TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Announcements Here you will find announcements and discussions about new or updated TeenHelp features, news and events.

Note: Only administrators can create threads in this forum; everyone can reply to threads here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,199, Level: 45 Points: 101,199, Level: 45 Points: 101,199, Level: 45

Happy New Year - Looking forward, get involved - January 3rd 2020, 11:11 PM

Hello TeenHelpers!

We would like to wish you a very happy new year and give you a few updates from us. If you haven't done so already I encourage you to read Robin's discussion about community and some of the great things that have been happening over the holidays, as well as Haley's announcement of our Winter Awards including our prestigious Volunteer Of The Year Award.

Here's what's coming up:

Share Your Views - Member Survey

I would be delighted to have you complete our annual survey and share your views with us on how you find TeenHelp and how we could do better. All sections are optional and it will only take 1-2 minutes to complete the first section which is multiple choice and we would appreciate even this bit of info from you. If you have more time,you can also share your ideas on the following questions, which will give us new ideas to work on. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated - Thank you for your help!

http://www.teenhelp.org/links/click.php?id=30

2019-2021 Action Plan

I am pleased to share a summary of our Action Plan for 2019-2021 which details some of the main things we want to achieve in the next few years, how we're going to achieve these and how we will know when we've been successful. Our survey above will feed into this and within each goal there is a separate plan of projects that are being worked on towards each area. You can view this on our Mission page.

http://www.teenhelp.org/mission/

Coming up...

New Chat Room

We are beginning to test an exciting new Chat Room that will hopefully be live in the next month or so and will be a great new feature on the site! We need members to help us test this, please PM me if you are interested. We are especially interested to hear from young people 13-24 who are keen to share their ideas on this as well as other areas in the future. There's no minimum time commitment or skills, you just need lots of enthusiasm, so please don't be shy, we really appreciate your help!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1

Calendar Challenge

Each month we'll be publishing a new themed calendar to give you inspiration and ideas. It's the new year so January is all about self-improvement, so we challenge you to do one thing each day to improve yourself and get started on those pesky resolutions! In the calendar we've come up with tons of ideas to start you off, but do other things that are personal to you too!

http://www.teenhelp.org/links/click.php?id=29

If you have any questions of any of the above please let me know!
TeenHelp Project Co-ordinators

Last edited by Rob; January 4th 2020 at 04:02 PM.
6 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Happy New Year - Looking forward, get involved - January 4th 2020, 08:05 PM

An excellent Action Plan! 3.5 is definitely something I can get behind, for a variety of reasons. While I think it's great to have more maturer staff members, having young people part of staff is extremely important. It gives a sense of purpose, community, support, and valuable life experience in a role of responsibility (which can often be extremely hard to acquire in today's world). Definitely looking forward to seeing how things work out, in this year and the next!

I imagine that there will be quite a few members willing to come forward and help test the new chat room! While I'm not one for visiting the chatroom (given my shocking social anxiety at times), if there happen to be a lack of testers available, I'd be more than happy to assist.

#23 of the calendar challenge definitely appeals to me. Always looking to try different exercises!
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: Happy New Year - Looking forward, get involved - January 9th 2020, 08:18 PM

Love the action plan and the calendar challenge! Excited about the new chat room too!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread