TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Announcements (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/)
-   -   Introducing loads of new volunteer roles. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/t155898-introducing-loads-new-volunteer-roles/)

Rob May 13th 2018 03:16 PM

Introducing loads of new volunteer roles.

Hey everybody,

I'm excited to let you know we're broadening out our volunteer opportunities, creating a bunch of new ways for you to get involved.

Some of these involve a regular commitment, while others allow you to help out every now and then. Even within a single area there may be different levels of involvement, so there's certain to be something for you no matter what skills you have and what time you have available!

Some of the new areas you might be able to help with include:
  • Marketing
  • Social media
  • Graphic design
  • Photographer
  • Helping on the Forums
  • Helping in the Chat Room
And loads more!

To make things easier than ever to apply, instead of creating full applications for each of these areas, right now we're making a simple 'enquiry form' for you to express your interest. You can find this here: http://www.teenhelp.org/misc.php?do=form&fid=56

We're not going to take people on for all these roles right away, some will be prioritised and others it may depend on level of interest. Our top priorities would be Marketing and Social media so we especially encourage you to apply for these roles!

NeuroBeautiful May 13th 2018 03:39 PM

Re: Introducing loads of new volunteer roles.

wow this list is so thorough and chat mentor is back!

Resilient May 13th 2018 06:27 PM

So happy to see chat mentor back! I definitely sent in interest.

obelus May 13th 2018 06:56 PM

I love this and I hope to see this increase the amount of volunteers we have!

Can you clarify how the Email Mentor position will differ from HelpLink Mentor?

Well, I love everything except one thing about it. How dare you bring back Buddy as a position and it not be what it used to be.

Rob May 13th 2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by énouement (Post 1321184)
I love this and I hope to see this increase the amount of volunteers we have!

Can you clarify how the Email Mentor position will differ from HelpLink Mentor?

Well, I love everything except one thing about it. How dare you bring back Buddy as a position and it not be what it used to be.

Email Mentor would be something like setting up an email address like help@teenhelp.org you could email for advice rather than coming on the site.

This idea for a Buddying system may be different from the last Buddy role we had, but hopefully an exciting way to give people the chance for longer term support than they might get from some of our services, so it fills a gap in what we currently deliver.

obelus May 13th 2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob (Post 1321185)
Email Mentor would be something like setting up an email address like help@teenhelp.org you could email for advice rather than coming on the site.

This idea for a Buddying system may be different from the last Buddy role we had, but hopefully an exciting way to give people the chance for longer term support than they might get from some of our services, so it fills a gap in what we currently deliver.

The position itself is a great idea and I love it, but the name? How dare you. :bleh:

Arabesque- golfing girl. May 13th 2018 07:14 PM

This is great, thank you for telling us about it!:)

DeletedAccount63 May 13th 2018 10:20 PM

So I like the sound of a lot of these roles. I have sent in an applications for three or four things.

DeletedAccount69 May 13th 2018 10:37 PM

I am really excited about a lot of these! I submitted something. I think Buddy, Email Mentor, Social Media Assistant and Marketing are the ones that interest me most! I look forward to learning more about all the roles. :)

Kate* May 14th 2018 12:42 AM

I see two I like, but they aren't prioritized (applied anyway). It would be fun to volunteer again

Ambedo. May 14th 2018 08:02 PM

I really like the new roles you've come up with! I'm excited to see how they all grow and what they add to TeenHelp.

DeletedAccount29 May 14th 2018 11:04 PM

Love the new roles, Rob!

I see three I like, but I can't apply yet as I am waiting for a response regarding the application I submitted in March. :)