TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
batman_slave Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Misunderstood

Post Bullies - May 3rd 2015, 10:33 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I had a best friend. Key word had. She decided to talk crap behind my back and my mom told me to cut her off... so I did. Later on Her and my other old best friend started saying stuff like they were gonna kill me. I told them to jump me instead because being jumped is better than having someone kill you. part of me believed they were actually gonna kill me. I went to the principles and showed them the texts. I told them that they make me wanna self harm again and all he said was,''Oh you self harmed before? when? was it recently?'' I replied with a no of course because If I told him I do it sometimes over stuff he would tell my mom and I'd get sent to rehab... Later that day I got called up to the office. He told me that I was Getting a citation ( like a referal and it goes on your record in 8th grade) because I didn't just block them... Everyday I sit in the lunch room and they sit at the same table just different side and I hear them talking about me. I blocked them on everything but, one of them lives like across the street. Walking out of my house scares me. I have the urge to cut every day because of them...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Dan11 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Bullies - May 3rd 2015, 10:22 PM

I've been through something like this too. Two of my best friends ditched me before. One because he didn't like that I became a Christian and he has been saying horrible stuff behind my back ever Since. I ignore it though because I realised that I had so much more worth than these guys said I had. That's horrible that your principal did this Don't be paranoid they won't kill you. Stay with a group of people that are kind of there is any there. You have so much worth and sound kinda like me Don't cut,please! I'll do anything to help you not to. Please PM me anytime if you ever wanna talk or feel alone because I'm here for you!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Bullies - May 4th 2015, 12:46 AM

Hey,

The principal's reaction to your self-harm is normal; a lot of administrators from school react in that way. They want to help you, and they also have to help themselves because self-harm shouldn't be taken lightly and there have been a lot of legal issues with schools and self-harm. If you were truthful I don't think they'd send you to rehab. In my experience, they just notified my parents and took a look at my injuries to see if I needed medical attention and I think they'd probably do the same for you. If you'd like information on that, maybe you can talk to someone at school so you can learn about the school's policies.

Like it was already said, I disagree with the way your principal treated you. Bullying can be really hard to deal with and unfortunately, a lot of people in schools don't react accordingly. I was bullied throughout school and no one ever did anything so I started homeschooling instead. You shouldn't have gotten a citation because you did absolutely nothing wrong. Is there anyone else you can talk to about what you're going through? Maybe your parents or your school counselor? You can't do this alone and you shouldn't keep your feelings inside. If you don't want to talk to someone, try and find other ways to express your feelings. Here's a list of self-harm alternatives that you may benefit from.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Doctor's Companion
I've been here a while

Name: Michaela

Re: Bullies - May 6th 2015, 10:16 AM

I'm sorry you are going through this. I have been through something very similar before when I was at school. Your Principle's reaction was normal. What the bullies are doing is wrong especially when they were once your best friends. I am here if you need to talk, don't hesitate to PM if you need anything You can get through this.
  Send a message via MSN to Raggedy Man, Goodnight!  
Closed Thread