TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Alana M. F.

Exclamation need an answer A.S.A.P - April 25th 2012, 03:53 AM

Ok so here's the deal, I'm a bad runner, also an asthmatic. Cross country is coming up in 2 days and I have to run 3km (about a mile and a half I think). I've gotten better at running, but I can only run well when I WANT to run and there's no stress to it. I've already told that I'm gonna go, so I don't wanna look like a wimp and not show. But I also don't want to start crying at the start or fall behind as soon as it starts. I've never been before, but I have walked the track last year... It was hard. I just want my ankle to break or something so I have a reasonable excuse to not go.

The reason I'm worried is because there's 2 groups, the popular girl group and 'Jake's gang'. The popular girls make rumours about me and they spread, even up to the highschool sometimes. Jake's gang mock me and tease me and DON'T tell me to ignore them! They just get all up in your face and won't go away till you pay attention. If everyone was just like 'good job Alana, you did really well' and actually MEANT it, I wouldn't be concerned about being so bad.

Does ANYONE know how I can become a good runner in 2 days?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MD8 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: need an answer A.S.A.P - April 25th 2012, 12:17 PM

Two days is nearly impossible to improve speed,etc. However there are stuff you can do mentally that will help you. Visualization the event and picture your self running it and succeeding. Get in the mind set that its for fun and there is no pressure, keep telling your self you can do it. On the race day keep a positive attitude and as your running keep picturing yourself succeeding. The mind is a powerful weapon in sporting competitions.

As for running there are techniques you can learn to fix your mechanics, just do a youtube search.

As for the day before the cross country meet eat a lot of carbs and keep your self hydrated.

If you want to improve your running abilities overall and get fast,etc lmk.

Closed Thread