TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Books and Literature (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f198-books-literature/)
-   -   April-June - TH Book Club. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f198-books-literature/t161454-april-june-teenhelp-book-club/)

Oneirophobia March 21st 2021 03:08 PM

April-June - TH Book Club.

Hey everyone,
I'll be doing TH book club this April to June. I've looked up prices and none of the books are expensive, and can be found at local library's too.
April and March, we can talk about the book (if it has been read) but no spoilers. In June, we can start discussing with spoilers.
With that said, here are the books.. and poll is open till April 1st

Divergent by Veronica Roth
Quote:

In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.
Fault in our stars by John Green
Quote:

a fabulous book about a young teenage girl who has been diagnosed with lung cancer and attends a cancer support group. ... Hazel and Augustus embark on a roller coaster ride of emotions, including love, sadness and romance, while searching for the author of their favorite book
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Quote:

a series of six young adult paranormal romance novels by American author Richelle Mead. It tells the story of Rosemarie "Rose" Hathaway, a dhampir girl, who is training to be a guardian of her moroi best friend, Vasilisa "Lissa" Dragomir.
If I stay by Gayle Forman
Quote:

a young adult novel by Gayle Forman. The story follows 17-year-old Mia Hall as she deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. Mia is the only member of her family to survive, and she finds herself in a coma

Oneirophobia March 21st 2021 03:16 PM

Re: April-June - TH Book Club.

I've voted, as much as I love all of them, This one is my all time favorite series

- Kayla.

DeletedAccount69 March 21st 2021 04:59 PM

I chose vampire Academy

Dawn. March 23rd 2021 09:40 AM

I'm torn between Fault in our stars and If I Stay.

Oneirophobia March 23rd 2021 11:13 AM

both really good books.

DeletedAccount59 March 23rd 2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusk. (Post 1364601)
I'm torn between Fault in our stars and If I Stay.

Same here, both books sound really good!

DeletedAccount69 March 27th 2021 09:56 AM

It looks like Vampire Academy is winning. It might give me an excuse to read it

Sprite-1 March 27th 2021 07:32 PM

I'm 3/4 of the way through the first book of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy. It's great reading as the author gets deeply into the main character's feelings and portrays the cilly atmosphere of the academy. This treasured collection belongs to Wendi promises to be an exciting read! :D

Oneirophobia April 1st 2021 07:51 PM

April 1st in upon us, with that being said, the book chosen this month is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead..

Dawn. April 2nd 2021 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneirophobia♥ (Post 1365275)
April 1st in upon us, with that being said, the book chosen this month is Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead..

Great! :) It gives me motivation to read it.

DeletedAccount59 April 2nd 2021 02:30 PM

Great, I've heard of that book but never really had an interest in reading it. But, you know what? Why not try something new and do it with a familiar group of people. I look forward to reading this book and discussing it with everyone! :)

Christine, let me know if you'd like this thread closed and you can start a new thread. :)

Oneirophobia April 2nd 2021 02:51 PM

Yes, thats completely fine, I'll be starting a new thread probably by end of day. Yesterday was just a little busy.

-christine

DeletedAccount59 April 2nd 2021 02:54 PM

No problem! Closing this thread now. :)