TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

I never realized... - May 2nd 2009, 07:34 PM

I never really realized the extent I was bullied until, well, after I moved away. My freshman year of high school this sophomore boy and his friends made fun of me all the time. I was in his math class, one of only like, four freshmen in the entire class. Our teacher was pretty obvlivous, taught nothing, and was probably high. He used to throw stuff at my head, or say cruel things, generally making fun of me. His best friend was on my bus, and had the kid over a lot so his best friend started saying "you fat lard come get some dinner" because I guess my name is similar to the one in the movie (never seen it) and every day they did stuff like that. He would poke holes in the top of my water bottle. Eventually him and his friends broke my locker and messed with my books so they'd fall out when I opened it...in between EVERY class.
This went on for two years, including sexual harrasment as well. I never did anything because I LIKED him, a lot...I didn't see it as bullying.
But now that I'm gone, I realize how much it fucked me up...I can't trust guys, I take things so personally, if I hear any of the things they said all the time I have to hold back tears, I think I'm incredibly fat...but according to everyone else I'm not, I saw the kid when I visited my friends and I started shaking uncontrollably and almost burst out sobbing
Him and his friends were also part of the reason I started cutting freshman year, but I blamed it on other stuff at the time.

I don't think I'll ever recover from this...it's been coming back full force recently, almost like flashbacks..

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
WillB Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I never realized... - May 4th 2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfPunk View Post
I never really realized the extent I was bullied until, well, after I moved away. My freshman year of high school this sophomore boy and his friends made fun of me all the time. I was in his math class, one of only like, four freshmen in the entire class. Our teacher was pretty obvlivous, taught nothing, and was probably high. He used to throw stuff at my head, or say cruel things, generally making fun of me. His best friend was on my bus, and had the kid over a lot so his best friend started saying "you fat lard come get some dinner" because I guess my name is similar to the one in the movie (never seen it) and every day they did stuff like that. He would poke holes in the top of my water bottle. Eventually him and his friends broke my locker and messed with my books so they'd fall out when I opened it...in between EVERY class.
This went on for two years, including sexual harrasment as well. I never did anything because I LIKED him, a lot...I didn't see it as bullying.
But now that I'm gone, I realize how much it fucked me up...I can't trust guys, I take things so personally, if I hear any of the things they said all the time I have to hold back tears, I think I'm incredibly fat...but according to everyone else I'm not, I saw the kid when I visited my friends and I started shaking uncontrollably and almost burst out sobbing
Him and his friends were also part of the reason I started cutting freshman year, but I blamed it on other stuff at the time.

I don't think I'll ever recover from this...it's been coming back full force recently, almost like flashbacks..
I am having trouble understanding why you liked the guy in the first place.

If they still do it to you. Call the police. That would have been the first thing I did if i saw my locker broken in to.

Bullying is a crime. It is assault if physical. You may even be able to get a restraining order. If you can still do that, that might give you a better piece of mind.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: I never realized... - May 4th 2009, 11:49 PM

well, I moved so I don't see them...when I do its when I'm visiting my friends and they don't say anything...but I still start shaking. And I didn't fully realize that what they were doing was more than simple joking around when I liked him...he would be so nice alone, at the beginning.
I'm just so messed up from it

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheKnight Offline
TheKnight
Average Joe

Name: Daniel

Re: I never realized... - May 16th 2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfPunk View Post

The best thing you can do is not to give up hope. Try to find friends who understand and people who are nice and are good for you to be around. Stay away from this kid and don't think about him anymore. I guarantee that if you focus on changing so that what he does isn't as big to you anymore, you'll be much happier and confident.

I swear never to be silent whenever wherever human beings are enduring suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must at that moment become the center of the universe.

-Elie Wiesel

Jewish Resources:
AskMoses
JLaw
JewFaq
Aish
CHaBaD
AskNoah
CounterMissionary Lecture Series
Anti-Missionary Handbook
The Real Messiah
Kabbalah