TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DemonHunter Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
DemonHunter's Avatar
 
Age: 22

Posts: 5
Join Date: April 10th 2015

Feel like I'm being used.... - April 10th 2015, 09:59 PM

I feel like I'm being used by my ag program. I've won state titles and since then, naturally people have asked for my help, which I've given. I've had people line up until 10 at night for my opinion on their animals and advice. I gladly do it. But for some reason whenever I am in need of something, everyone kind of avoids me.

I stayed up last night at our county fair until ten fitting 60 lambs and 40 goats after cleaning and washing 30 pigs the day before and I spent so much time on everyone else's animal, mine bloated up at the last minute and finished fourth in it's class. I'm not upset about how I placed at all, but I'm a bit upset that when the grand and reserve animals went to take pictures, everyone in the chapter exept me got to be in the picture, I had to stay behind the back drop and hold it down so the wind wouldn't catch it.

Thens the prom difficulty. Our prom is in a month, I had a dress picked out and everything and was told I'd have a spot in the Limo for prom. After I fit everyone's sheep and was working on goats when my friend who's parents actualy rented the limo came and told me I would have to find someone else for prom because she didn't want me in her limo anymore. When asked why she said "Because our friendship revolved around lambs. Now that showing is over, we don't need each other anymore." I had to return my prom dress and can't go anymore.

The teachers are the same way. They know I can prepare animals just as well as they can, so they have me fit every animal in the chapter. If I don't I get in some serious trouble. They don't enjoy the fact that I've done so well by myself because it makes them look bad that I can succseede by my self, so they try to keep me from succeeding as much as they can and keep me hidden. It is senior year, so I only have two more months of dealing with them, but I'm mostly upset over prom.

95% of my friends were going to prom in that limo, all of them flat out told me they were using me for their own benefit. The other 5% are underclassmen who can't go to prom anyway. I know I shouldn't shut down and shove everyone out of my life so I don't get used anymore, but I need some advice on how not to keep those kinds of 'friends' again to avoid more heartbreak.
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
cynefin's Avatar
 
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 9,843
Blog Entries: 1496
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: Feel like I'm being used.... - April 11th 2015, 02:48 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp!

I'm really sorry to hear that people in your life have been using you. That's unacceptable behavior. As for future friendships, I think all you can do is keep an eye out for signs that you're being used. You know the signs since you've already experienced it, so just stay on the lookout for them. And, if someone does start using you, talk to the person about it or end the friendship. You deserve to be treated respectfully.


Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind
   
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DemonHunter Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
DemonHunter's Avatar
 
Age: 22

Posts: 5
Join Date: April 10th 2015

Re: Feel like I'm being used.... - April 11th 2015, 05:19 AM

Thanks, and thanks for your support. I just don't know what to do for prom. My BF says he'll try to take me fishing the next day, but he has to play his guitar for the talent team in his chapter and can't go to prom with me. He feels terrible that I don't get to go at all now so his dad (who is a game warden and has the power to do so) is going to section off a small part of a small lake for us to fish in. Just us. It's kind of nice, but I'll never get my senior prom back.
   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
coolkid98's Avatar
 
Name: Jenny
Gender: Female

Posts: 1,689
Join Date: April 14th 2013

Re: Feel like I'm being used.... - April 12th 2015, 11:51 AM

Hi there, welcome to TeenHelp! I'm sorry to hear that you have used by your friends and that you feel that you can't now go to prom. I hope you get to go fishing and that enjoy it.
As Cassie said, learn from your experiences and watch out for signs that your friends are using you and either confront them about it or find some new friends.






I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ellasain Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
ellasain's Avatar
 
Age: 39

Posts: 10
Join Date: April 18th 2015

Re: Feel like I'm being used.... - April 20th 2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHunter View Post
I feel like I'm being used by my ag program. I've won state titles and since then, naturally people have asked for my help, which I've given. I've had people line up until 10 at night for my opinion on their animals and advice. I gladly do it. But for some reason whenever I am in need of something, everyone kind of avoids me.

I stayed up last night at our county fair until ten fitting 60 lambs and 40 goats after cleaning and washing 30 pigs the day before and I spent so much time on everyone else's animal, mine bloated up at the last minute and finished fourth in it's class. I'm not upset about how I placed at all, but I'm a bit upset that when the grand and reserve animals went to take pictures, everyone in the chapter exept me got to be in the picture, I had to stay behind the back drop and hold it down so the wind wouldn't catch it.

Thens the prom difficulty. Our prom is in a month, I had a dress picked out and everything and was told I'd have a spot in the Limo for prom. After I fit everyone's sheep and was working on goats when my friend who's parents actualy rented the limo came and told me I would have to find someone else for prom because she didn't want me in her limo anymore. When asked why she said "Because our friendship revolved around lambs. Now that showing is over, we don't need each other anymore." I had to return my prom dress and can't go anymore.

The teachers are the same way. They know I can prepare animals just as well as they can, so they have me fit every animal in the chapter. If I don't I get in some serious trouble. They don't enjoy the fact that I've done so well by myself because it makes them look bad that I can succseede by my self, so they try to keep me from succeeding as much as they can and keep me hidden. It is senior year, so I only have two more months of dealing with them, but I'm mostly upset over prom.

95% of my friends were going to prom in that limo, all of them flat out told me they were using me for their own benefit. The other 5% are underclassmen who can't go to prom anyway. I know I shouldn't shut down and shove everyone out of my life so I don't get used anymore, but I need some advice on how not to keep those kinds of 'friends' again to avoid more heartbreak.
hello,we have the same experienced by friendship. my advise to you is if somebody used you, just let them go, they are not the real friend or people around us, and we they don't deserve us . just smile. don't waste your time for that kind of people. there is a lot of friends there that we can deserve to us better and they have a good heart ...
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
advice, fair weather friends, feel, ffa, goats, lambs, show

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.