TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jasboy13 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jake

Moobs :( - January 14th 2013, 04:11 AM

I've always been on the chubby side. I have had a soft stomach and a round complexion for as long as I can remember. I never really cared much about my weight. Nobody really mentioned it, and nobody seemed to care. Until now. I started seventh grade this year, and in about the middle of the summer, I noticed that I had put on some weight over the past month or so. *I had, without really noticing, gotten a jiggly belly, my face had gotten rounder, I was sporting a slightly noticeable double-chin. I wasn't particularly bothered by this. I felt fine (just a bit bigger), and nobody else seemed to be noticing, so I didn't change my eating habits and I just sort of forgot about it. It was during the last week of the summer when, again, I noticed a change. This time, my stomach stuck out and was on the verge of hanging over my belt, my face had a lot more fat on it, my double-chin had grown much more defined, but the thing that really bothered me was the moobs that I had somehow developed without noticing at all. They weren't very large moobs, I've seen much bigger, and they weren't too noticeable either, especially when I was wearing a shirt. They were medium sized, and I wasn't too worried. Satisfied I started to walk away from the mirror, still shirtless. I stopped cold in my tracks. When I had taken that one step, my moobs had jiggled ever so slightly. I took another step, this time towards the mirror. They jiggled again. I took 5 steps toward the mirror. This time not only my moobs but my squishy belly also jiggled and it took a few seconds for the jiggling stopped. I was horrified, and I resolved to go on a strict diet. That lasted about until dinner time when I totally ditched my diet. After dinner, I measured and weighed myself' 5'2 and [EDITED] lbs. Ok, that's not so bad. I ate normally for the next week, and I weighed myself again. Still 5'2, but I was now [EDITED] lbs. Whatever, it's not like anyone will notice, right?? Fat chance! On the first day of school, I sensed a difference. People darted me odd looks, and I seemed to be the victim of some snickering. When it was time to change for gym, I found out that my locker was next to the biggest jerk in the 7th grade, Israel. I was in the middle of changing, I was changing my shirt, when Israel suddenly started laughing. When I asked what was so funny, he laughed some more. The second time I asked he said, "You got fat!" "I did not get fat!!" "Yes you totally did! Look at those moobs!!" "I do NOT have moobs!", I exclaimed, throwing up my arms in exasperation. He laughed some more, harder this time, "Now they're jiggling!"
I looked down, and as much as I hate to admit it, he was right. He poked my belly a few times and laughed when it jiggled. A few others joined in, laughing and jiggling my moobs. It was humiliating. During gym class, when we ran laps, my moobs bounced up and down like a girl's breasts, and my stomach jiggled like jello. People pointed and tried to stifle their laughter, but I saw and it stung. After school, Israel and 5 other boys cornered me and refused to leave me alone until I did the truffle shuffle. I did, to their amusement, but they still wouldn't let me go. They held me down and literally stole my shirt right off of my torso. I tried to get it back, but they laughed as they played keep-away with the shirt and watched me jiggle and bounce around in order to get the shirt. I finally got my shirt back, and Israel gave me my new nickname, "Chubbs". It was absolutely mortified, abd now, even the teachers call me Chubbs. What should I do?

Last edited by Tigerlily.; January 14th 2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: No weight numbers please :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tigerlily. Offline
Rawr
I can't get enough

Name: Cheye

Re: Moobs :( - January 14th 2013, 04:32 AM

I just wanted to let you know that I moved this to Peer Pressure and Bullying because I think you'll get better replies here and I feel like it fits better here than in Sex and Puberty. Now to help you with the problem, first of all, what Israel and the others did to you is awful and you didn't deserve it. And as for the teachers even calling you that, that's just plain awful. I think you should go tell the principal so that they can help deal with not only the bullies (assuming you still go to school with them) as well as the teachers because they should never be calling a student something like that. If you are worried about your weight, instead of trying diets by yourself, you should talk to your doctor and see what they suggest, they may refer you to a dietician who can help you do things the right way so you don't fall into an unhealthy "diet".

Resident old person, back from much needed, multiple year hiatus.

HelpLINK Mentor(1/28/11)Live Help Operator(5/28/11)Social Networking Team(2/9/12)Rape and Abuse Forum Moderator(2/11/12)Articles Team(7/17/12)Sex and Puberty Forum Moderator(7/28/12)Fashion and Style Forum Moderator(9/23/12)Chat Mod(10/13/12)Buddy(11/18/12)
  Send a message via MSN to Tigerlily. Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerlily. Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerlily. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pastlyfe96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Moobs :( - January 15th 2013, 10:41 PM

I hate bullys and I think it's seriously a pathetic thing to do but I was bullied through out elementary school but that that's not an excuse to accept it just because it's elementary, I'm now in high school an very one at my school is too busy doing their own thing to we bOther bullying I just advise you to embrace and accept who you are, that's what I did and u have to learn to accept all those things about you, I think by doing this it makes the shots they take at you useless ..and if the bullying is that bad then stand up for yourself and let an adult know..nobody deserves to b bullied and it shouldn't ever happen but just hang in there and keep in mind that your weight I always something u can change

I just thought I'd leave this here-~~

Pastlyfe96-

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Moobs :( - January 18th 2013, 10:00 AM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear people are picking on you for this.
But it's your body, if you don't like it change it, if other's don't like it, ignore it!

That was absolutely repulsive behaviour! And you shouldn't have to deal with that!
YOu're only young, you'll still grow taller so you'll most likely even out.

Don't worry, my ex when I met him was short and, well, round, and now he is really good looking and without exercise. So, don't freak out about this, if you want to firm up a bit, do some mild exercise each day (push ups and situps) or join a sport.

Hope this helps,

Feel free to PM/VM me if you need to

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Cassie999 Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Moobs :( - January 18th 2013, 09:28 PM

Teachers should be grown ups not silly immature bullies their behaviour is so inappropriate. You shouldn't be made fun of. If you don't like your body and you want to change then you need to change your diet and have lot's of excercises, eat healthy and I know it's hard to resist but you got to get through it and you will if you don't give up and be strong. I'll say eat less chocolate on the weekends and in the weekdays eat fruit, yogurt, sandwich and a nuturial gain bar that's all you need and have a healthy dinner for tea time. No take aways are not included. You will slowly lose weight day by day and then you be slim but it will take time. If you are happy the way you are and you got nothing to be ashamed of then you got to talk to your parents about this and the principal you shouldn't be alone in this situration you deserve to have someone that can back you up and see your point of the story. You deserve to be treated with respect not have others insulting you. Talking to a docter about this and they refer you to a dietitian would be better because they have better ideas then mine but that's just my ideas.

Closed Thread