TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 22nd 2013, 10:14 PM

Hello!

My Best friend is getting bullied again. I don't know why, she is one of the sweetest & nicest persons I know. Her brother walked her to each class last year because it got so bad(her brother is in collage now). It is getting really bad again. Yesterday she got a question wrong when they we're playing a review game, & the people on her team told her they we're going to lose because of her. She then heard her name & people started laughing. In study hall someone put a broken stool were she sat. She lucky didn't fall off. Today someone said she sucked.People are constantly bullying her now but it was so sudden.

To make it worse her parents are bugging her about her weight.

My ex-friend who special ed, supposedly told people that she was mean to her.

She is reallly depressed & told me she was having suicidal thoughts.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 22nd 2013, 10:56 PM

Hey Hun,
Have you thought about telling a teacher, it could help. Most schools have a zero tollorence for bullying. I know if it was my friend, and that was going on and she was suicidal because of it, I wouldn't hold in what I knew and I would tell someone who would help. Most bullies bully to make themselves feel better, and because it gets a rise out of whoever they are bullying, try to tell her it will be okay, and they will stop eventually, you just can't let it bother you, if they see that it is, and know that it is bugging you they will continue as long as it gets a rise out of her.

She might not want you to tell someone, but you should anyways, she might be mad at first but she will thank you later.
Other than that, all you can do is stand up for her, and be there for her. Make sure she is okay if something happens, and that she has a friend.
It's never easy, but it will be okay.
-Kayla.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Adalia Rose Offline
Average Joe

Name: Adalia Rose

Re: Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 23rd 2013, 01:13 AM

You should try directing your friend to this site. Her suicidal thoughts area red flag. Does she self harm? If she does encourage her to try some of the alternatives in the self harm forum here. They are quite lovely. I used them when my ex was suicidal and they helped her and I currently use them now. Stay strong, both of you <3

- Adalia

"Ghosts don't scare me. Flesh and blood people do." ~ Ellen Hopkins

(#4 (permalink)) Old
YoungK9 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 24th 2013, 04:58 PM

She was getting bullied last year too, but nothing really happened . Her brother walked her to class, & the class she was getting bullied in the teacher would occasionally ask how its going. Beside that nothing happened, & now her brother isn't in the same school anymore.

As for the SH, no she doesn't SH at all.Though, she now thinks she is ugly, & fat. I have told her she isn't, that she beautiful just the way she is. Unfortunately she doesn't think that. She pretty much hates her self, has no self-esteem, & feel worthless.

Home's a little better for her, but her parents are always wanting her to lose weight, & be at healthier weight.

I know she is still depressed, but for being suicidal, I am not sure. She doesn't tell me when she is, she tells me after the thoughts pass.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 24th 2013, 06:20 PM

I still think you should tell someone what's going on, tell them how she is feeling, so they can help her, or get someone to help her.
Right now she isn't doing so well with no one there like an adult helping, and I think it might be best that you tell someone now, before things get worse for her, and she does start hurting herself, or worse.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: Why do people constantly bully my friend? - November 26th 2013, 07:40 PM

Unfortunately these things do happen & it doesn't get any easier with age. The person getting bullied needs to not care what others say. For instance name calling is something you need to learn to deal with, people often react to your reactions. If you care what someone says odds are they'll keep talking regardless what its about. It's hard to hear nasty-things people say. The best thing to do is get a thick skin and get it through too your soul to not care about these random comments! These people she's dealing with day to day clearly have their own set of challenges which is why they get off on talking shit to people like your friend.

As far as I'm concerned if anyone physically harms you or your friend you should talk with the police. Believe it or not Police can issue legitimate warnings and place the people in question under arrest if they pose a threat. Odviously that sounds extreme but do whatever it takes. I'd also suggest you speak with the vice principle about the issues.

When you mentioned suicide I instantly feel sick. I've lost a good friend back in school because he's ex-girlfriend bullied him over some drama he took his own life. Looking back he had his whole life to live ahead of him. I'm sure if he was on earth today he'd look back and not even care about her, Life goes on! Remember everyone has their own cross to bare, its up to the individual to keep their head held high.

I pitty bullies, their lacking in some way or another. Its hard to say exactly but people may be raised around negative people which naturally rubs off on them, so whose to blame? If you take anything away from this post I want you to remember this, honestly don't care what people say "burn" that into your mind. As soon as those people start talking just say "I don't care" & walk away. its that easy. If your in class, again leave grow a pare and change any situation so that you sleep better at night. The worst feeling is the feeling of being stuck, that's why I say don't be scared if their are bullies in your class and their giving you a hard time. Walk out and tell the office that your unable to study because some ass hats are giving you a hard time. If it was me I wouldn't even bother with the teacher, their a hit or miss the office will deal with business odds are the bullies have a track record for bad behaviour anyway the office will side with you.

Don't be the kind of person that finds ways to fail, there will always be an obstetrical, find ways around problems have no fear. The only thing to fear is fear its self, turn that fear into fire deal with it crash course on life its not easy believe it or not it gets harder, if not it wouldn't be interesting.

Take control of your environment if you don't like something change it, crying about an issue will never fix it regardless of what the problem may be. Moving forward I wish you and your friend the very best. You clearly have her back good for you two, strong friendships are the key to happiness (IMO)

-Ryan

Last edited by Ryan1; November 26th 2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Added a sentence / fixed spelling

Closed Thread