TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
EmeraldRarity Offline
The sweetest insanity
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I need help - July 27th 2013, 12:32 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Its for my brother...
Recently a group of kids older than him have been bullying him
and recently they've become psychically tormenting
today,they hit my brother with sticks
they tell him hes stupid,a fag,retarded,that he should go kill himself
and I have,my mom and dad have talked to a few of them
and to my knowledge most of the parents either do nothing when it happens,Praise the child or even join in...
When i tried to talk to one parent they called me
"A nosy ugly bitch." and slammed the door in my face

they've also said to my parents:
My mom is gay and ugly
and my dad belongs in the circus..

I'm at my wits end of dealing with this people and i don't know what to do anymore

I miss the days of innocence,and my flawless wrists,but thats far behind me,ive become your angelofdarkness<3

Bloodshot against the clear blue sky!
Tick tock, I think the well is running dry!
My my!
I can't lie!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline
Dead scared 'cause I'm fearless in the head!
Bang! Bang! 'Cause the needle's in the red!
My my!
I can't lie!
I need a shot again, that sweet adrenaline!
My my!
My sweet adrenaline!

Shinedown-adrenaline
  Send a message via Yahoo to EmeraldRarity Send a message via Skype™ to EmeraldRarity 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I need help - July 27th 2013, 03:27 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear about this. Seeing as the parents of the perpetrators aren't willing to control their children, you need to take further action. If this is occurring at school, you should report it to the principal or the board of management. Otherwise, or if the school refuse to take action, you need to look at going to the police with this.

I hope you can get it sorted out, and I also hope you're brother is alright. Take care of yourselves.

~ Gareth
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I need help - July 27th 2013, 07:09 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry that your entire family are having to deal with these sad people who feel the need to torment others. First of all, I'd agree that you need to take it higher. As Gareth said, some people wont respond to you trying to stop them, but they may respond to authority figures. IF this happens in school, try arranging a meeting about it with a high up teacher. The teacher, if necessary, may invite the parents involved along as well so that you can talk about it all as a group. Of course, this may or may not work. It may stop the bullying happening on school grounds, but if the parents encourage it, teachers don't have a say in what happens outside of school. If the bullies are physically abusive, and call your family names that could be considered a hate thing (although I'm not 100% on the laws regarding that), the police could get involved, especially if the bullying leaves physical marks on your brother. IF you feel it might help, I'd recommend, as said above, trying to sort the problem out that way.

I'm so sorry that this is effecting you as well. I know from personal experience that bullying plays with your head, so if it's worth it, perhaps seek out necessary support to help anyone who needs it. For example, if there is a school counsellor, recommend your brother goes to see the sometime if you think the bullying is taking it's toll on him. Of course, you're a part of this too, so if you feel like you need the support, don't be afraid to reach out to counsellors yourself. Also, make sure you're there for anyone if they need to talk. For example, you could talk to your parents about how you feel, but your brother could talk to you about how he feels. Being there for each other is important as it can stop the feeling of isolation that often comes alongside bullying.

I hope this has helped a bit. IF you need anything else, feel free to shoot me a message or something.
Take care, and I hope the bullying stops soon.
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread