TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
*alex* Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: alex

my life - May 9th 2009, 12:28 AM

well im alex(i wish i was not) um ive ben builled cince lik 3rd grade.
now im sotrta becoming 1.addicted to a mmorpg(if i say this will start a mmo war...)2. becoming a bully(sorta like calling ppl stupid).
but now im being builled and fought back by calling them baka(supid)
and they said be4 that they were gonna kill me in my sleep
AND GOT AWAY WITH OUT A WARNING.
idk she saying she dident do it but i was right next to her.
now i might losse my pc,tv,ds,desserts.for like ...till im 50(thats what my dad said)...idk this person very well. idk what do to anymore and its hard cuz ill also miss my school trips.oh and in all this im the 1 in the deep shet.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
EightEleven91 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Dan

Re: my life - May 9th 2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *alex* View Post
well im alex(i wish i was not) um ive ben builled cince lik 3rd grade.
now im sotrta becoming 1.addicted to a mmorpg(if i say this will start a mmo war...)2. becoming a bully(sorta like calling ppl stupid).
but now im being builled and fought back by calling them baka(supid)
and they said be4 that they were gonna kill me in my sleep
AND GOT AWAY WITH OUT A WARNING.
idk she saying she dident do it but i was right next to her.
now i might losse my pc,tv,ds,desserts.for like ...till im 50(thats what my dad said)...idk this person very well. idk what do to anymore and its hard cuz ill also miss my school trips.oh and in all this im the 1 in the deep shet.
Sorry to hear about the bullying...
Also, I hear those MMORPG's can get addictive, havent tried them myself.. I dont fancy getting addicted!
You shouldnt feel the need to bully others because you were being bullied, although this is common so dont think its just you. Alot of bullied people start bullying as it makes them feel good about themselves but just try and remember the people you are hurting

Also, they wont kill you in your sleep, its something a very nasty bully would say but dont worry, it just wont happen! There is no way they'd do it so dont worry! Bullies are always full of threats and never actually do anything..what we call all talk no action

Also, dont tell your dad this, keep it between us ok.... You wont lose your things until your 50!! But..if you carry on becoming a bully you will

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MeggieMoo1995 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Megan

Re: my life - May 9th 2009, 11:39 AM

Hey Alex,
First of all, welcome too TeenHelp! My name's Megan. I'm going to try and help you, but I'm still kind of new to the giving advice thing, so if I screw up, I'm really sorry. There's a lot of nice people here though that would love to help you and could probably do a better job than me, so again, if I say something I shouldn't have, I'm very sorry.

I know what it's like to be bullied, and it's not a lot of fun. I realize that girls bullying is a lot different than boys bullying since boys tend to be more physical, whereas girls tend to be more social and emotional. Both types hurt though. Maybe when these people are bullying you, and you feel the urge to fight back you could think about how much their bullying hurt you. Because it will probably end up hurting them eventually too.
As for them talking about killing you in your sleep, that right there is very mean and hurtful. I'd say it's an empty threat (they don't mean to go through with it, but say it just to scare you), but it's still a threat anyways.
Have you told anyone you know personnally about being bullied? Because if you haven't, I really think you should before this gets too out of hand. The effects bullying can have on the victims even after it stops, can be devastating. Plus, it would feel a whole lot better to know there's people who are on your side and who are always going to be there for you through this.
I don't think your dad meant what he said about taking away all of your stuff either.
As for being addicted to MMORPGs, those can be really addicting. Do you play any sports or have any friends who are active and like to go outside? If you do, maybe you could get together with some of them and find something to do other than go on the computer?

Going back to the bullying issue... Most of all though, you need to stand up to yourself when these people bully you. Not fight back and call them stupid, not ignore them, but tell them to stop, then walk away. Most of the time it stops right there.

Be strong, Alex. I know this is hard, but things will get better, I promise. And if this gets out of hand, you really should tell someone, whether it be a parent, teacher or a trusted adult, it doesn't matter. Don't let this get you down. That's just what the bullies are looking for, and by holding your head up high, you're not giving them the satisfaction they want. And remember, you don't deserve to be bullied. No one does.

Take care Alex, and feel free to PM me anytime!

Megan

Closed Thread