TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

tumblr "bully"? - March 21st 2013, 02:26 PM

Wasn't quite sure where to put it or call it...but this seems best fit?

So...long story short...
There is this female that has a huge thing against me. It started over a year ago and it has not gotten any better. She'll do things like talk crap about me online/on her tumblr...really personal stuff too.
Last year it became a huge issue where I became "friends" with her for a while until she attempted to get me to deliver a suicide message - around that time I tried to ask her to get help and she became upset with my views.
Last year, she had many posts about me, ranging from personal life things to things she dislikes about me...even criticizing my art. She also made long posts about hating how I would handle certain situations - aka I asked our friend not to bring her to my apartment anymore, she wrote a huge post about that.
This year, I have asked her via Facebook to stop writing about me. She acted somewhat "innocent" to the point of saying she did not know what I was talking about and she doesn't post about me on there. Once I asked her to stop posting about me via Tumblr, I stopped talking to her.
As of a few days ago, more personal posts are popping up. Another one was written about her current boyfriend (who was her ex last year) and stuff involving me. There are indirect posts such as the fact that she hates how my avatar on something was a picture of me.

I'm wondering what do I do? I've only responded to her posts...once. All of the other times, I've tried to ignore them. Only thing is...it is hard to ignore it when you know someone is writing terrible things about you. Any advice?

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Little Lion Man
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Katie

Re: tumblr "bully"? - March 21st 2013, 03:14 PM

You can tell the tumblr staff about this user by emailing support@tumblr.com. You can also block her on tumblr, but really all that does is make it so you won't see her posts or something. It's not very helpful and I really wish they would change it. You can also password protect your blog so she can't see your posts. Blocking her on facebook would also be a good idea.
Keep on ignoring her posts. It's not worth the time and effort it takes to get worked up about it. If she dislikes you that much, that is her problem. One day, she'll realize that it's stupid to put that much effort into disliking someone. Until then, stay strong. The best way to get back at this girl is to be happy, because that's the opposite of what she wants.

Sorry I couldn't be there, I was tied to a rocking chair.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
how.we.operate. Offline
~Sing Me To Sleep~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Nikki

Re: tumblr "bully"? - March 21st 2013, 07:08 PM

Thanks,
I tried reporting her on tumblr, but tumblr can't do much - they can't remove any posts etc, but they have said directly contact the person. I have put her on my ignored list as well as blocked her on Facebook.
The sad thing is I don't even interact with her...and she puts these things up online regardless.

Last time, I messaged her privately via Facebook asking her to stop posting about me saying "I'm not okay with that". This time she has made a post waiting for me to send a message.

I agree, I haven't responded, sent her messages, or posted about her because I do not wish to stoop to her level. I am rather tired of it and wishing it would just die down. That and I honestly wish she'd just leave me alone.

Leave the past behind, just walk away
When it's over, and the heart break
And the cracks begin to show

*~*~This little girl was alone in the world~*~*
Hold Onto Hope

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

Re: tumblr "bully"? - March 21st 2013, 08:25 PM

I know it can be hard but the best thing to do is ignore it. If you message her or respond, you'll be giving her what she wants and she'll do it all the more and you'll be giving her more to write about. As I said, I know it's hard to ignore it but that is the best option here, you've blocked her and everything so now just don't bother going on her blog and reading her posts, she'll get bored eventually when she knows she isn't having any effect on you.

Closed Thread