TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Being attacked over the internet. - February 18th 2015, 11:32 PM

Hey guys i have had a very nasty experience today. I came up stairs while on Skype to my friend Jacob and Bailey. I picked my laptop up and was about to come on teenhelp to do some staff duties. My phone started making a notification sound in my pocket I go and have a look to see whats happening as anyone would. It's a Skype notfication I open it and this Will guy you lives some where in England rather far away but he's friends with jack on Skype. I don't think they are proper good friends or anything but they just talk on Skype they don't know each other in real life I believe they met on online game called league of legends if anyone has heard of it. Back to the part where I was opening my Skype message I looked at it and that will guy has a very very old picture off me from my Facebook. I believe the picture was taking when I was 14 most probably 15. Im 18 now so it's a long time ago. he had it as his Skype profile picture and sent me a message saying. Hey baby I'm horny for u. I was not to bothered by it because i look nothing like I do in the picture anyway as it's so old. He put posted a link in the Skype group chat as we were all in the same chat group together. Some girl from my school commented on that exact picture back in 2012. He went on her profile picture her current one and posted on it DIE on his Facebook account. The girl replied saying what? I cant remember what he said because his comments has been removed now. But he mentioned by name only my first name. She replied saying who's Justin? She does know who I am but as he used only my first she knows more then one Justin. He said something else and she replied saying I'm confused lol. It's finished as of now but he's still using my photo on his Skype account. What I'm worried about is that he could make a fake Facebook account with my name on it and use that picture and troll loads of people from my school. That would be really bad because i have loads of friends who i don't talk to anymore or see in real life as i moved away but that would ruin me inside. i don't know what to do because I'm worried it's going to get worse and i can't be dealing with shit like this as i have enough stuff going on in my life as it is. What should i do?

This is a chance for him to destroy me. Not saying that he's going to do that but its possible and wouldn't surprise me if I'm honest I just pray it doesn't get any worse.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shane

Re: Being attacked over the internet. - February 19th 2015, 04:56 AM

Hey, what I've gathered from what you've said is that this guy hasn't created a fake Facebook account in your name yet, if he does then the best thing to do is to report the account for impersonation (or something along those lines, Facebook has a few options to pick regarding why you're reporting the account so pick the most relevant one). I'm not quite sure about how long it'll take for Facebook to jump into action because I've never had to report someone for something like this but I also suggest to ask others to report the account as well (what I think is that the more people who report the account then the more concerning it is for Facebook, again I'm unsure due to lack of experience with this).

Also, would it be possible to have a word with him and ask him as to why he's using an old picture of yours? Honestly, I feel that it'd be rather odd to see someone you do not know using your picture and I'd bring that up with them and tell them not to use it because it isn't their picture in the first place.

I hope you get this sorted out!

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Being attacked over the internet. - February 20th 2015, 01:45 PM

Hi there,
This sounds like a difficult and worrying situation for you. As Sara said, if this person does make an account and try to impersonate you, then make sure to report this as soon as possible.

You could also try and contact the person and see if they realise that you aren't happy with them using your picture, because it isn't them and therefore shouldn't be used. If you don't feel comfortable talking to this person again yourself, you could tell your friend Jack what has happened and ask Jack to talk to the person for you.

I hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you need to talk.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Being attacked over the internet. - February 20th 2015, 10:18 PM

I agree with what has been said in that you should confront this person and make them aware that you're uncomfortable with them using your picture. Maybe you can politely ask that they use another picture instead. If things worsen and they do not change their picture, I suggest reporting them so it can be dealt with appropriately.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Can you hear the silence?
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Being attacked over the internet. - February 21st 2015, 09:53 PM

Hello everyone.
He decided to stop using my profile picture the other day. I believe he got tired of it. I just hope he doesn't post anymore stuff about me on Facebook anymore.

Thanks for the help guys. Take care of yourselfs ~Justin~

(#6 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Being attacked over the internet. - February 24th 2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringmethehorizon♥ View Post
Hello everyone.
He decided to stop using my profile picture the other day. I believe he got tired of it. I just hope he doesn't post anymore stuff about me on Facebook anymore.

Thanks for the help guys. Take care of yourselfs ~Justin~
Hi Justin,

It's good to hear that it has been sorted and I hope that he doesn't post anything else about you.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

Closed Thread