TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MacyCat Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Online Harassment - September 3rd 2015, 04:22 AM

I had a friend not too long ago ONLINE that I had known for two years. We were very close, but argued a lot and took many breaks from each other. One day both of us had had enough, so we seperated for good. I thought I would never have to go back to her again, because the arguing was stressful and I wanted to be done, but I was afraid to leave her because of the things she would tell my friends. I thought she would turn them against me. She tried to come back and be friends with me again, but I resisted, because I was clearly done with the drama. It took a lot of messages to get her to realize this, but in the end she didn't want to accept it and started insulting me, saying my art was terrible and I was an immature, depressed kid. It did hurt, and this was recent, but my pain grew into hatred after I figured out that she'd told her friends about me.

On Instagram a few days later, two of her friends started harassing me and posting comments on every single post of mine, continuously telling me to "shove a pole up my pussy". It feels stubborn of me to say this, but I really want to reply to them and tell them to stop, but I know it'll only feed into their power. I knew they were doing this because of my old friend. The only explanation was that she has told these harassers about me and most likely told them to do this. It got really stressful deleting and reporting all their comments from every picture, 1 through 180. I was appalled by the detail they went into on some of the comments. I just... Don't know how to react besides deleting their comments. I'm nervous to tell an adult, so I signed up here to get advice. I would appreciate it greatly...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Awakening Offline
L’amore vince sempre
Average Joe

Re: Online Harassment - September 3rd 2015, 04:35 AM

Hey there,

I am really sorry that you are having to experience this. Bullying is such a hard thing to deal with, and with the addition of social media to our lives it makes it so much harder to escape it. But since it is not a rare occurrence, most websites have ways of helping you to prevent it.

I would really recommend blocking the people who are bullying you from visiting or commenting on your profile. Here are some instructions on how to block users on Instagram. That same page also includes information on how to make your pictures private so that only approved members can view them and/or comment on them. This would prevent anyone from creating another account in order to continue harassing you. If you know these girls names I would also recommend blocking them on any other social media accounts you might have.

In this case, I don't think messaging them is going to do you any good. You've done nothing to personally offend them or to warrant the bullying, they are simply doing this for their own entertainment and therefore I don't think there is much you can do to reason with them. Responding to their messages would more than likely just add fuel to the fire and cause them to bully you more frequently. The best thing you can do is try your best to avoid the situation completely by not allowing them to further contact you.

If all else fails and these girls continue to find a way to harass you, the best thing to do might be to take a break from social media for a while. Give the friends you talk to through social media another way to contact you, and just stay away for a little while. Bullies thrive on getting a negative reaction from the person they are bullying. Knowing that you see their messages and that they more than likely hurt you gives them reason to continue sending them. If you aren't online for a while they are going to end up losing interest.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to message me if you need to further talk things through. Take care!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fleetfoot Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Online Harassment - September 12th 2015, 06:30 AM

Hey. I have some online friends too but we weren't harassing each other people from the site I meet them were the ones harassing us. They hated my friends they didn't hate me though but they did when I defended my friends. Some of my friends were dating and stupid idiots were trying to break them up. This one girl who wanted this guy that was like my brother was going to pretend to be him and say hurtful things to his girlfriend as him and she said to me and my friends about her plan so we cussed her the fuck out. This other girl who was like my sister was being harassed alot. People would come and put their username as "**** is a slut", "**** is ugly", or "**** is a whore". So me the quiet one of the group said that my friend wasn't that but they were. I barely cuss in the group but because of those people I just burst by saying "GO SUCK YOUR DAD'S **** IN THE GRAVEYARD BEFORE I GO ALL NEBRASKA ON YOUR ASS!" I would just lose it. I was tried of people coming in to our group and saying shit about us. Sometimes they even pretended to be a person who was threatening to kill one of our friends and that they knew where we all live but when I said where do I live the person didn't want to say it. Sometimes we would even turn against each other but then we get back to together. I know what you're going through. I think the best thing to do is to stop following her and her friends on Instagram so you don't have them posting. Keep me updated about what happens.

Closed Thread