TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Kalina Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Friends are Mad at me :( - March 19th 2014, 07:08 AM

Hey everyone, this is kind of a long story so I'll try to be brief. Basically two years ago I was bullied and was fortunate enough to find some great friends who I really got on well with. But now, it just seems like every time I find some good friends, I get ripped away from them. My friends and I have different priorities. I'm in year 12 and so the HSC is my priority. I do hang out with my friends a lot but when exams are nearing I don't hang out with them as much and they're getting angry with me for it. Some days I'll be studying and they get upset. And today, one of my friends snapped at me for no reason at all and so I didn't hang out with them all day at school because I didn't think I was welcome. Now I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with me which would be the reason why I can't keep any friends...I'm not sure what I should do...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Friends are Mad at me :( - March 19th 2014, 10:46 PM

I do not see anything wrong with what you are doing.
I think all you need to do is talk to your friends, let them know that grades are important to you, and that you want to be able to hang out with them, and be able to take some time away to yourself to study too.

High school is tough, make time for those you love, friends, and school. Take those free times you have in school to be around your friends, and when your home you can always study more.

Just let your friends know how you feel, I am sure they will understand.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Friends are Mad at me :( - March 31st 2014, 04:56 PM

Hi there,

I would suggest sitting down and talking to your friends about it, that way both of you will know what your both thinking and how you feel about the situation. As Kayla said, when you have free time in school spend it with your friends and do the majority of your work and studying at home.

I hope this helps, I'm here if you want to talk.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
maer995 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Maria

Re: Friends are Mad at me :( - April 1st 2014, 10:01 PM

definitely invite them over for the afternoon and let them know how you feel, without blaming them for cutting you out cos I think that might upset them. tell them you can still do stuff together like you can go to the library together or something.. they are your friends they want the best for you and I'm sure they will understand maybe your friend snapped at you cos they're stressed as well? don't think you're the only one under pressure maybe ask them how they are coping you might find they are not doing that much better than you!
message me if you need anything else xxx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
d-_-b Offline
Watcher-in-Training
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: David

Re: Friends are Mad at me :( - April 5th 2014, 02:14 AM

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with you. If don't respect that school is important to you and they get mad because you are studying and doing homework like you're supposed to, then they are the ones with a problem. Maybe you should try to find friend who value school as much as you do because then they will undoubtedly understand if you are studying rather than hanging out.

Hope this helps!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to d-_-b 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Usernames Suck Offline
Average Joe

Re: Friends are Mad at me :( - April 6th 2014, 08:50 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with focusing on your studies, people simply have different priorities and maybe that's something your friends don't understand. I recommend talking to them, either in group, or speaking privately with at least the friend you trust most to understand. Explain how you feel. Be calm and reasonable and try to understand what they may tell you as well especially if they're disrespectful. Hopefully they'll end up understanding your side of things, especially if it comes from some kind of misunderstanding.

In general, it doesn't necessarily mean you're doing something wrong. Sometimes you just need to get your friends to understand or if it's simply a matter of being incompatible, finding friends who understand you better.

It's also worth analysing the way you act and getting a friend you trust to discuss it with you, if there's something that you do that is hurtful or upsetting (like certain remarks or talking behind their backs) then it might be worth changing.

Closed Thread