TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
sw2bm Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Raven

Exclamation going on for too long!!!!! - April 17th 2009, 12:13 PM

hi again and i need some advice,i ride the bus every morning and there are theses three boys and every morning they call me names(thinking i don't hear them)The blame me for stupid stuff too like farting on the bus and saying that bitch stinks.i been the middle of their fat jokes forever and im at a point were i want to cry. but i have nothing else in me to.i want to so bad get up on the bus go to the back and beat the hell out of all of them, i told me mom but she just say they are seniors they will be gone soon,i need another way of approaching this,and what's the point on telling an adult (i mean this isn't elementary school anymore), i just need help,please before i go crazy.
  Send a message via AIM to sw2bm Send a message via Skype™ to sw2bm 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: going on for too long!!!!! - April 17th 2009, 06:06 PM

Hi there,

Well, in once sense, your mum is right - it is rather close to the end of the school year and if they're seniors, they'll be out of your hair before long. However, that doesn't mean you have to put up with their behavior until the end of the year because for one thing, that's not fair to you - and if they're seniors, they should know better and should have the maturity not to pick on others because of their appearance.

Which brings me to another point here - maturity. Clearly you're far more mature than them, because no matter how tempting it's been [and I don't blame you for feeling this way, I'd be angry as well if someone picked on me for my appearance], you haven't stooped down to their level and gotten back at them, whether physically [as in beating them up] or verbally [taunting them as well]. It really does take a lot of maturity to be the bigger person and not try to seek revenge of some sorts. The other thing is that, if they don't have the maturity to be decent human beings and not pick on others because of their appearance, they honestly aren't worth your time or patience. If they want to be jerks, so what - they aren't worth getting upset over if they hurt you like this.

You are right - you're not in elementary school anymore, which means the guys should know better than to bully others. You're not little kids, it's high time they grew up and started acting their age instead of being bullies. No one, no one likes a bully. Just because you're in high school doesn't mean you have to put up with them, though. It's perfectly ok to talk to a teacher or guidance counselor at your school about what they say to you/about you and how it makes you feel. Most schools do have a zero-tolerance policy towards bullying and therefore, would not let the matter lie, they wouldn't just ignore this. They'd do something - they'd intervene, confront the guys, even give detentions/suspensions. Bullying is never ok at any age, and just because you're not in elementary school doesn't mean they have a right to bully you and get away with it.

In the meantime though, I would say to try to avoid them as best you can. See if your mum can give you a ride to/from school so you won't have to take the bus, or if your school isn't too far walking distance from your house, consider walking. Maybe there's another bus you could take that lets you off near your house, or at a friend's house - or a city bus or something. There are definitely ways to avoid seeing them. At least then, you won't have to hear what they say...and if they keep doing it when you're not around, bullying you behind your back I mean, well, let them. Like I said, they honestly aren't worth it if they make you feel this way.

My PM box is always open if you need to talk about anything, ok? Hang in there, take care of yourself.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while

Re: going on for too long!!!!! - April 17th 2009, 08:15 PM

Perhaps you could get the bus with one of your friends? They're less likely to say things if you're with someone else. Also, I know you won't have to put up with them for long, you should get it sorted out just in case they decide to take it any further. Teachers should be there to listen to you no matter what age you are, problems big or small they should be there to help. Keep trying until it's sorted out because it's not worth taking a risk and leaving it. Take care.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
liquidchill Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Flannery

Re: going on for too long!!!!! - April 19th 2009, 03:07 AM

I know when people say in these situations that you just need to ignore the person, but it's hard I know that. It is way too hard to just sit back and pretend like they aren't saying crap about you. Therefore, my advice is *try* to ignore them, because obviously they have nothing better to do with their lives. However, if all else fails and you can't, just politely ask them, (with some inplied attitude, hehehehe.) "Can you guys do this on your own time?" or, "Do you have nothing better to do then talk about a little (insert high school year here) like me?" Just be polite, ( we don't want to start anything) but be forceful and let them know that you can't be messed around with any longer. However, like Sarah said, you have to be the bigger person, don't let them get the better of you
xoxo
Flannery

I'm kinda new...but I hear I give good advice, plus I'm a great listener so PM with anything!! I'm all ears...or eyes rather =]

She likes him...he likes her...welcome to heartbreak.

If the truth hurts, and love stinks...then true love must realllly suck.

-xo Flannery
  Send a message via AIM to liquidchill  
Closed Thread