TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

I think I'm being targeted?(Added More. Please read) - April 22nd 2009, 08:56 PM

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this. It's not even that big a deal to be honest, not yet anyway.

For the last few months, little things have been happening at school. Like, I'm being picked on- indirectly. Like, the most recent things were today. There was a phone number written on my desk with ''Call me, Nicola'' written under it, in an obvious ''Haha, let's see if she calls it and makes a fool of herself'' way. Then later today, I opened up my Geography book and there was erm, inappropriate pictures drawn all over it. The thing is, I have no idea who's doing all this stuff. And I know it sounds so little, but it's kinda of getting at me. And it's always someone else who points out these things to be (I'm rather unobservant) and it's kinda of embarrassing when they do. =/

There's some people who always mock me randomly, like comment meanly on my hair or ask mean questions that they already know the answer to. These people are not my friends, they only talk to me when they have something to criticize me about.

I just, I don't know. I just don't know what to do?

Sorry for complaining about something so little. =/

Last edited by noise94; April 25th 2009 at 07:33 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 22nd 2009, 09:28 PM

Its not little at all. to me its a big deal...I know you have know clue who is doing all of this stuff to you but do you think maybe you could talk to the princapal or one of your favorite teachers and maybe they can help you keep an eye out for who everes doing this to you. I know it sucks to tell on people but its wrong what they are doing and I can see that its really bugging you so maybe just try talking to someone about it and maybe you can catch them... Or during your classes yo ucould ask to go to the bathroom and just wait outside and maybe look in the window and see if anyone is by your desk. Just keep keeping a close eye out on people that are by you and maybe youll catch them yourself...I dont know those are the only sugestions I have sorry if there not good.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Eniddd Offline
c'est la vie en fait.
Average Joe

Name: Enid

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 22nd 2009, 09:40 PM

hey
if it bothers you, its not a little thing.
it sounds like the mean crap kids pull, we suck like that.
the best advice i was ever given was to ignore them, if you react you give them exactly what they want, and then they'll continue. don't let them see you hurt basically.
if they comment about your hair, don't touch it or say anything jus be like "meh" or not even answer.
Feel free to PM if you have more trouble
I think what Frankie said about talking to a teacher is a really good idea
hope things get better for you xx

I could hold you in my arms forever,
and it still wouldn't be long enough.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 22nd 2009, 11:23 PM

Hey Nicolalala [did I miss one of the 'la's'? ]

You know, I don't really think whether the problem is 'small' or not matters, 'cause a problem is a problem whichever way you slice it. And, even if the problem is 'small', a lot of small problems left ignored can easily become one large, uncontrollable problem. So either way, it's best to try to tackle that problem while you can, and besides - the sooner you try to fix the problem, the sooner it's out of your hair, right?

Do they have reverse phone number lookup in Ireland, Nicola? Could you try looking up the number if that happens again, if they give you a note saying to call that number, to see if it's fake/real/if you know the person the number is listed to etc? Or give the number to a teacher? [In the States, or at least in my school system, students have to fill out emergency contact cards that include all home phone numbers, cell phone numbers etc. A teacher could consult a card like that if your school has them, to check to see what the number is.]

Next time you find a picture or anything in a textbook of yours, show it to a teacher! Right away. Teachers have ways to find the person who did it...little tips and tricks to catch the person. But you know, even if you aren't sure if the person can or can't be caught, it's worth telling a teacher anyway. You don't deserve this at all, you shouldn't have to just sit back and let them do whatever, you know?

The other way to look at it is, well, you're repeating this year again, right? So the kids in your year will be gone, they won't be able to make fun of you anymore [or at least won't be around you as often]. School year's almost over anyway, so if the problem can't be solved by then, at least you won't have to deal with them anymore after this, yeah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_nicola View Post
These people are not my friends, they only talk to me when they have something to criticize me about.
I quoted this part of your post for a reason, Nicola - you said it yourself, these people are not your friends. They have no right to criticize you or make fun of you or anything. And it's important to remember, they aren't worth it, especially if they make you feel this way.

You know where to find me anytime you'd like to talk about anything. It's been a while since we spoke on msn, hope we can catch up sometime soon! Take good care of yourself. <3

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 25th 2009, 07:25 PM

Thanks guys.

So, I just opened up my Geography book to do my homework, and found another drawing. This time of what is supposedly a naked drawing of a guy in my class, John. John's a guy that gets picked on a lot. John is also the guy who I had a feeling the phone number belonged to. I don't know who's doing this.

I'm tempted to show the drawings to my mom but it's a little embarrassing. =/ And I know she'd go mad if she knew someone was drawing on my books. This book cost about 40 euro.

What should I do?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Eniddd Offline
c'est la vie en fait.
Average Joe

Name: Enid

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 25th 2009, 08:17 PM

Well, she can't be mad at you, it's not your fault. Maybe ask her to write a letter into the school? I mean, isn't it vandalising and therefore a crime?

Oh, and maybe you should talk to John, maybe he knows what's going on, or you could both help each other? xx

I could hold you in my arms forever,
and it still wouldn't be long enough.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
noise94 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 25th 2009, 08:31 PM

I keep thinking about telling but... I don't want to sound like a baby. I mean, I'm 16, being bullied just seems somewhat... pathetic. If you can even call it bullying.

And I don't think I could talk to John. He's deluded himself into thinking most of our year is best friends with him when all they do is bully him. I'd probably get mocked more for even talking to him.

I don't know. I feel like an idiot for even complaining about this.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Vision Offline
Average Joe

Name: Aisling

Re: I think I'm being targeted? - April 25th 2009, 08:57 PM

Hey Nicola,
I'm sad to hear that you're having a bit of a rough time. I definitely think you should show you're Mom. I'm sure she'll know what to do. She'll sort things out. And don't be embarrassed its the people who are drawing the pictures that should be emabarrassed.
And don't feel like an idiot. Its easy for little things to be very irritating. And this isn't even a little thing. Its obviously bothering you.
I'm here for you

Aisling xxx
  Send a message via MSN to Vision  
Closed Thread