TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 21st 2017, 03:08 AM

Do you prefer reading one book at a time or do you have a couple books going at a time?

Personally, I prefer reading one book at a time. It isn't that I can't read more books than that and there have been times when I have. I just, I don't like it all that much. I see a lot of people on goodreads and booktube who will read a few books at once so it got me wondering what other people do.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 21st 2017, 09:11 AM

I prefer to read one book at a time, although I have frequently read several books at the same time. When I do that now I sometimes forget which bits happened in which book and mix them up so it's easier to read one at a time.

19.12.15|14.07.16|11.2.17
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Romaness Offline
esperando las calaveras
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sue

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 21st 2017, 09:42 AM

I definitely prefer to read one book at a time. I only read two novels simultaneously if there's a reason for it, for example when I go on a trip being halfway through a book and I have to take a different one.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 05:52 AM

I have trouble reading anything at all, so definitely prefer to only read one book at a time!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞
Outside, huh?

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 07:07 AM

I prefer multiple books at a time. I don't find it hard to keep track of the different plots and I find it easier to read multiple books at a time.
That way I can have a book in various locations and can read when I have a few minutes here or there. Currently, I have a book by my bed, two in my bathroom (bathtub, near my toilet) and in my bag.

I'm not opposed to reading one at a time and will do that if it's for school but usually, I have multiple books on the go.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smultroställe. View Post
I prefer multiple books at a time. I don't find it hard to keep track of the different plots and I find it easier to read multiple books at a time.
That way I can have a book in various locations and can read when I have a few minutes here or there. Currently, I have a book by my bed, two in my bathroom (bathtub, near my toilet) and in my bag.

I'm not opposed to reading one at a time and will do that if it's for school but usually, I have multiple books on the go.
I've done this in the past and it's one of the biggest reasons I've read multiple books.

I used to have a book in the bathroom and then one on my night stand and then one that would be my main focus.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Narrative. Offline
You're lost; it's okay.

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Charlie

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 08:14 AM

I tend to read multiple books at once, usually between three and five. Part of that is for convenience as has already been mentioned - I always take a book with me when I go out for the day, but sometimes I'll be reading one that isn't portable enough (e.g. currently I'm on the fifth Harry Potter book and there's no way I'm carrying that around in my bag all day). The other part is that sometimes I'm in the mood for different things, so I like having options. I usually don't read two books of the same genre at the same time, though, which makes it easier for me to keep track of all the plots and also stops me getting bored.

just because it hurts to go on
doesn't mean the battle can't still be won
;

(#8 (permalink)) Old
TerryBlank Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 03:28 PM

Previously I tried to read several book at once. But once my friend noticed that I mix the story lines of the books, when I try to discuss the novels(both of them were fantasy, so it was easy to get confused). That's why I try to make some break between the reading of each book now.

Too many writings at the college can make you mad and be the reason you'll hate to study. But https://writemyessayonline.com/colle...g-service.html is the service that will save your good mood.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 22nd 2017, 11:53 PM

I prefer reading one book at a time, and this even applies to fanfiction as well.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
SandraH155 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 23rd 2017, 01:09 PM

Usually read 2 or 3 books simultaneously

(#11 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 23rd 2017, 03:33 PM

It's easy to get into that frame of mind where you finish a chapter or two of one book and tell yourself "right, that's my reading for today" and the next day, you are just so keen to continue with that same book, so to even glance at a different book is out of the question.

This has to be what happens with me when I read:P

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 25th 2017, 12:23 AM

One book, or I will get distracted.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Do you prefer to read one book or multiple books at a time? - June 25th 2017, 02:03 AM

See it depends. I can read multiple non-fiction books but can only focus on one fictional book at once. I find that a lot of non-fiction books, like ones such as indigenous women and feminism, are hard to digest all in one go so I'll read a chapter and take a break while reading a novel. But my novels tend to be things I'll blow through cause they're easier to read quickly

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Closed Thread