TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

If I die, will they finally stop? - November 14th 2012, 07:53 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm too upset and angry right now to explain everything fully. There are several girls who think it's funny to torture me. I'm the quiet girl, but I defended myelf today. I cursed at them and ended up taking my stuff and walking right out of the room. I burst into tears. I'm going to be skipping this class for the rest of the week. I'm thinking of bringing a blade so I can cut in the bathroom while I skip class. I can't get caught with that, though. That'll get me arrested. I wonder what will happen if I go through with suicide. Will they realize words hurt and finally shut up?

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 14th 2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autismsis View Post
I wonder what will happen if I go through with suicide. Will they realize words hurt and finally shut up?
You know what? Who gives a shit if they realise. They're a bunch of shits and you should give them as much attention as you'd give any other piece of shit.

Don't commit suicide to make anyone realise anything. Don't commit suicide at all.

And go to that class that you want to skip now. Don't let them get the better of you. Grow a thicker skin. Don't even talk to them, they're beneath you. You can tell them to fuck themselves without even saying it. Your body language and attitude should convey it. You have a life of your own and can do what the hell you want without having to answer to and impress some pathetic shits to keep them happy. Keep yourself happy first of all. If you feel that the stress is getting do you sometimes, try to pick up on some enjoyable hobbies that you maybe to, whatever they are. I promise you that when you feel like you're doing something constructive with yourself and not letting people like them distract you, you feel 100x better.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by BDF; November 14th 2012 at 11:06 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Honey Muffin Offline
Average Joe

Name: Kamrin

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 14th 2012, 08:50 PM

Hi Cassie
I'm proud of you for sticking up for yourself. That takes a lot of courage & strength. I know how it feels..especially when no one wants to help or defend you. I know it seems like the only option, but don't end your life because they're cold and cruel. You were brave when you yelled back & you still are brave. Is there someone you can talk to about this? a counselor maybe? I know it's scary, I was the quiet girl too & I was even afraid to confront counselors, but they'd help you. Those bullies deserve to be punished, not you. You don't deserve that. Message me if you need someone to talk to♥

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 14th 2012, 09:56 PM

Thanks. Well I've always been suicidal. I've tried six times. With everything else, I feel so weak I just want to give up. I'm trying to keep fighting. Ten years from now I won't know them.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 14th 2012, 09:59 PM

Hey there,

Bullying shouldn't be tolerated anywhere, you need to do something without harming yoruself in the process. Don't be afraid to go to someone and talk it out, because suicide is NOT worth it! Please stay strong gorgeous!

Just remember that you are an amazing girl and your life in the future will be fantastic!

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
clencki Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 15th 2012, 10:32 PM

Hi. I am seriously against bullying. And it hurts me to read things like this that are going on. I only want to change the world and make it a better place. Don't let people get you down, I know that if they keep doing it and doing it it gets hard but you need to know that you are SO SO much better then them. The fact that they are even saying things makes them so low. If you have good friends you stick with them and you keep being strong. I'm also glad you stuck up for yourself. I just need you to know that you are beautiful and strong and that the only person you need to impress is YOU. <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Oldaccount. Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 16th 2012, 01:47 PM

Hey Cassie,

I'm sorry to hear that you're being bullied. I'm glad that you stuck up for yourself and walked out of your class because you shouldn't have to put up with being bullied by people; your school shouldn't tolerate bullying either and somebody should have done something about it while you were in the class. I'd really suggest telling a teacher you trust in your school or talk to your head teacher, especially if it is making you feel suicidal and makes you want to harm yourself. You shouldn't have to put up with the bullies hurting you. I'd suggest speaking to somebody such as a counsellor or a school nurse about the bullying, self harm and suicidal thoughts because it can really help having somebody to talk to about all of this and to seek support.

You don't deserve any of this at all and you shouldn't have to tolerate people's nastiness towards you. Please talk to somebody, especially if you're feeling so low because you don't have to go through any of this on your own and you don't deserve self harm or suicide.

Take care of yourself and I hope you get all of this sorted,
Lex

(#8 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 17th 2012, 10:07 PM

I have a trusted teacher that I speak to. She actually let me stay with her during that class period the following day. I'm in group therapy once a week as well as individual therapy. My parents are aware of the situation.

I don't know what got into me, but on Friday after second period I just walked out of the school building and walked home. Thanks to everyone who answered

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Francois Offline
Average Joe

Name: Francois

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 19th 2012, 04:20 PM

Do you know why people bully others? They do it because they see that those people are better than them, and they HATE that. So, next time someone bullies you, take pride in knowing that they only do it because they know you are better than them, and that it hurts their precious little ego's so much that they try and place that pain onto you. DON'T LET THEM. They try and drive you to suicide because they know that THEY are not worthy of living. Always remember that. You are worth so much to this planet that it kills them to know that in comparison to you, they are worthless. Don't let them try and convince you that you are like them.

