TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TwistofFate_07 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Ashley

Why was I born - December 29th 2012, 05:09 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been bullied ever since I was born. I've been bullied in many different ways. When I was little. I'm sorry. When I was little.....people used to always bully me and tease me.....even the people who were and are suppose to be my friends. ........I'm sorry. I'm just in so much pain. They used to call me names, beat me up, force me to do things that I didn't want to do. You know, the things that a bully would do. When I was about eight or nine, I became a tomboy. When that happened the bullying just continued and it got worse. People would tease me about the clothes I would wear and just make me feel so alone. It happened everywhere. At school, on the bus, at home, everywhere. I recently found out that I'm transgender. I really want my hair cut like my brothers........but I'm afraid that I would just be bullied for that. The bullying still goes on to this day. Some of the people that are my friends are not always my friends. Sometimes.....they're just like all the others. No one likes me at school. I'm just so afraid that if I get my hair cut......my fellow peers and the whole school will bully me.

What should I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cerisman Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Why was I born - December 31st 2012, 05:35 AM

Hey gorgeous! Do what YOU want to do. Don't let your happiness be defined by what other people think about you. The only way you are going to be happy is by learning to not live your life around what other people consider "normal" or "beautiful". You are beautiful in the fact that you are a human being with emotions & feelings. These are something that you can control to an extent. Don't surround yourself with people who make you feel bad about who you are. Once you accept who you are, and that you cannot change how people react to you, or treat you, then you will find happiness. You will realize as you get older that people are always going to come and go & those kids that are bullying you...they have their own stuff going on too. Those are the kids that give into peer pressure because they think it's "cool" to be rude & mean to other people. That doesn't make it okay. You WILL find people that love you just as you are, however that is. Find a way to let those comments slide off your shoulders because at the end of the day, you have to make YOU happy. Those kids know nothing of your life or what you're going through, and you can't control them or how they act toward you. So brush them off. Their comments mean NOTHING. Know why? Because you are beautiful. Once you realize that, then you will be happy. Find your happiness, darling. It doesn't come from anyone else but yourself. & get out there & find some good friends! They are out there, I promise! The ones that are worth it, won't get you down about yourself. They will be there for you through everything. Those are the ones you should listen to. The ones that make you feel wonderful about being you. Go on, cut your hair! Remember, don't let them decide your life for you & don't live in fear. Life is short, do what you can to make it good for YOU & no one else. <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jen

Re: Why was I born - December 31st 2012, 05:51 AM

I have this same issue itsnot worth hurting urslf over it . we can stand up to those bullies , they don't know that they are just making themselves feel better <3 stay strong

just done...
  Send a message via Yahoo to I love my baby Forever Send a message via Skype™ to I love my baby Forever 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Breathe~me Offline
Average Joe

Name: Janine

Re: Why was I born - December 31st 2012, 10:32 AM

Relying on other people's approval is just asking for trouble. There are people out there that are going to hate/bully you regardless if you try and change who you are or if you get a new haircut. Do what ever you want, what they say is just pure words of low lifes that have nothing better to do (or as this generation calls them: TROLLS). So try sticking up for yourself! If they tease you about you're clothes DO NOT bite back or say anything nasty just kill them with kindness (it pisses people off with out even being mean, trust me it works ). Try saying something like " thanks, i like what jacket/shirt/pants too " if they say something that is completely nasty about your clothes/ tease you. If they say something mean about your hair just say "thanks, I'm glad you like it" . It helps if you say it in a happy, sweet, compassionate tone of voice so it sounds like you're not even listening to them ! good luck feel free to pm me anytime xxx

~ Words scar, Rumors destroy and bullies kill ~
~ I'm just another nobody.
~ You can't tell how much suffering is on a face that's always smiling </3
~ Be my friend.
hold me.
wrap me up.
unfold me.
I am small and needy.
Warm me up and breathe me.

❤❤❤
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe to me on Youtube <3 http://www.youtube.com/user/xJustAnotherNobodyx1