TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Flower6.4 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation please help me - March 17th 2014, 07:52 PM

I don't know what to do my friend is constantly being mean to me and I don't know if it's all in my head it really upsets me and I'm afraid to tell any one. what should I do?

Yesterday she read my really privit note that I literally begged her not to read and she read it anyway when I was cleaning up our project.

Then at lunch she threatend me saying if I didn't eat a sweet, and I'm on lent, she'd show everyone my glasses and she ran round the school showing everyone them. she pinned me to a wall making me promise I wouldn't cry!

She then made this huge deal about how descusting my food project looked and as soon as we were alone she started having a huge go at me for not giving her any making me cry. and as soon as my other friends showed up she pretended that I fell over. then this morning when we were sitting in the canteen she tipped all her crumbs over my head purposely I didn't say anything but i was really upset.

What should I do I'm scared if I tell my friends they won't believe me and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a joke but i dont see how that's possible so please help me!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
stelles Offline
stelles
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Estelle/Stelles

Re: please help me - March 17th 2014, 10:15 PM

I think the best thing to do is talk to this girl about it. It sounds like she's treating you really badly. You might want to consider ending your friendship with her if this is what you get from it.

You should tell your other friends, they will probably be understanding and want to help.

Be yourself, because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  Send a message via Skype™ to stelles 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: please help me - March 18th 2014, 01:08 AM

I agree with Stelles, I know it might be hard for you to do but it may be good for you to chat to the girl and ask her why she's treating you the way she is. No real friend would ever treat you like that. Whatever her issue, whatever her reason, you don't deserve to be treated the way you are by her and you mustn't let her continue to do it because that's primarily bullying however way she might think it isn't.

If you feel uncomfortable with chatting to the girl directly, if you have a favourite teacher or a bully co-ordinator at your school, consider talking to them, or even give them a hypothetical situation if it makes you feel more comfortable. Explain to them that you (or pretend you're talking about a friend) are having trouble with your friend who isn't being very nice to you, explain to them all the details that you've said here and explain that you don't know how to go about the situation or how to make it stop.

I know you've said you have other friends, but is there one in particular that you're close to? If there is, then you may want to see if you can confide in them and explain a bit about your situation so that they can keep an eye out or even hang around you more often than usual and see what happens, even see if they can hang around at a distance so the girl doesn't necessarily know your friend is there, and she can witness what this girl is really doing to you.

Don't go through this alone, don't keep it inside, remember to always tell someone.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: please help me - March 18th 2014, 11:05 PM

I agree. You should talk to her, she does not seem like she is being your friend at all. That is not how a friend treats another friend.
If she doesn't stop after you talk to her, tell your friends, if they choose her over you, then are they worth it? Id find better friends.

Closed Thread