All in the name of adrenalin

(#10 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 19th 2012, 07:13 PM

Today, she confronted me with a friend after a weekend. She asked to talk to me, so I talked to her with my friends so she couldn't cause harm to me. She wanted to know why rumors are going around that I'm saying she's bullying me. I only told a few people, and they didn't get a name from me. People must have noticed. I told her I didn't start or spread those rumors She then went and tried to get my friends against me, telling them I'm a liar.

I spent first period with my counselor, and all my teachers moved me away from her. Admin are suppossed to speak with her, but I'm afraid of retaliation. I'm going to need as much support as you guys have <3 My mom ended up picking me up and she doesn't want me at school tomorrow, either. Looks like I'll only be spending a half of a day this week at school, and next Monday and Tuesday I have appointments My teachers are going to hate all the absences.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#11 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 21st 2012, 10:32 AM

They took my text messages....and altered them to make me look bad. Technology is too much. So I lost one of my 'best' friends and she told everyone that I cut and that I'm suicidal. Fucking lovely. Then they sent me nasty text messages so I got a new number. Maybe I'm just worthless.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Amika Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 21st 2012, 11:04 AM

You have to understand that whatever those girls are doing is WRONG and they will not be able to get away with this for long. You have to be strong and try to remain calm while deciding how to deal with them. And you should know that they bully you only because they are stupid and senseless creatures. They themselves have several complexes and they pick on you to hide their own shortcomings!

(#13 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 21st 2012, 05:33 PM

It's their loss more than yours. One day, they'l inevitably get their ass handed to them. They'l slip. Someone will catch them. Or someone will simply get pissed off and fuck them up, maybe even literally.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Lori8118 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lori

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 22nd 2012, 05:57 PM

You don't deserve this, these girls sound like absolute bitches. Don't let them get to you, just because you're quiet they think they can walk all over you but they're WRONG. Instead of cutting yourself, why don't you tell a teacher or a guidance counselor? As a cutter, I can tell you that in the end it only makes things worse, and by cutting, you're letting them win. Don't let them win. I hope you see how special you are, and know that in no way, shape, or form do you deserve ANY of this. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Stay strong, I know you can do this<3

(#15 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - November 27th 2012, 09:02 PM

Now the girl got her friends to bother me. One kicked me and the other talked about me openly in front of the whole class

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#16 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 1st 2012, 10:51 AM

As others have said, these girls are acting like complete and utter bitches and they don't deserve the time of day from you. They're doing this purely to get a reaction from you, so the best way to respond is simply not to give them one. Ignore them. Make it seem like it doesn't matter, even if deep down it hurts like hell (and I was bullied consistently for around 7 years so I know it hurts like hell a lot of the time). Eventually they'll either realise it's not working and leave you alone, or as BDF says they'll slip up and get caught because they're trying harder to get a reaction. They will get their comeuppance, believe me, and when they do your friends and class will see them for the conceited little madams they really are.
At the same time, don't suffer in silence. Tell your trusted teacher and counsellor, make sure people are aware of what's going on - because if you do, when these girls do slip up (and they will) if there's a record of reports against them it will strengthen the school's hand in dealing with them. That probably sounds slightly contradictory - don't react to them but react to others - but it is the best way. You don't deserve to go through this, and you certainly don't deserve to suffer in silence. So stay strong, don't give them the reaction they're after and make sure someone can do something about it.

Take care.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 2nd 2012, 02:41 AM

Nothing was done when it was brought up to the administration. Nothing was done until we filed a formal complaint with the county. These people will be removed from my classes (I heard they're pretty pissed at me) A member of the security will be watching me, they'll know where I am at all times. It won't be obvious, though. They'll probably watch the cameras or something. All of my teachers are aware. The only bad thing about that is I won't be able to skip or leave in the middle of the school day.

I was pretty upset the other day. There's a long story, but every free adult was looking for me, they were going to lock the school down until the found me. They thought I had killed myself. That would have looked really bad on our school. Shit would have hit the fan. Some of the staff members have my phone number. I really just want to commit suicide. I'm not afraid since I've tried so much. People might miss me at first, but they'd get over it.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#18 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 2nd 2012, 04:45 PM

