TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 15th 2009, 09:10 PM

I used to be friends with this one kid who is now a major jerk. He'll be called Joe. Now recently, last year, I made friends with a new kid; we'll call him Jim. He used to be a really good friend but now, this year, we're all in class together and sit together and he and Joe both gang up on me every day! Anything I say (or don't say) he turns it around and calls me gay or makes fun of my family or calls me a baby. I try and comeback at him but he and Jim always have something to say back cause they work together. I asked them why they do this and they just say it's fun! They are really getting to me. And Joe has two other friends who also call me names. And we all have the same periods (EVERY SINGLE ONE) so I cant avoid them! Now, my school is divided into 3 areas in the eighth grade, so my other REAL friends are on different areas and I never see them. HELP! I really don't want to ask my parents for help (why else come here) and I don't want to tell a teacher or other kids will call me a tattletale or etc.

Last edited by Dude; April 15th 2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: More complainin

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 15th 2009, 10:24 PM

Hiya, (:.
Bullying isnt nice, i would know from past experience. What these boys are doing to you is wrong, its unkind and not nice. I know you said you dont want to tealk to your parents or a teacher which is why you have come here, but you need to. All of us on here can be here and support you through this, but we cant change the way the boys are acting towards you. I really think you need to talk to a teacher.

Is there a teacher you really like and trust? I know it will be hard, but i know you can do this. Its the only way forward for you. Its not far on you, you cant live everyday being bullied. Think about talking to someone and keep me updated on how it goes, yeh?
Take care x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 15th 2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzka View Post
Hiya, (:.
Bullying isnt nice, i would know from past experience. What these boys are doing to you is wrong, its unkind and not nice. I know you said you dont want to tealk to your parents or a teacher which is why you have come here, but you need to. All of us on here can be here and support you through this, but we cant change the way the boys are acting towards you. I really think you need to talk to a teacher.

Is there a teacher you really like and trust? I know it will be hard, but i know you can do this. Its the only way forward for you. Its not far on you, you cant live everyday being bullied. Think about talking to someone and keep me updated on how it goes, yeh?
Take care x
Thank you so much! I'm really glad that someone can help me! I guess all I have to do is muster up enough courage to talk to a teacher or counselor about this. But my number one concern is that if the problem isn't resolved and we have to be split up, all my other friends are on different areas of my school; EVEN LUNCH. I'll do my best and update the result. God bless you! Thanks for being my guardian angel!

Last edited by Dude; April 15th 2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: More nice things to say

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 16th 2009, 02:51 AM

Hey there,

First off, well done for posting here about this instead of keeping quiet and letting them continue with this behavior - it's not fair for you to have to go through this during the day and they don't have any right to be picking on you or insulting you or your family. You mentioned you didn't want to talk to a teacher because you're afraid of being called a tattletale..well, just keep in mind that it takes far more courage to try to get the problem to stop than to just let them say these things to you. If anything, I think you'll gain respect for telling - chances are there are others who are tired of their behavior as well, because no one likes a bully. And think of it this way...you've had the courage to talk about it here, you can have the courage to talk to a teacher as well. If you're a bit nervous about talking to someone, maybe print out your post here and show it to them - it might be easier to show them than verbally telling them.

The other thing to remind yourself is that you're in eighth grade - you and your friends might be separated but, you can make new friends, you aren't necessarily limited to your current circle of friends. That's the thing about switching classes and such, you have the chance to meet so many new people. You never know, you could become friendly with someone in one of your new classes you weren't friendly with before, and that friendship could be stronger than your friendships now. You just never know, anything could happen. Keep an open mind when it comes to being in different classes from your friends.

Let me know anytime you want to talk about anything, yeah? Keep safe, take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 16th 2009, 07:58 PM

Hey you guys. Thank you so much for the suggestions! I am so glad and thankful there's wonderful people like you! Today, they lightened up on me but still called me names! They make fun of everything I do! If I scratch my face or if I eat. They'll even throw stuff at me when I sleep a little in class. And, since being mean is not really in my nature, when they say something I rarely ever comeback. But today, I did not meet a counselor. This week and next we're testing. But I was wondering, do you think their could be a way to restore friendship? Thanks!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fictional Offline
Nom ;D
I've been here a while

Name: Jessy

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 16th 2009, 08:50 PM

Is there any way you can move to be with your friends in a different area? If you ask at the reception, they should be able to, especially as you're being bullied. They do in my school.

