TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

WHAT IS THIS TITLE?????? - July 24th 2015, 08:14 AM

OK, this has been driving me insane for like a week. I read this book a long time ago, and I want to know what it was called.

A husband and a wife buy a pot, and it doubles everything and anything you put into it. They put in 5 coins, out comes ten. The husband and wife fall in, and get exact clones of themselves. I want to say it is called "the ____________ pot", I can't remember the middle word.

Also, another children's book:

A family gets a dog, the dog has bad breath. Like, really bad. So they go to sell this dog, and before they can, a robber breaks into their house, and the dog knocks out the robber with its bad breath. So the family decides not to sell the dog. The dog's name was Hally.

And another children's book:

A family moves into a new house, and discovers a monster in the basement. The monster assures the family it is nice. The little girl puts pink bows in the (male) monster's hair at one point.

And another:

This is a chapter book. It is the story of a part-dog-part-wolf, made into a pet by the Native Americans. Then a man called Beauty Smith (even though he is extremely ugly), tricks the Native American into selling the dog for whiskey. Beauty Smith uses the dog for a fighting dog, and it wins every battle until a bulldog comes into the fights. The dog/wolf is almost dead when a nice man buys the dog off of Beauty and starts to build up the dog's trust in humans again. Then that man is moving and tried to leave this dog behind. The dog ends up coming to (i think) California with this man. Book is by Jack London.

And one more:

a children's book, this is a story about how the first dog was made into a pet. A boy is going home, and he has a bag of ribs (made of wooly mammoth bones) and he goes to eat it on his way home. But some sort of danger comes, and the dog protects the boy. The boy starts traveling again, sits down to eat again, and danger happens again, the dog protects. This happens a third time. Finally the boy gets home and the dog becomes his pet.

My grandmother used to read me these stories, and I want to read them again. She can't remember what they were. I want to read them again because they used to be my favorite books and I would always choose these particular books for her to read to me when I was at her house.

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MorbidDaisies Offline
< < ē > >
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: WHAT IS THIS TITLE?????? - July 24th 2015, 09:01 AM

Hey! I remember reading some of these books when I was younger and I could only remember two of them. I hope they're the right ones

Dog Breath!: The Horrible Trouble with Hally Tosis
Two of Everything - about the pot?

Hope this helps and I hope you find the other titles too

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: WHAT IS THIS TITLE?????? - July 24th 2015, 09:04 AM

The Jack London one is 'White Fang'- one of my favourites

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

Re: WHAT IS THIS TITLE?????? - July 24th 2015, 09:19 AM

OMG... thank you! I have literally been trying to figure it out for a week.

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Not_here Offline
I can't get enough

Name: nobody

Re: WHAT IS THIS TITLE?????? - July 24th 2015, 02:00 PM

The one about doubling is a tale I think. I took a german fairytale class and one of the assignments we did was that each person tells a tale orally and it can be from anywhere in the world and one person said that story. I don't remember the title but I just know it's a tale, as opposed to a novel or something more modern. I hope that helps a little

Closed Thread