Cassie, committing suicide is not the answer to this. At all. Action IS being taken, and people will keep an eye out for you - granted, it's taken a while, but they are doing something about it now. That means it WILL be a temporary problem. Suicide would be a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and more than that it would mean they've gotten the ultimate reaction from you. You are capable of so much better than that. Study hard, be successful, prove them wrong about you - as the saying goes, success is the best form of revenge. I wanted to kill myself at times as well - on one occasion, I had it all pretty much figured out before my mum talked me out of it (and I dread to think what she must have felt when her own son said he wanted to kill himself). But I got through it, got good grades, went to university and got a top degree in a difficult subject. I managed to do all of that, despite what happened when I was your age, and if I can do it there's no reason why you can't too. You have a life full of opportunity ahead of you, however hard it is to see right now, and it's not remotely worth throwing that away for the sake of one conceited bitch and her shameless "friends". You can be better than them, better than their insults. Rise above it.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Katie Lydia Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 3rd 2012, 12:37 PM

Cassie, i was bullied since i could walk and talk until i left high school, i skipped high school so much (i was off for 6 months straight), i let them win and i regret it everyday of my life, if i'd have stayed on i could be in my 3rd year at university now but i had to start from the bottom and work my way up again, i'm now in my first year at uni doing something i love with classmates who i love and who love me for who i am. I let them beat me down and stop me from being myself but now that's no more, the minute someone makes a comment to me i retaliate (with words!) and report it to the support staff who deal with it accordingly.

I took a blade into school and cut myself there, i slashed my arm to smithereens and you know what happened? Everyone found out, i was called an attention seeker, some tried to follow me when i was trying to cover up the blood, they then told the guidance staff i had brought a blade into school to cut myself and possibly kill myself, luckily i stashed the blade and told them i'd done it at home and just picked the cuts, they said if i had been found with a blade i'd be out of school immediatly and no chance of getting picked up by another school (who wants the kid that brings blades in?) and the police and social services would have been phoned.

Learn from my mistakes, let your so called "friends" believe what they hear, they're not true friends and clearly don't have minds of their own, i pity them and so should you. Your not a sheep who follows the crowd and unfortunately some people don't realise how incredible and awesome that is. I'm glad the school are helping you and fuck what the bullies think, who cares if their pissed at you - they shouldn't have bullied you in the first place!

If the bullying does persist what i done was i wrote the name of my bully on a paper, what they said and done and dated it, by the end of three days i had two full pages worth of stuff they'd done and they couldn't wriggle out of it. Keep up with the counselling and therapy sessions, get stronger everyday and fuck those arrogant arseholes that are so low in self esteem they have to make themselves feel better by picking on someone.

Razors pain you
Rivers are damp
Acid stains you
Drugs cause cramp
Guns aren't lawful
Nooses give
Gas smells awful
You might as well live.

♥ Family ♥ Animals ♥ Cats

(#20 (permalink)) Old
JustAnotherSoul Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 3rd 2012, 04:07 PM

I have a suggestion for you. How about ditching your cell and texting and Facebook for a while and finding some fun and interesting books to read? How about learning a new hobby? How about learning to cook? How about sewing? Car repair? Boxing? Gardening? How about volunteering at the animal shelter or at the hospital? How about expanding your view to the world around you? Once you do that, you can leave all the suffering behind and make the most of the incredible gifts you've been given. Be well.

Last edited by JustAnotherSoul; December 3rd 2012 at 04:56 PM.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 6th 2012, 03:04 PM

First off, I don't have a facebook. I think it's ridiculous. It doesn't matter. They told me if I reported it again, they'd fuck me up. I went to the administrator where they told me to get over it. I was taken out of that school, and I'm going to start going to an online school where I can graduate high school at age 15.

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

(#22 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 6th 2012, 04:14 PM

Don't be cowed by their idle threats - they're only making them because they realise they're on the verge of being caught and it scares them. Fact of the matter is, if they DID try and act on them they would be at best suspended and at worst expelled - end of story. They're just trying to prolong their little game a bit longer. Well, tough. You deserve better than this, and if that's the way they're going to respond then they deserve to be caught and kicked out. Also, with the county involved the administrator would have to do something about it if they had any aspirations on hanging onto their job for much longer...

That being said, if like you say you've been taken out of that school it sounds like that may have solved the issue as well. I'm sorry it's taken such measures to solve it, but hopefully you can move forward from this. That being said, if for any reason this girl or her friends continue to harass you outside of school, don't sit on it. Make sure people know about it so they can do something - call the police if need be. But don't suffer in silence.

Quote:
RIP Nick

(#23 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: If I die, will they finally stop? - December 6th 2012, 07:44 PM

The county did do something- they moved the individuals out of my classes. Then security was to follow me around school grounds. That made it get worse. The security at my school were a joke. They were older men, each of which had physical problems that prevented them from properly doing their jobs. They're hiring new security gaurds as of now. That was when the threats came, they bothered me at lunch. When my mom and I were there yesterday to get signatures (to verify I didn't owe text books) they followed me around the school (it was during lunch)

1941-2016

-Lao Tzu

Closed Thread