There's always light at the end of a tunnel, even if you have to pass a few bends to see it.

Proud reciever of a glance from Kyo xD

Mada tooi anataboshi

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 16th 2009, 09:40 PM

I sure wish I could, but since the year is almost over and we're taking exams, there are no more transfers or anything, otherwise they would have to take me out of my gifted classes and such. Thanks for the suggestion though.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 17th 2009, 05:59 AM

Damn Dude, it's really crappy when your friends turn on you like that. Honestly though, talk to other people. You might be shy, but you'll find people you'll like to talk to. You might be able to salvage the friendship, but don't make that your sole focus,

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sunshine☮ Offline
run til the sun burns out
Not a n00b

Name: Amber

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 17th 2009, 10:32 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about all of that. It really sucks what they're doing. But try not to let it get to you, which I know is really hard to do. They're only picking on you to make themselves feel better. Since you can't separate yourself from them, try to pick the seat farthest away from them in classes and avoid them whenever you can. I think by talking to a teacher and counselor, they'll be able to help you a lot. :)

They don't deserve your friendship. They're obviously not very good friends and they seem quite mean, so you don't need them! Stick to your other friends and ignore these two. Going back to tem and restoring your friendship would just show them that they can bully you and get away with it.

Ignore them and hopefully things will work out. Maybe next year you won't have to deal with them!

Good luck! x

formerly know as Dori

most of the shadows of this life are caused
by our standing in our own
sunshine

Last edited by Sunshine☮; April 17th 2009 at 10:47 PM.
  Send a message via MSN to Sunshine☮  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 18th 2009, 02:44 PM

Again, thanks for all the support! The weird thing is, when we were outside because exams were half over, we found some common ground and played football and had a fun time! Afterwards, no harsh comments or anything! I don't know whether it's over or not, but at least it was cool for one day. But if things get out of hand on Monday, I'll check in with a counselor. Thanks again for everything you guys! I'll keep you updated.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
killing-myself Offline
Not a n00b

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 19th 2009, 12:02 AM

i have a question
1. Are they bigger than you?
[edited]

"your story is important, your life matters, you are not the only one who hurts your not the only one with questions, your not the only one who dreams, you are not alone, every person in this room, every person who stands on that stage: we are all people in need, people need people, we probably dont have to convince you that pain is real, but in the face of that, we want you ro know that hope is real and that help is real," quote from the Heavy and light intro video.

Last edited by ForeverAutumn*; April 19th 2009 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Removing reference to causing physical harm to another person [against bullying forum rules].

(#12 (permalink)) Old
monstermanx Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Brendan

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 19th 2009, 02:43 AM

Drop them all.

Basically the end of it.

Do or do not, there is no try!" - Joey Kovar

(#13 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Flannery

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 19th 2009, 03:14 AM

Ahh this is rough, I feel for you, man. But honestly they don't deserve your friendship. I know it may seem like they can be friends with you and things would be so much easier, but what would stop them from doing the exact same thing again, like last time? I'm SO glad you guys were neutral for a day! You don't have to be friends with them, but stay on their good side. However, be careful you don't want to become like them and start doing what they did to you, to other ppl. Although I doubt you will
Best of Luck
Flannery

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

She likes him...he likes her...welcome to heartbreak.

If the truth hurts, and love stinks...then true love must realllly suck.

-xo Flannery
  Send a message via AIM to liquidchill  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Dude Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 22nd 2009, 12:14 AM

Thank you guys so much. (have I said that enough already) But the weird awesome thing is that the teasing and the name-calling have all stopped! We all treat each other the same now! It seems like friendship actually been restored. Thanks for helping me with my problem you guys. Thanks for being angels in my time of need. PM me if you want any advice on bullying! (or whatever you want)

(#15 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Flannery

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 22nd 2009, 02:21 AM

Yay! I'm glad everything is good with you guys! Just be careful in case anything like this happens again...which I hope it doesn't of course

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

She likes him...he likes her...welcome to heartbreak.

If the truth hurts, and love stinks...then true love must realllly suck.

-xo Flannery
  Send a message via AIM to liquidchill  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I'm getting ganged up on. (Ima dude) - April 22nd 2009, 10:23 AM

I'm so glad to hear things worked out. [:

I'm going to close this then, since the OP's problem has been solved. If anyone disagrees or wants this reopened, drop me a PM.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

Closed Thread