TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mr_Awesome Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John Smith

Wht do I do? - September 29th 2014, 07:53 PM

Well, this is my 2nd time being bullied in Highschool. I just don't know want to do. The 1st time they commented on the way I walked, looked, etc. and I ignored them because I didn't want to give them the satisfaction of my response. Now, more recently someone is at it again. It started in Chem class. There are multiple classes around the one lab room. The door to his classroom is open, and they are VERY loud. Students come in and out, and I don't mind. WE just want the door to close.I look at this plump guy, and wait patiently until he comes out of the door, so I could close it when he leaves. He doesn't come through. Then he says "What the fuck are you looking at, did u fucking lose something?" I was in such shock I didn't even respond. I did nothing to him and he used vulgar language towards me. Cut to today. Today, was Movie Monday at my school, I didn't come with a costume, and wanted to wear my friends Dolphin suit type thing for a while. He opens the door just a crack and says "your a dolphin cause your gayy."

What angers me is that I don't even know him. AT ALL. So in order for me to keep my cool, I ignore him. Will he stop? If not wht should I do. He upsets me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Wht do I do? - September 29th 2014, 08:14 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time in school. I can definitely relate to what you have said here and it's normal to be in shock when someone speaks to you like that; their behavior is inappropriate. I can understand your anger because of the fact that you don't know this person. However, at least you now know that you aren't interested in befriending a person who treats others unkindly. If ignoring these remarks works for you, I don't see a problem with continuing to ignore them. However, I think you may benefit if you speak to a teacher or guidance counselor about how your classmates are acting towards you. I think you should also mention that you self-harm.

There's know way for us to know whether or not he will improve or stop his negative actions towards you, but his behavior may improve if you speak to someone at your school about it.

It's important to keep yourself distracted when you feel the need to hurt yourself. And, remember, each urge will pass eventually even if it seems otherwise during that time. The more urges that pass, the less often and intense they will be in the future. Here is a list of alternatives for you to take a look at. There are a lot on here, and some should work for you. In addition to finding alternatives that work for you, it may help if you keep a blog or journal so you can healthily release your feelings.

Take care.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Mr_Awesome Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: John Smith

Re: Wht do I do? - September 29th 2014, 08:53 PM

I apologize for the mis-direction. I don't have the problem of cutting myself. I meant "Cut to today" as a transition between yesterday, and today. Although, thoughts like self-harm, or suicide do cross my mind every so often.But I haven't done such things. I appreciate your advice. Also, as for the bullying, wht should I do to prepare myself for the future?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Wht do I do? - September 29th 2014, 09:51 PM

Don't worry about that! I wasn't sure which of the two you meant, but I figured it could never hurt to talk about self-harm just to be safe. I am glad that you have never engaged in self-harm though.

Well, for the future, I think it may help if you note that not everyone will treat you unfairly, and, despite your past negative experiences, I hope that you will still put yourself out there. Try not to let other people get in the way of what you want to do in life. I honestly believe students will act better as you get older because with age comes more responsibility and preparation for the future. I know that sometimes I benefit from saying, "This is so and so, this is how they act and I'm not going to let them get to me." Reinforcing that sort of thing, whether out loud or in your head may benefit you.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread