TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Keright23 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Advice/help needed ASAP! - February 3rd 2014, 03:32 AM

I just found out my little sister(15) is being bullied at school. She hasn't told me everything that has happened but says that she will tomorrow. She doesn't want me to tell my mom or the schools principal because the last time that anything like this happened they didn't help at all, but she doesn't want to go to school anymore and would rather do online. How do I help her with this without telling my mom or anyone else? Or would it be better to tell them? I really don't know what to do and I don't want my sister to continue having to go to school and be bullied everyday.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
An Inspiration
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: Advice/help needed ASAP! - February 3rd 2014, 05:27 AM

Hey there Keright23,

Sorry to hear that your little sister is getting bullied at school. It's good that she's going to tell you exactly what happened and what went on. However, you cannot promise her secrecy. If you don't end up telling someone that your little sister is being bullied at school, there's a likely chance that she'll keep all this bottled up, and if knock on wood, she does something reckless to the point where she can't stand being bullied no longer, it's going to be on your conscious since you knew about it, but you didn't do anything about it except keep it a secret (not that I'm trying to imply that you don't want to help your little sister). Although, you don't necessarily need to inform your mom or the school's principal.

Have you ever thought of seeking help from a professional in regards to your little sister? Is there a school psychologist at her school? If there is, I recommend that you get in touch with the school psychologist and inform him/her what has happened with your little sister. If that's out of the question, see if you can talk to your little sister's counselor at school about this. I'm sure that he/she can promise secrecy, but if your little sister does something that's going to harm her well-being, be well-aware that they have to report it. Otherwise, if they don't, they'll lose their job. If everything I mentioned above is not really an option for you right now to help your little sister, I suggest calling a hotline. More importantly though, have your little sister talk to someone over a hotline phone number. Here is the link to the hotlines on this website:

http://www.teenhelp.org/hotlines/

Reassure your little sister that everything is going to be okay, and that whatever she is going through right now is only temporary; it's not going to be like this forever. I wish you all the best that all this goes well for you.

All the best from your friendly guy,
Mark

Who I am is the possibility of kindness, compassion, and perseverance in all beings, and what I have to give up to be that possibility is my fear of looking bad, and that is who I am!
  Send a message via Skype™ to CrusadingAvenger 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Advice/help needed ASAP! - February 3rd 2014, 10:23 PM

As mark has said above. You need to talk to someone about your sister. Wait until tomorrow when she tells you everything, and talk to her, but I really think it is in the best interest that you tell someone. There are so many things people can do to get help with bullying. Most schools have a zero tolerance. They need to do something, and if she really doesn't want to go back to that school there are other schools out there. I wouldn't suggest online school right away.

I've moved around a lot, and new schools can suck, but sometimes they are great for when you want a fresh start, and want to get away from people like that. I'm not sure if they have more than one school where you live, but its something to look into.

If you do not talk to someone about your sister, the chances of something worse happening is there. She could get hurt worse. I think talking to your mom is a good start.

I hope this helped.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Dark-Innocence Offline
Dark-Innocence
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Yoyo

Re: Advice/help needed ASAP! - February 3rd 2014, 10:29 PM

You should tell the principal no matter what if they do nothing keep telling them and bothering them till they do some think, trust me it works really good. Good Luck! ^-^

Closed Thread