TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Peer Pressure and Bullying (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/)
-   -   Female Advice Preferred: Bullied By My Brothers? (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f20-peer-pressure-bullying/t139741-bullied-my-brothers/)

Fleetfoot July 24th 2015 05:14 PM

Bullied By My Brothers?

I have two older brothers that are really mean to me. They call me a stranger, slut, prostitute, whore, even though I have never had a boyfriend before. They call me fat and ugly too. Their friend showed them a video of a My Little Pony character named Pinkie Pie killing her friends and then they showed me the video. They know I love My Little Pony now I'm scared of my My Little Pony Pinkie Pie doll that my friend gave me for Christmas. They also ruined Hello Kitty and this show called Wild Kratts about animals that I love to watch. Why are my brothers doing this to me. We were once in California visiting our cousins. It was near Halloween and on the tv it was showing a marathon of the killer doll Chucky and my brothers made me watch it even though they know I'm scared of Chucky. They punch me and leave bruises on me. I told a few friends about what they do to me and they support me. My mom has seen what they do to me and she tells them to stop but when she goes back down stairs my brothers send me pictures of Chucky. I don't know what to do anymore. I've told my friends and both my parents but they don't stop. I'm going to be in middle school next year and both of them are in high school so I can get away from them for at least 3 years. But what do I do.?

ThisWillDestroyYou July 24th 2015 07:28 PM

Re: Bullied By My Brothers?

Hey Fleetfoot, I'm not a female, but I think the best thing you can do is ignore it. A lot of times people continue to bully because they find the reactions of their target to be funny. If you are responding in a manner that would illicit emotional submissiveness, they'll likely continue. Even if you try to retort, and retaliate against them, it could just lead to more attacks. I think the best thing is maybe try ignoring it. Physical altercations are a little different, maybe someone else can comment with experience on it, but that's all I got for now. =/ I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

Fleetfoot July 24th 2015 07:51 PM

I've tried ignoring my brothers but I can't since we live under the same roof. When I start ignoring them they just continue doing the same thing. They say I suck at singing but when I tried out for choir I got in choir even though they say I suck at singing. HOW THE BUCK WOULD I BE IN CHOIR IF I "SUCK" AT SINGING! Sorry that I yelled I just want them to stop. I'm so scared. When ever I'm on this site and one of comes into the room I'm in I get off this site so they don't see what I'm doing and saying. Please help any one can give me advice please.

ThisWillDestroyYou July 25th 2015 12:11 AM

As far as the physical abuse goes, I know you mentioned your mom is aware, but have you seriously sat down and addressed this issue with her and shown her the bruises? By abusing you in a physical manner he is breaking the law, you can call the police. It might be a good wake up call for him. =/

hocus pocus July 25th 2015 12:56 AM

Hi there,

Go up to your User CP (top left of the page by your username) and click on it. Click "edit options" and scroll down until you see something about a panic button. You can enter any webpage in there, and then turn it on. The button will appear on the top right corner and you can click on that when anyone enters the room. :)

I'm glad you've talked to your mom and your friends about it even though your brothers have continued their behavior. It takes strength to talk about this and it's healthy to talk about it too. Continue to get your feelings out, whether that's by blogging/journaling or talking to someone you trust. You mentioned that your brothers send you pictures of things to scare you. They send it through text, I'm guessing? Perhaps you can block them or even look into getting a new number so they are unable to contact you. If they're sending things through social media, I'm sure you can block them there too.

I think you'd benefit from creating a safe place. Do you have a place in your house that you can call your own? Maybe it's a corner of your bedroom or your bedroom as a whole. Put positive things in there, as well as anything that makes you feel comfortable. I hope you're at least able to go into your bedroom to get away from your brothers because you need a place of your own.

Like it's been said above, I think you need to have a serious talk with your mom. Maybe you can sit down with her and talk to her about what your brothers are doing and how it makes you feel. Maybe you can suggest things that she can do to help make things easier on you. You can even record things your brothers do and show that to your mom if you want.

Fleetfoot July 25th 2015 01:48 AM

Ok I regret what I said about my brothers. My older brother something happened to him. I'm so scared. I wanted them to stop but I didn't want anything to happen to them. Please help.

jamdoughnut July 25th 2015 03:31 AM

Hey, im so sorry this is happening to you...

Im sure that whatever happened was not your fault, and that he is going to be ok. I know that you still love your brother, even if he has hurt you. Im sure hes going to be just fine.

And I know exactly how you feel, i have an abusive older brother too, and i know how hurtful they can be. I know that But whatever you do, dont give in. Dont let them crush you, i know your stronger than that. Dont let thier words get to you, and dont you dare believe those lies that they tell you. Your not a slut, your not a whore, your not ugly or fat or any of that, and im sure your a great singer. You cant let them overpower you. I know i did, and i regret it deeply.

Im here to help, and so are so many of us on th. Pm or vm me any time you need to or any time they make you feel horrible. You dont have to be scared, and you dont have to feel alone. Im here for you, ok? :)

MarieB July 31st 2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleetfoot (Post 1197026)
Ok I regret what I said about my brothers. My older brother something happened to him. I'm so scared. I wanted them to stop but I didn't want anything to happen to them. Please help.

Hey, I was in a somewhat similar situation at your age, and I want you to know that it's not your fault. You haven't said what happened, but it's not your fault. Please believe that. Please keep standing up for yourself, too. YOU are important. If they are behaving in this manner towards you, you need to keep protecting yourself. You are a wonderful, compassionate human being and you deserve to be protected from this.

Palmolive August 1st 2015 08:36 PM

Hi there.

I am really sorry that you are going through this. Know none of it is your ault and you don't deserve it, nor have you caused any of what is happening, okay?

I am really glad to hear you've spoken to people about it, even though it hasn't stopped your brother's behaviour. Did talking about it help at all? I would suggest continuing to talk about it to people because often when something is going on for is, sharing the problem can release some emotion so it can be helpful! But I would also suggest talking to your parents again or even a teacher or another trusted adult about what is going on in order to try and to get it to stop. I know going through this isn't nice and you don't deserve it in the slightest. If things get too bad, reach for urgent help. I know this can be scary but your safety comes first in this okay?

You don't have to suffer alone and even if that means sometimes just coming here for a rant if it helps, then that's okay too. We're here to listen and to give you the best advice we can and that's what we will do. You don't have to be alone in this.

Take good care of yourself and I hope things get better for you,
Jessie

Fleetfoot August 2nd 2015 09:43 PM

They took our turtle away from me when I had him and my mom saw them. She said to leave him with me but they don't respect her either. They get their behavior from my dad. He does and calls my mom the something my brothers do and say to me.