TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Announcements (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/)
-   -   Volunteer Of The Year Award. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/t135191-volunteer-year-award/)

Rob December 25th 2014 12:53 PM

Volunteer Of The Year Award.

Hello everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce on Christmas Day our first ever Volunteer Of The Year Award. This award will recognise the magnificent contribution of one of our volunteers who has gone above and beyond this year. Following our message of making the world a better place, it is fitting that I am able to acknowledge the brilliant work that many are already doing.

I am delighted to be able to give our very first Volunteer Of The Year Award to Robin (PSY). Robin has been an important part of our volunteer team for over five years. She has worked across many areas of the site, including HelpLINK, Articles and holding a number of Moderator and committee roles. More recently she has taken a lead on our volunteering side through her Volunteering Officer role and as a Project Advisor.

Robin has shown great dedication to TeenHelp across all of her roles and no doubt many of you have spoken to her before. She quietly supports both Staff and other users alike, answering questions and providing feedback to volunteers. She gives fantastic advice and encouragement and has written and edited many articles that educate users. She does a lot to keep the site running largely behind the scenes, and while many may not see this work it is vital to the smooth daily running of TeenHelp.

Her hard work has been invaluable over the last year and I hope it will continue to be over the next one. Her contribution is certainly one that would be missed. Well done Robin, you really deserve this award! The wonderful prize for this award is receipt of our Deluxe Sponsor incentive.

A final huge thank you to all of our volunteers who give so much. Perhaps you could start your own volunteer story today.

I hope you all have a great day.

Storyteller. December 25th 2014 12:55 PM

Re: Volunteer Of The Year Award.

Congratulations, Robin! I can't think of anyone who deserves this more. TeenHelp really wouldn't be the same without you. :hug:

Celyn December 25th 2014 01:01 PM

Congratulations Robin! You truly deserve the award for being really dedicated to your work on TeenHelp! :hug:

Chai. December 25th 2014 01:52 PM

Congratulations Robin. You truly deserve this award for your dedication towards Teenhelp. I agree with Chess. Teenhelp wouldn't be the same without you. :hug:

Ennui. December 25th 2014 06:11 PM

Yay Robin! The site would barely function without you. You deserve this!

DeletedAccount63 December 25th 2014 07:36 PM

YAY Robin congrats. You deserve this. I don't think TH would be the same without you. And thank you for being my guide or whatever

DeletedAccount69 December 25th 2014 07:53 PM

Congratulations Robin!

Kintsukuroi. December 25th 2014 11:34 PM

Congratulation Robin! :)

hocus pocus December 26th 2014 03:32 AM

Congrats, Robin! Thanks for everything that you do. ^.^

DeletedAccount19 December 27th 2014 02:35 AM

I cannot think of anyone who deserves this more than Robin! :D

You do so much for TH, for me and I'm sure others are just as grateful for your listening eyes and kind advice as I am. Congratulations, Robin! :D :hug:

Eternal December 27th 2014 03:01 AM

Congrats Robin, you definitely deserve this award. :) You always do a wonderful job with your advice and you've no doubt made a positive impact on many lives. We're lucky to have you on the staff team!

Thereishope December 27th 2014 03:50 AM

Congratulations Robin! :D

coolkid98 December 27th 2014 12:00 PM

Congratulations Robin! You certainly deserve this award for all of your amazing work that you do on the site.

Pirouette December 27th 2014 04:12 PM

Congratulations Robin!! You truly deserve this award and thank you so much for everything you do. This site wouldn't be the same without you. :)

.:PrincessZelda:. December 28th 2014 02:30 AM

Congratulations Robin! :)

KimmyKitty December 28th 2014 03:17 AM

Congratulations, Robin! :D

DeletedAccount13 December 28th 2014 11:24 AM

Congratulations, Robin! :)

Honestly, I've talked to Robin and aside from the fact that she is an exceptionally great staff member, she's also a really kind person as well and someone I'm proud to call a friend. She certainly deserves this award as she does a lot of amazing work for this site.

Rivière December 28th 2014 02:56 PM

Absolutely, well and truly deserved. You're such an amazing staff member as equally as you are a person, congratulations Robin!

PSY December 28th 2014 03:49 PM

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for everyone's affirmations - thank you to everyone who replied to this thread! Thank you, Rob, for bringing my behind-the-scenes work to light. It feels wonderful to be publicly acknowledged, and I'm looking forward to taking that Deluxe Sponsor incentive for a spin (larger Hugh Jackman avatar?!?! :dem:).

Eternal December 28th 2014 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSY (Post 1159517)
I'm looking forward to taking that Deluxe Sponsor incentive for a spin (larger Hugh Jackman avatar?!?! :dem:).

Really Robin? That's what your most excited for? XD

PSY December 28th 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pug Princess (Post 1159530)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PSY (Post 1159517)
I'm looking forward to taking that Deluxe Sponsor incentive for a spin (larger Hugh Jackman avatar?!?! :dem:).

Really Robin? That's what your most excited for? XD

More pixels consisting of Hugh Jackman is never a bad thing. :hehe:

Doodle. December 28th 2014 05:12 PM

Well deserved! :)

Not_here December 28th 2014 06:54 PM

You gibe really thorough and well thought out advice here and the behind the scenes work is probably easily taken for granted but the volunteer award re,imds us how much you really do, even things we know nothing about. You deserve this award. Thank you for being here on this site.

mindflower December 28th 2014 07:58 PM

Robin you're absolutely incredible, I for one am so thankful having you on the site managing the whatnots with Red Nosed Rob up there in the TeenHelp big leagues, and I can gladly confirm that more Hugh is the way to go! :hug:

Coffee. December 30th 2014 11:06 PM

Well, this needed to be done years ago. Congrats Robin! Thanks for dealing with all of the nonesense of TeenHelp and all of the volunteers private messages over the years. :hehe:

Ambedo. December 31st 2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSY (Post 1159532)

More pixels consisting of Hugh Jackman is never a bad thing. :hehe:

This is such a Robin thing to say. XD Seriously, though. Congratulations! There's no one else that is as deserving of this award as you. Thank you for playing such a big role in making TH everything that is today.

obelus January 1st 2015 09:19 PM

Congratulations Robin! You really deserved this. Hope you enjoy all those extra pixels of Hugh Jackman. ;)

Koharuchan January 2nd 2015 11:04 PM

Robin, this site would NEVER be the same without you; you're a wonderful staff member and you always give great advice! You definitely deserve this award, congratulations! :hug:

And I hope you love you new larger Hugh Jackman avatar. :bleh:

Kitty. January 24th 2015 11:53 PM

Congratulations Robin! You totally deserve it. :)