TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
falling_x Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Vicx

Surviving the bullies (my story) - January 12th 2009, 03:40 PM

Sorry didn't realise how long this would be ... also I didn't think it needed a trigger - I've left a lot of it out - if anyone thinks it does or thinks there's too much or whatever, feel free to ... you know!

When I was at school (all 5 of them!) I was constantly bullied.

My first school I got taken out of school and was home-schooled for about a year. Without going into too much detail - I finished my second promary school without too much problem - name calling etc. In my First Secondary school, I was bullied by a girl in my class - I tried to ignore her - that didn't work... told my head of year and it was me who got into trouble.

By this point I had had enough and saught help in a couple of older girls i knew who didn't do anything - just told her to back off and leave me be ... again ... it was me who later got into trouble ... not the older girls and not the bully!! (In all fairness - looking back i think my head of year was picking on me slightly)

Anyway - by this point we had dicided to move anyway, little did i know that it would be a year longer...

we moved, new school new start - new bullies this time in the form of my history teacher who told me that i wouldn't pass my exams, refused to give me any help and was just plain rude! And to top it off - my then bf's best friends started with the name calling! I got fed up with the bullying by now so i thought its about time i do something.

Regarding the history teacher - i got my head down studied and crammed 2years worth of work in about 9 months! I showed her! At the end of the year we were split into next year's classes based on our predicted grades, neddless to say - mine wasn't expected to ne great ... regardless i asked to be put in her class (mad i know) and she refused - after the summer i was in her class - I had got a pretty damn good result ... Ha! I showed her!!

As for the best friends? I just started to join in a wee bit... started laughing with them (even though it still hurt) and strangly (can't remember why now) didn't mention anything to the bf. Eventually they began to back off a bit and although they didn't stop (boredom on their part I think) the name-calling became more of a tease...

I moved school again as my brother was having the same problem as i was with the same teacher ... and although by this point the bullying came in the form of being left out, ignored and conversations stopping once I came along - I found a large group of friends to hang out with and just got on with it.

Being bullied isn't easy - it affects your confidence, etc etc... The best thing I have found is just to get on with your life, find people you like and who like you, (I'll get shot for this but) honestly telling people doesn't help - just show them what you can do ... put a smile on, be happy! Those who bully are unhappy with their own lives, bored and are just trying to make their lives that little bit easier!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
*Kurai-Miko*
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Holly

Re: Surviving the bullies (my story) - January 12th 2009, 04:59 PM

Bullying is something that can make or break you. I'm glad to see that your experiences have made you a stronger person. Rising above the crap that people throw at you is often times so difficult that people don't even bother to.

I have to say though, not telling an adult or someone you trust, is not always a good idea. Each experience is different, and it is horrible and unfortunate that the people you expected to help you out, let you down. In my experience telling people helped me out - it just depends on your situation.

Keep strong, you story is an inspiriation to those who need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you can overcome anything if you try hard enough. =]

I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating.
In the pain, there is healing.
In your name, I find meaning.
So I'm holdin' on ...
I'm barely holdin' on to you.
-- Broken: Lifehouse --
  Send a message via MSN to Forgotten--Simplicity  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Surviving the bullies (my story) - January 13th 2009, 08:23 PM

Hi there!

I'm really glad you posted this for us. Having to deal with bullies is always tough, and it's great you've been able to sort things out with those around you - especially with your history teacher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling_x View Post
The best thing I have found is just to get on with your life, find people you like and who like you, (I'll get shot for this but) honestly telling people doesn't help - just show them what you can do ... put a smile on, be happy! Those who bully are unhappy with their own lives, bored and are just trying to make their lives that little bit easier!
Honestly, that's so true. When you're being bullied, the important thing to remember is that you can't let yourself be victimized, and you can't let the bullies walk all over you. You have to stand up for yourself and move on with your life. Although, sometimes telling people when you're being bullied IS the right move - a lot depends on the situation. While keeping quiet may be most effective in some cases, there are times when telling an adult in your life is the best thing to do.

Anyway. Thanks again for sharing this with us. Take care of yourself!

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Surviving the bullies (my story) - January 16th 2009, 09:50 AM

I have been bullied for 6 years and still am being bullied, like you whenever i told i got into trouble for telling, threatend with suspension, threatend to have my bus pass taken away for my school bus. the school only really did something when the head girl and another sixth former stepped in and helped out. but it didnt stop nothing stops the bullies.

Closed Thread