TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
WhyAmIHere Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry Someone spreading rumors - December 23rd 2014, 11:37 PM

I've been ignoring this for months thinking, what do I care about them anyway? But this time just the time when I wake up, my anxiety attacked me and I started to think of those rude people who even bother to destroy me. I don't even know where to start. um.. So here it goes,

I have this guy bestfriend when I was in 6th grade who suddenly liked me. He admitted it to me by writing his crush in his ahmd and showed it to me. I'm so young, I don't even know what to say. I was just thinking, "whoah whoah there buddy, why me?". I just smiled at him and I think I kinda changed the topic. I kind of forgot, it was 2 years ago. So yeah, that's it, when we graduated in elementary, some of our classmates transferred to another school including him. I stayed in my school but then got depressed for things hapenning around me and how I wish i was kind of still in elementary since I think high school kind of sucked. You kindof need to care about your reputation and these "popular" people are now there and labeling the nerds, and things and you need to be aware and concilus of everything. Like ugh, why is the society even like this? So yeah, I was depressed and dcided to also transfer to the school where most of my former classmates belong, like I said, including my guy bestfriend. I thought everything would be okay afterwards I transfer, especially with this bestfriend I'm talking about but I guess it didn't quite. He started spreading rumors about how he liked me in 6th grade and something like that. I don't know what really he is saying but what I do know is that most of the boys don't like me and my good friend told me that the boys are saying mean things to me but of course, she didn't state what those harsh words are. She said she didn't want to hurt my feelings. I wonder how these people believe him when they don't even know a damn TRUE single thing about me. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK HAS THIS SOCIETY GONE INTO?

But at least the good thing is, I'm not the depressed person I was thanks to my friends who are always there for me in my new school. Sorry for the bad words by the way. xx
That guy is a damn backstabber. I don't even know how I even get along with him sometime. You can think he's very nice and funny that you can't even say that he did that. Omg I'm gonna cry. Why is he even doing these things to me? Yes I kind of friendzoned him but. i just don't know what to say! I just want to destroy our friendship!

Last edited by Hypothesis.; December 24th 2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Removing triggering prefix. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Someone spreading rumors - December 24th 2014, 12:21 AM

Do you think that you can possibly talk to him and ask him why he is doing this to you, and politely ask him to stop? Maybe you will be able to hear his side of things on why he is spreading these rumors while also politely expressing your feelings.

That being said though, if you want to destroy the friendship, perhaps you can cut ties with him? You don't have to be mean or rude about it. You can just say that due to the recent events between you two you don't feel as if you should carry out this friendship, and then cut ties with him.

You are right that it does suck that people are believing what he says, but remember that anyone who is a true friend wouldn't dislike you or believe you based on what other people are saying. You'll find people who won't do this to you. Perhaps you can join clubs and social groups to meet new people in your school who will be glad to get to know you based on your interests, rather than rumors?

Eventually all of this will die down though and something or someone else will come and take the spotlight.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Someone spreading rumors - December 24th 2014, 03:20 AM

I definitely agree with what Dez has said. Anyone who is a true friend of yours will see through the rumors and stick by you. Anyone who doesn't isn't, and you don't need people like that in your life in my opinion. If you're unhappy in your friendship with this guy then I think it's time to take a few steps back and do what's right for you. Whether or not you decide to explain why you no longer want to be friends with this person is completely up to you.

And, like it was said above, another rumor will come along and you'll no longer be the brunt of it. Reach out to someone you trust if you need to and remember to take care of yourself.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread