TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BubblyBabyBlue Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Storm

Unhappy What do I do? - December 15th 2012, 01:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Today was NOT my day....literally. I have been bullied so much today. Like today, I was in computer class and one of my so called friends called me an "ugly, skinny, burned girl!" Then him and this other guy with a speaking problem said "That's you have no boy friend. No guys like her." and earlier another guy laughed at me for no reason at all To be honest, idk if it was my hair or what. But I felt awful but I didn't show it. I didn't want anybody to find out but today, I told my mother and she asked if she should let my father come to the school. I'm in high school and I don't want people calling me a "snitch". Plz help me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: What do I do? - December 15th 2012, 02:32 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Trust me, what these people are doing has NOTHING to do with you. It's about THEM. People often bully because they think it will make them feel better about themselves - more powerful, more popular, whatever. It is NOT because of anything you did. So try not to let it get you down!

I totally understand not wanting to be seen as a "snitch," so I think it's great and very brave that you told your mother. However, I don't necessarily think you should have your father come to school. I don't honestly think that would solve anything.

What I would do in your situation is tell the principal, the school counselor, or a teacher what's going on, or have your mom do so, because they are the ones who can actually solve the problem. If you don't tell someone who can stop the bullying, the bullying won't be stopped (unless you are able to stop it on your own, which would be great! Although it sounds like you've already tried that). I know you don't want to be seen as a snitch - but to be honest, it doesn't matter if the bullies think you're a snitch, and most other people will understand and think you're very courageous for telling someone. And anyway, it's better for people to think you're a tattletale who will report them if they bully you than to continue to be bullied, right?

This is what I recommend: Find a private time to talk to the principal/counselor/teacher, and just tell them what's happening. Let them know that you would like to keep the conversation as confidential as possible, and they will understand and probably expect this. I'm sure they will do everything in their power to put a stop to the bullying, and it will feel good to know that you have people on your side. Best case scenario...the bullying will be stopped for good, and you can move on. Worst case scenario...you can always change schools and start fresh if it gets really bad, right? But I doubt that it will come to that.

Good luck, and I hope this situation is resolved quickly!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dobbie_93 Offline
Be Your Wild Self
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Laura

Re: What do I do? - December 19th 2012, 03:12 PM

I can totally relate to how you feel about not wanting to be called a 'snitch'. But really ask yourself, do you want this to continue? A person who stands up to another bullying them, is far more respected than the ones who sit around and let it happen.

I was bullied for years at school, and like you, I didn't say anything because I was too afraid if I did. But in the end it got to the point where if I didn't say anything I knew it would only get worse. A bully is a person who feeds off of people's fear, sad and depressed with their own lives that they have nothing better to do.

If you don't want to talk to an adult, is there anyone else you feel comfortable talking to? You mentioned that your dad wanted to go to the school - maybe at first that seems daunting, but it might not be a bad idea. A bully/bullies never stop, especially when they know that they can get away with it..

Have a think about it, and maybe reconsider. it might seem like a difficult decision to make now, but in the long run it will be so much better, and easier!

LOVE IS LOUDER
Than The Pressure To Be
Perfect...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Reign. Offline
Just Hold On We're Going Home~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kay

Re: What do I do? - December 25th 2012, 12:19 AM

Honey, please, NEVER let anyone EVER make you feel bad about yourself again.
You are beautiful and wonderful and such a sweetheart.

I don't care what those people say, they are just jealous and know that they'll never have a girl as special as you.
I understand what you're going through and believe me, I let my bully take away who I was. I starved myself. I felt alone and weak.

Do not let them get to you. Don't let them take away who you are. Don't let them take away your self-worth. Be strong and think positively about yourself. remember that you're always going to be better than them, because they're the ones trying to take down other people because they're insecure and they want you to be like them.
Don't be like them honey.
Don't let yourself get insecure.

It breaks my heart to see any young girl go through this.
It's wrong.

But listen honey, believe in yourself. Believe that you are stronger and wiser and more beautiful and amazing than those who are hurting you. Believe that with every fiber of your being.
I believe in you and I believe that you are strong enough to not let them win.

Block it out as much as possible. And if you can't, walk with your held held high and ignore them. You're better than they will ever be, and you should know that.
Love who you are and how you look no matter what anyone tells you or says or does to you. You deserve to love and believe in yourself.
Have confidence in the fact that you're going places in life and that they probably aren't.

I cannot stress enough the importance of believing in yourself and embracing who you are and loving who you are as a whole. Nothing can give you the confidence and security that that frame of mind can.

Stay positive and never back down and never change who you are.
Because you truly are beautiful inside and out and you're a wonderful person. Never forget that. <3

Feel free to PM/VM me anytime you ever need or want to okay honey?

I wish you the best.

~Kay.

So dance if it moves you,
and jump in the fire, if it burns you.
I'll throw my arms around you darlin',
and we'll turn to ashes.

Kinda like the way you tell me,
"Baby, please come home. I need you here right now.
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Christopher Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chris

Re: What do I do? - December 26th 2012, 04:49 AM

People can be extremely cruel, the "snitch" issue is horrible in my opinion. When it comes to bullying how can you not "Snitch"?
If you don't say something than they keep bullying, if you do than they classify you as a snitch? There is no win win in that situation if you only look at those two options.
I say do not even consider them your "So called friends". Find some people that treat you the way you treat them, as a human being. Stay away from them and just let what they say pass by, be around people who enjoy you for who you are and don't give the rest the time of day.

Sober Since September 7th 2012

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jen

Re: What do I do? - December 26th 2012, 03:25 PM

I have the same issue . just try to ignore it cause they don know what there missing out on hug:

just done...
  Send a message via Yahoo to I love my baby Forever Send a message via Skype™ to I love my baby Forever 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Sonic06 Offline
I am the harbinger!!!!
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ryan

Re: What do I do? - December 28th 2012, 09:35 PM

I remember when I was in school I used to get bullied quite a bit my mum must of gone into the school At least 3 or 4 times before the teachers actually did anything to stop it. I'm sort of glad that I was bullied because its made me a stronger person however it shouldn't happened. Your better of telling your parents or teachers about what's going on trust me your not a snitch. End of the day you want to be able to enjoy school without people bullying you. I hope I've helped somehow

Closed Thread