TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,654, Level: 46 Points: 106,654, Level: 46 Points: 106,654, Level: 46

Looking for spec fic recommendations. - December 30th 2020, 09:44 PM

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for spec fic books (either standalone or series). In particular I'm interested in sci fi and fantasy, but any kind of speculative fiction is welcome. Anything young adult and up is fine, but the main thing I'm looking for is something with low/no romance (and definitely no love triangles). Bonus points for found family, redemption arcs, and queer/disabled/neurodiverse characters. I'm not sure how many books out there fit the bill, but I'm open to just about anything so throw those recommendations my way!

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Looking for spec fic recommendations. - January 12th 2021, 09:25 AM

Hey,

This isn't a genre I read a ton of so I can make some suggestions but there's also gonna be books I have not read.

One series I'd suggest is The Broken Earth Trilogy by NK Jemisin. I'm planning on rereading this year because I quite enjoyed it.

Kindred by Octavia Butler is really good but it deals with sexual and physical abuse. Octavia Butler might be good to look into although I've only read kindred.

Margaret Atwood Maddam Series. I think the first is Oryx and Crake. I have not read but a relatively picky reader in my book club loved it.

The Unkindness of Ghosts. I have heard good things and it might fit your wants.

Trail of Lightening By Rebecca Roan horse. I read this and didn't like it but I'm in the minority

Who Fears death. I've heard good things and I own it and plan on reading this year.

These are the ones I've heard of or read. I don't know that they're all speculative fiction but Google search says they are.

I hope they work out or maybe they'll lead you to other books that will fit your wants.
Closed Thread