TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iamaturtle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kira

My friend pressured me into doing something - March 24th 2014, 06:04 PM

In the 5th grade, my friend and I were messaging and she found out what it meant to send nudes and post dirty things online. I don't really remember how she asked or started this, but for a few months, everyday after school and sometimes over the weekend she'd pressure me into sending her nudes (she never did anything with them other than maybe keep them but I'm pretty sure she got rid of them). I felt guilty, and tried to tell her no but she was my best friend and she wouldn't leave me alone. One day, my parents found out when they heard my phone go off (I wasn't in the room) and they read our messages. When they were done going through my phone, they yelled at me for it, making me feel even more guilty than I already was. They told my friend over the phone to leave me alone (we're still friends and my parents are okay with that but they won't let us hang out and her parents never found out about this). It's been almost 3 years since this has happened and I still feel extremely guilty and unhappy with myself. The guilt has left me depressed (there's other reasons for the depression but my friend does not know this is part of the depression) and I now am afraid that it either might happen again with my friend or with a male friend of mine and my self confidence is really low. I don't know what to do about it and I hate talking to my parents or my friend about it. Help, please?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - March 25th 2014, 02:08 AM

Your parents did like any normal parents would do at the child's age of 10. They did what they thought was right. I am sure they had there reasons, and I am sure it was just because of how young you were, and the dangers of doing things like that.
Don't be guilty or scared because you think it might happen again. You are older now, and people grow and they mature. I am sure it wont happen again with your friends, and if it does just say no. You have every right to say no to anything you don't want to do for any reason.

Lots of people have low self esteem. Its alright. You just need to learn that you are beautiful in your own body, and that you are perfect the way you are.

I hope this helped. You are beautiful the way you are. You always have the right to say no.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - March 25th 2014, 03:19 AM

Just stay strong and stand your ground. The guilt will fade with time but just make sure not to do it again until you are of legal age and feel comfortable with it. Here in the US people can get into trouble for that now. Mistakes happen, it's how we learn and you are still growing and learning.

When I was 15 I sent a pic to my now ex and his mom got mad at me and sent it to my mom. I know how it feels to an extent, that's how I know the guilt will fade. Just give it time, it's honestly nothing to be ashamed of. I believe most of us make that mistake in this day and age. Always remember, you are a beautiful young lady and your self-worth is more than that.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
iamaturtle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - March 25th 2014, 03:02 PM

Alright, thank you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - March 28th 2014, 12:55 AM

Look kid...can I call you kid? I mean, I call everyone kid, but...yeah. xD
Look, the thing is, we as human beings do stupid things. A lot. I'm pretty sure that 95% of my life is me screwing up with stuff. the other 5% is the lesson learned from screwing up.
I do stupid things. You're gonna do stupid things, especially now that you're a teenager.
Yeah, yeah, I sound like a parent. You're probably all, "LOL THANKS MOM! (not)" But seriously, it wasn't too long ago that I was in the exact same spot as you -- beating myself up for one of the biggest mistakes of my childhood. In fact, it was similar to your mistake.
But the plain truth is, that mistake didn't touch me one bit. And it's not gonna mess you up either. Just forgive and forget, and move ON!! If those pictures were gonna come back to haunt/hurt you, they would've already. I promise.
Good luck.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#6 (permalink)) Old
iamaturtle Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - April 2nd 2014, 08:30 PM

You can call me by my name or kid, doesn't really matter. But thank you anyways.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
d-_-b Offline
Watcher-in-Training
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: David

Re: My friend pressured me into doing something - April 5th 2014, 02:07 AM

Kira, any friend who pressures you (or tries to) into doing something, doesn't deserve to be your friend. So if anyone else tries to pressure you, don't even give them the time of day.

Hope this helps!!!
  Send a message via Skype™ to d-_-b 
Closed Thread