TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - May 22nd 2013, 02:18 AM

It really bugs me, you need to wear makeup, wear fashionable clothing, you have to have the perfect clothing, the perfect body... It gets me angry, & now one of my BF's is freaking out with exercising,getting the right clothing. She just seems really irritable and gets angry easily, and seems to baby me, I've had: this happen before with a friend not so long ago.She just

UGH, I just hate myself I hate how many friends are trying to get away from me.

ugh, I want to die

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Chuuya Offline
I hate milk.
I can't get enough

Name: Lauren

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - May 22nd 2013, 11:26 PM

Hey there,

As for your question, there are lot of reasons why people bully because of this. Sometimes it's because people want to feel better about themselves, so they go around and bring others down, sometimes it's because people have been taught that way and that's just how they grew up, maybe their siblings did it to them as well, or someone from school to them. There are a lot of different reasons why people do this, but none of them make it right at all. If you know someone that's being bullied because of their appearance, you can try talking to them about it and telling them they don't need all this other stuff to make them feel beautiful, because they're beautiful just the way that they are.

I also want to add that at this age a lot of our friends do start to drift away and get into new things, like wearing different clothes, makeup, and they start to make lifestyle decisions. We all change, sometimes it's gradual and others it's very sudden, but it's normal for this age! It sucks sometimes because friends drift away.

Maybe you should talk to your friend about how she's been feeling and ask her if there's a reason for her getting angry all the time and see what you two can work on to fix the problem between you two. Don't hate yourself for this, you'll get through this. Just talk things through and see where it goes, it's always worth a shot. If you ever want to talk feel free to send me a message. Good luck!

"You'll have to decide for yourself. Walk on your own. Move forward. You've got a strong pair of legs, Rose. You should get up and use them."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adriana.Jennes Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Adriana

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 6th 2013, 03:47 AM

Hey there,

let me tell you something. You don't need to do this. You should never feel pressured into becoming something that you're not. I am sure that you are an incredibly beautiful person both inside and out. Real friends will like you for who you really are, so don't ever feel the need to be something you aren't.

I know it can be hard with all the pressure that society puts on us, but you are strong and you should definitely not hate yourself.

Feel free to message me and we can talk about this if you want.

Are you having a tough day or night? Then do this, place your hand over your heart. Feel that? That's called purpose. You're alive for a reason. Don't give up.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Lelola Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 16th 2013, 10:23 AM

To be honest, people will still bully others even if they have the right body. If it is not the clothes, then it's the body. If it's not the body, then it's how she acts. If she acts normal, then they will invent things to say about her. Bullying is a method for people to feel better about themselves.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
owlcity:) Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jennifer

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 19th 2013, 09:33 PM

People bully because they want to feel better about themselves or peer pressure or lot's of different reasons and if they can't find something about you to bully they'll just make it up. It's really stupid. -_- Everyone's unique and beautiful. Everyone's different. Including me and you and that girl that bullies because she thinks that that's the only way she can be cool or feel better about herself. No one's ugly

<3

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 20th 2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasa View Post
To be honest, people will still bully others even if they have the right body. If it is not the clothes, then it's the body. If it's not the body, then it's how she acts. If she acts normal, then they will invent things to say about her. Bullying is a method for people to feel better about themselves.
This.

Unfortunately, bullies will almost always find something "wrong" or "different" about you which they can make fun of you for. I was just different in general for a few reasons, and I got picked on for it.

Don't let bullies get you down, okay?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
interlukin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Lindsay

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 23rd 2013, 01:45 AM

Honestly, I think people do it because they are insecure about themselves and need to make fun of people or judge them in order to make themselves feel better. My best piece of advice is to ignore what these people think, hold your head up high, and begin to love yourself and your body. Once people see that you don't give a hoot what they think, they might think twice about bullying you. Or, they might even still try to say mean things, but just dont give them the satisfaction, because who cares what other people think! I think it took me way too long to realize this, and I am still working on it, but it has helped me become a better person and helped with my confidence.

To be honest, this happens way too much in high school, and is probably inevitable. By the time you get to college or university, thing are much much better .

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Xurayesu Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ellison

Re: Why do people bully if "you don't have the right body" - June 23rd 2013, 05:27 AM

It's because they don't feel good about themselves and try to bring you to a lower level. It gives them something to look down on like, "at least I'm not the worst". Be proud that you are better than that and don't change yourself into someone you don't want to be, just find ones who are like you.

The tongue has no bones, but is strong enough to break a heart.

Closed Thread