TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Announcements (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/)
-   -   TeenHelp Winter Awards and Volunteer Of The Year 2020. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f2-announcements/t161010-teenhelp-winter-awards-volunteer-year-2020-a/)

Rob December 27th 2020 03:06 PM

TeenHelp Winter Awards and Volunteer Of The Year 2020.

Hello everyone,

I have the pleasure of announcing our Winter Awards this year, which recognise and reward many different kinds of contributions to TeenHelp. We have awards under three categories:
  • Volunteer Of The Year
  • Outstanding Contribution
  • Inspiration
=====

Volunteer Of The Year

I am delighted to issue this year's Volunteer Of The Year Award to Emma (Golfing girl)!

Emma has volunteered with TeenHelp for the last three years as a HelpLINK Mentor. She is regularly active across the site, creating threads in the Support Forums, responding to HelpLINK requests, checking in with others, and overall always willing to help other people.

She has been a thoughtful contributor to TeenHelp, and has devoted an enormous amount of time to guiding, helping and being most kind and compassionate to others.

One user told us, "The day I joined your site, it was Golfing girl who had made me feel welcome. That day onwards I wanted to stay and make home here."

This is exactly the kind of volunteer who makes TeenHelp a strong community. We are truly grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful volunteer as Emma.

Congratulations Emma!

=====

Outstanding Contribution

For our Outstanding Contribution Awards we would like to issue the following:
  • Sarah (eaty) - This year Sarah has led the launch of the new Chat Room. "Sarah has provided a consistent presence and demonstrated a solution-focused attitude", helping to deal with novel situations and overcome challenges our Staff members have encountered while implementing the new area.
  • Mallika - Mallika joined at the beginning of the year and very quickly made a positive impact on TeenHelp. Her advice is always very thorough and thoughtful and she is a constant source of support, replying to HelpLINK as well as around the Forums. "Her presence here is very comforting." "Her contributions are well thought out, caring, and show a lot of knowledge with each post she makes."
  • Jenna (Melancholia.) - Jenna recently made an outstanding contribution by taking the initiative to create a Halloween movie night graphic at the last minute. "Jenna, without prompting, presented a graphic we could use to promote the event on the website and on our social media pages." which we are very grateful for.
=====

Inspiration

For our Inspiration Awards we would like to issue the following:
  • Lynds (Just Peachy.) - Lynds has recently returned to TeenHelp and in that time it has been clear how inspirational she has been in interacting with other members especially in the Chat Room. She "embodies many of TeenHelp's values, whether it be kindness, patience" and adds much to the community here.
  • Sarah (Rivière) - Sarah is a regular member who constantly provides support/advice on the Forums, she is "so level-headed and calm in her responses, no matter what the situation may be", which on countless occasions has helped others to find solutions to very challenging problems.
=====

Congratulations to everyone who has received a received an award!

Thank you to those who submitted nominations. Please continue to share feedback and if you're ready to start your own volunteering story, have a look at our Volunteer page to find out more.

Kind regards,
TeenHelp

Rivière December 27th 2020 04:02 PM

Re: TeenHelp Winter Awards and Volunteer Of The Year 2020.

Oh wow. :nosweat: I don't even know what to say. I honestly wasn't expecting this. :nosweat: Thank you ever so much!

Congratulations to Emma, Sarah, Mallika, Jenna, and Lynds! Thank you for your contributions! And thank you to all those who contribute and aim to make Teen Help the best support site out there!

Resilient December 27th 2020 04:07 PM

Congratulations award winners :) everyone awarded is deserving of it.

Just Peachy. December 27th 2020 04:31 PM

was not expecting this! Thank you so much :D Congrats to the others :D You all are fantastic!

DeletedAccount59 December 27th 2020 04:33 PM

Whoa, I was not expecting this! Thanks to whoever nominated me, I really appreciate it... you have no idea! :hug:

Congratulations to everyone else... Lynds, Emma, both Sarah's, and Mallika... congrats. :D

PSY December 27th 2020 04:41 PM

Congratulations to this year's Winter Awards recipients! Reviewing these nominations truly warmed my heart. 2020 has been a challenging year for all of us, but our members continue to support each other! :hug:

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 27th 2020 04:58 PM

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this:) I've been having a hard time and this made me smile. Congratulations Sarah, Mallika, Jenna, Lynds and Sarah:) You all do a lovely job. Thank you so much again. Hugs to all.

Dawn. December 28th 2020 12:18 AM

Congratulations to everyone to got an award! It was all well deserved! :)

DeletedAccount63 December 28th 2020 01:38 AM

Congrats to Every one.

DeletedAccount71 December 28th 2020 02:47 AM

Congratulations, everyone! Y'all have all worked so hard and I am happy to see you get recognition! :D

DeletedAccount53 December 28th 2020 08:25 AM

Congratulations everyone! I'm totally in awe of what you have given to our forum. So many members have benefitted.

Happy (and a safe!) New Year to you all.

Halcyon December 28th 2020 11:09 AM

Congratulations to everyone, all very well deserved. You are all amazing. :hug:

Celyn December 28th 2020 12:50 PM

Congratulations Golfing girl, eaty, Mallika, Melancholia., Just Peachy. and Rivière. Very well deserved! :)

Storyteller. December 28th 2020 08:40 PM

Congrats everyone!:balloons:

MsNobleEleanor December 28th 2020 10:58 PM

Congratulations everyone! :D

ladoglover December 29th 2020 02:21 AM

Congrats.

I feel worthless

You get an award just for suggesting stuff? I suggest stuff all the time and do not get an award. I suggested a venting chat room and some other things but nothing was done but when someone else suggests stuff its created instantly , why is that?

Ennui. December 30th 2020 11:01 PM

Congrats all1

Mallika January 1st 2021 01:01 PM

What a delightful surprise, a great way to start the new year! I didn't expect this at all! My heartiest congrats to Emma, both Sarah's, Jenna and Lynds! Also, a mighty WELL-DONE to everyone who has contributed positively to the site this year, irrespective of whether you received an award or not :hug:

Here's to a great 2021!