TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Books and Literature Use this forum to discuss books, plays, poetry, authors and more from around the world.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16

Post Manga! - November 20th 2023, 08:48 PM

Let's talk about manga! I'm relatively new to manga and have been enjoying a few of them - I recently finished Volume 3 of Fullmetal Alchemist and I'm enjoying it greatly! I've also read the first volume of My Hero Academia (I've seen some of the anime so I know the gist of most of the beginning) and I started volume one of Assassination Classroom also (I haven't continued it in a while)! I also have a few manga I've bought but am yet to read - What are your favourite manga? Any genres you like in particular or favourite things about particular manga? Things on your to read list or recommendations? Anything really but please don't include any major spoilers! Sorry my formatting and punctuation isn't great a lot of the buttons on my keyboard are broken (namely the enter and comma and full stop keys)

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33 Points: 55,768, Level: 33

Re: Manga! - November 21st 2023, 10:37 AM

Hey Soda! I used to read mangas/watch anime in junior high, so a couple years ago Right now I don't have any 'contact' with manga/anime except for playing Genshin Impact.
Anyways, my favourite mangas were Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul and Magi (although the Magi anime is much better than the manga imo). I enjoyed Ao no Exorcist and Akame ga Kill!, too.
If you're curious what they're about:
Death Note (contemporary) - I'd say it's the darkest among the ones I mentioned, you're probably familiar with the name;
Tokyo Ghoul (contemporary with fantasy elements) & Akame (fantasy) are quite brutal, there are graphic depictions of violence, so if you don't like it I don't recommend them. They have interesting storylines, though;
Magi - set in a kinda '1001 Nights' world, it's all rather pretty and friendly, but with a very good plot;
Ao No Exorcist (contemporary schoolkids, with fantasy elements) - there are exorcists and demons, but I wouldn't call it brutal.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.