TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
courtney123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation pressured to do something i dont wanna do - October 7th 2014, 12:15 PM

I hate being pressured to do something that I don't want to do.

HELP ME I DON'T WANNA DO HALF THE THINGS I DO

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: pressured to do something i dont wanna do - October 7th 2014, 08:04 PM

Honestly, I think it takes a lot of practice, but one thing to do is start practicing being more assertive. I think that when people start to notice that you are easily pressured to do things that you don't want to, they are more likely to pressure you since they think they can get away with it, whereas if they see someone is standing up for themselves and being assertive, they're less likely to pressure them because they can't get away with it.

Start out by practicing saying "No." Depending on what it is you are being pressured to do, you can say that you have a lot of other things to worry about, so you can't do this activity, you need time for yourself, or that you just don't feel comfortable with doing that activity right now. Say you will help someone or do something with someone later when you have less on your plate.

If they're trying to guilt trip you, tell yourself this: If someone really was respectful to you, they wouldn't feel the need to guilt trip you and make you feel bad in the first place!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Every note makes up a symphony
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Kat

Re: pressured to do something i dont wanna do - October 7th 2014, 08:30 PM

It really comes through experience. I have trouble saying "no" to people because I always want to make people like me and be happy. However, as you get older, you will experience betrayal, people taking advantage of you etc because you're so nice.

You'll see that people who demand things out of you without respect for your beliefs are not worth having around. They're not worth impressing because they're not respecting you.

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness"-Chinese Proverb

Piano, Flute, Bassoon, Acoustic Guitar, Cello, Electric Guitar

LiveHelp Operator August 13th, 2012 General Forum ModeratorDecember 22, 2012 Videos Officer March 19th 2013

Closed Thread