TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CyborgZecora Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 5th 2014, 02:17 AM

I am in an advanced 5th grade class, and all of the girls exclude me from just about everything. I am a tomboy, and tend to hang out with the guys who are all really nice to me. According to my mom and dad I am more mature than the girls and I am doing nothing wrong to the girls in my class and they are excluding me for no good reason. I don't care what they think of me, it's just that I get bored at recess and there is nothing to do. These girls are in a little 'clique', and all they do is talk and gossip, which I find the most boring thing in the whole entire universe. I like roleplaying games, (not dungeons and dragons, and if you want a more childish sounding term, playing pretend.) and so one day they start playing this game which sounds cool and I say 'Hey, can I join this game? And they say "Uh, no, sorry we have to many people okay bye.' and then later I see them playing with an extra person. What's going on and what can I do?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Free Hugs Anyone? :)
Average Joe

Name: RayRay

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 5th 2014, 03:44 AM

Dang . Well, you could try finding out why they don't want you to play with them. I think it depends on how bad you want to play or how bad you want to join them. You could just ignore them too so...
I don't know if that helped. But I sometimes find myself in that situation a lot and all I do was ignore them and do my own thing.
Good luck with it anyway.

"Feel the fear and do it anyway."

"How are you going to save the world?"

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 6th 2014, 07:05 PM

These girls seem like the type to just stick to there friends, and no one else. You could always hang out with the guys, or make friends with other girls. They do not have to be in your class, or even in your grade.
Most of my friends we're older than me, sometimes younger, and not even in the same class as me.

Ignore those girls, and make other friends, they aren't worth your time, and effort if they just continue to be like that.
Good luck.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 6th 2014, 07:13 PM

You are doing nothing wrong at all. These girls sound like they only stick with each other and don't want anyone else joining in. I think you should try and hang out and play with the boys or find other girls to hang out with. The kids I hung out with were mostly younger than me. So they don't have to be in your class or your grade even.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Its.Just.Angie Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Angie

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 6th 2014, 11:44 PM

Sorry girly! it absolutly SUCKS to be excluded from a group of people. Trust me you aren't doing anything wrong! They are the ones doing things wrong not you. I would say hang with other people or friends... Cause girls can be mean and rude.. And those are the ones you wanna stay away from.. When it comes into middle school and stuff.. So make other friends they don't have to be in you class or anything.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Music4lyfe Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alana

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 7th 2014, 06:36 PM

You remind me A LOT of how I used to be Like... That's exactly how I was. So you have earned yourself a free hug! :'D *Hug*
Anyways, speaking from personal experience, screw them. You'll have awesome friends one day. As for getting bored, try reading or drawing or something that only needs one person After all, it WILL get you ahead in school, and who will be the one laughing when you actually get your dream job?
I promise you, it hurts now but it really does get easier

"Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone." - Andy Biersack.
There's only a thin line separating dreams from reality

RIP Mitch Lucker <3

(#7 (permalink)) Old
weaved1 Offline
fruit loop
Average Joe

Name: --

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 9th 2014, 07:44 PM

No point wanting to join a group that doesn't want you in it. You can confront them and ask why won't they let you in. I suggest going to the library and reading/sketching/using the computer or hanging around with the boys who are nice to you. All goes down to who was there and never left you from the start, think of someone.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 11th 2014, 11:12 PM

There's no point in trying to be friends with them if they don't want to be friends with you. Maybe there are other girls you can be friends with, like other girls your guy friends are friends with in turn, or girls you meet at extracurricular activities or around your school.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ihea Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hayden

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 16th 2014, 12:42 AM

I had the exact same thing happen to me for years. I'm sorry because I have no good advice for you, but if you ever need to talk to me about it please feel free to send me a message. It's not you, I promise. They're snobs and you probably don't even want to be friends with them anyway, although I know that's not a very comforting thing to say. I'm sorry.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Paint Offline
ετεɾṉαl ɾεṡτ
Average Joe

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 16th 2014, 05:09 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you. They sound very cliquey. It isn't fair to you and I know that you might not want to do it, but I think it's time you start making new friends. I promise you that in the long run, what these girls do to you won't matter. Show them that you're a lot more mature than they think you are and simply walk away.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 17th 2014, 06:35 PM

If you were like them they'd "include" you more naturally. But you're not. And pls don't try to be like them. They're all probably trying to be like each other... and you'll avoid a lot of shit and hassle in the future by staying away from those insecure types. Although on the other hand, you can't avoid such people forever. Learn to deal with them, somehow.

If I were to guess, I'd say that they exclude you because they're threatened. But that's a vague guess. Personally I never cared enough to think about it too deeply myself.

In conclusion... go find other friends with whom you mix a bit better.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
CyborgZecora Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Smile Re: PLEASE ANSWER AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE - March 19th 2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Lygophobia.♥. View Post
These girls seem like the type to just stick to there friends, and no one else. You could always hang out with the guys, or make friends with other girls. They do not have to be in your class, or even in your grade.
Most of my friends we're older than me, sometimes younger, and not even in the same class as me.

Ignore those girls, and make other friends, they aren't worth your time, and effort if they just continue to be like that.
Good luck.
Recently I have found another girl in my class who shares my opinions and net another girl in a different class (same likes, etc.) so I think things are going well. Thanks for the support!

Closed Thread