TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Rhyfelwr Offline
There's a war inside of me.
Not a n00b

Name: Svenja is one :)

Question Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 15th 2013, 05:16 PM

Hey everyone.

I'm in sort of a dilemma here. My school is situated in the village where I live. The problem now is that some guys are bullying me on my way home. So my usual timing for coming home is 20 minutes, but now it's a bit less than an hour because I need to walk around the whole dang village to avoid the bullies. Sometimes I don't have any luck and they're right in my way.

They've been doing the usual stuff, throwing you around, taking your bag away, damaging some stuff, sometimes it was pushing in a dustbin, but most of the time other people came by.

My question is; Do you think I can go to the Mayor with this? But I'm not sure if this would be a problem I could address to the Mayor. I mean, I don't know the guys, but if someone would put pictures in front of me, I would be able to recognize them. But other than that, I don't know anything. I don't know if they even live here or live in another village.

Two things before you think about it: 1) My parents won't support me. My dad's in Saudi Arabia, my mom probably doesn't even know I exist most of the time. 2) These guys aren't from school. That's why I'm asking if the Mayor would help, or if there is anything I can do in this tiny village.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

Last edited by Rhyfelwr; April 15th 2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Not clear enough. Sorry!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 15th 2013, 05:32 PM

Hey there,

There are lots of things that you can try to do about bullying, certainly.

If you haven't already, telling your parents and head of year would be a very good start. Your parents will be able to support you, and the head of year should be able to do something about it too.
With the help of your school, various courses of action may or may not be taken (eg. involvement of authorities, etc.) but it should definitely get better if you tell someone about it.

You'll feel better, have support and be able to do something about it.
It shouldn't matter that you don't know who they are too much, either, because it would be relatively easy to find out using various sources once your school is involved.

I do wish you the very best of luck and hope that this can be solved as quickly as possible for you . I'm always around for a chat if you feel like you need one, too .

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Rhyfelwr Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 15th 2013, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the advice, but there are a few problems. Sorry!

First of all: My dad is in Saudi Arabia, and I don't think my mom even knows I exist. So the support from them is already not there.

Second of all: These guys aren't from school. I just met them one day, and then it carried on and on.

I apologize, I probably didn't make it clear enough. But I'll edit it!

But thanks anyways, I really appreciate it.

"Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy - all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 15th 2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyfelwr View Post
Thanks for the advice, but there are a few problems. Sorry!

First of all: My dad is in Saudi Arabia, and I don't think my mom even knows I exist. So the support from them is already not there.
I'm sorry; if I revise it, then - your legal guardian, rather than "parents".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyfelwr View Post
Second of all: These guys aren't from school. I just met them one day, and then it carried on and on.

I apologize, I probably didn't make it clear enough. But I'll edit it!
This was clear - however, your school should still be able to:
  1. Provide moral support
  2. Guide you as to further steps to stop it
  3. Help with authorities, etc. if necessary

...whether they are or are not enrolled in the school.

You should still talk to your school and they will be able to help, albeit not quite as directly or quickly as if they were students too.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 15th 2013, 09:03 PM

Hi there, Svenja

I'm really sorry to hear this has been happening. I've been in your place before, so I know how it feels.

I agree with what Adam said regarding your school's role in this. In situations such as this one, the school's job extends beyond teaching maths and history, as they need to share some of the responsibility for the student's well-being. It doesn't necessarily mean the school itself will intervene, but if you bring this to an authority figure at the school, they will be able to guide you if you choose to take further action.

Regarding taking further action, that could involve contacting authorities outside of the school, and I think it may be advisable in a case such as this one, especially if you feel intimidated or that you're in danger. You mentioned contacting the mayor, and that could be an option depending on the role the mayor plays in your village. I know that if I was faced with a situation such as this one, I would be inclined to call the police, but I suppose it can depend. Maybe if you bring this to someone at school, they may be able to help you with who to contact?

If you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to message me. I really hope you get this sorted out. Take care. c:
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Rhyfelwr Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Is there anything, a n y t h i n g I can do? - April 16th 2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post

This was clear - however, your school should still be able to:
  1. Provide moral support
  2. Guide you as to further steps to stop it
  3. Help with authorities, etc. if necessary
Oh okay, thanks. I didn't know that, but I'll try. Thanks so much!

And thanks Gareth. I will go to the counselor in my school. She's actually really bad (my opinion), but I'll try and get her to help me with contacting someone. I'm not sure if it would make sense to call the police, because I mean, what can they do?

But thanks, both of you. I'll try what you recommended asap in school.

"Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy - all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside."
- Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel

Closed Thread