is a plot twist that thickens the story and makes it even more of a page turner. Also it has an unexpected ending. The characters are well developed and are not see through and shallowly created like other fantasy books I've read. I highly recommend the book. It is a lot better than the barns and nobles and library reviews make it sound. They focus on the romantic aspect of the book when that is just a small part of the deep plot. There is also a lot of danger and violence snd fighting which makes it action packed and thrilling. It was actually on my summer reading list which is surprising cuz some parts get kinda "steamy" . Anybody thinking about reading it should! It's not a very well known book. I was the only one out of the 200 kids in my grade to pick it off the reading list.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Horsefeathers. Offline
Remember your virtue.
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Anybody like Graceling by Kristen Cashore?? - May 29th 2012, 09:40 AM

Hmm. I'll definitely have to check this out when I can. Once I do, I'll let you know and we can discuss it.

throw yourself into the unknown
with pace & a fury defiant.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread