TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Name: Meera

Unhappy Don't know what This Is - January 7th 2016, 05:06 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hello,

There is this guy who comments on my photos saying I look hot and then he started sending me PM/DM (on instagram) telling me to send pictures (inappropriate ones) obviously I did not. He got really annoyed and called me some very rude names. He then started sending me inappropriate pictures of himself. He demanded that he wants me to have oral sex. I have tried blocking him but its not letting me.

Its making me think of the past with cyber bulllying.

Love from Meera x x

Be Strong, Have Faith, Have Courage xx

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Current Medicines - Fluoxetine

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

Last edited by random.swirls; January 7th 2016 at 10:09 PM. Reason: typing error

(#2 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 7th 2016, 08:12 PM

Sorry to hear that. If you have his real name... you could probably report it to authorities and do something about it that way. These are not some random verbal comments which no one can prove. This is genuine, legit harassment, and you have proof of it in text messages.

If that's how you choose to respond though, do it quietly. Don't warn him first or give him "ultimatums". I don't want to sound like a wise-ass, but from my experiences, and judging by his behaviour so far... I just don't think that would work on him at all. And if you want to talk it through with close friends/relatives, then also be careful. Sometimes, these kinds of assholes can be closer to you than you think. Only share what is going on with people you truly trust.

So, get advice from police. He sounds like the kind of person which they might already have a record of.

Failing that... you can try reporting it to some TV/investigative reporters who interest themselves with this kind of stuff. I've seen them track people like him down on the internet, then blow their entire life up to pieces on TV or social media. Fight fire with fire.

Failing that... change your number, and lock down your security settings on facebook and whatever other social media you use. Don't respond to his messages, and don't try to reason with him, or appeal to his "good side" by telling him that he's being hurtful to you (I only say this because that's what some people do). He won't care. Or in fact, he will. He will like it, and do more of it. So, please... don't do it.

P.S. it's a good idea to keep certain information about yourself private online. If this is some completely random stranger on the internet who managed to get your private phone number... then sorry to say, but you've done something wrong there. He shouldn't have been able to do that.

I get it that people want to share pictures... but if strangers can start finding your phone number, place of work, address, etc... that can be dangerous.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 7th 2016, 09:57 PM

Thank you for the advice. I'll definetly go to the police and report him. No he doesn't have my phone number(I only give it to my two closet friends and my family. What I meant was pm/dm.

Current Mental Health - Sever depression, SAD,Self harm, Suicide thoughts, anxiety attacks and voices in my head.

Feel free to PM me anytime , I love getting PM's and I love supporting people as it distracts me from my horrible thoughts.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 8th 2016, 08:59 AM

That's good then. I didn't really have a full picture of the problem, so made some assumptions. If it were his phone number though, it'd be easier for police to find him.

But otherwise, if you have his real name it still should be possible. Let me know how it progresses.

Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 8th 2016, 07:22 PM

I don't really have any advice to add to the advice you've been given, but keep us updated if you're comfortable with doing so. Know that I'm here if you ever need to talk about anything.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 10th 2016, 10:45 PM

don't respond to his messages

(#7 (permalink)) Old
random.swirls Offline
Average Joe

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 19th 2016, 09:09 PM

An update I have given the information to the police and they are trying to find out who the person is which is proving rather difficult.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 20th 2016, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by random.swirls View Post
An update I have given the information to the police and they are trying to find out who the person is which is proving rather difficult.
Just to cheer you up... there was someone else who had a problem of being harassed like you are. So she sent the guy a picture of a loading screen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ng-screen.html

It is self-evident how stupid these people are. Personally though, I wouldn't send it in your place. I don't think police would appreciate it, as it may look like you're encouraging him in some way.

Let their police do their thing for now. These things usually take time. Sometimes it can even take years. You did your part by going to the police. In the meantime, it's strategically a better idea if you don't block him, and save his messages, times they were sent, etc. Save it all, hand it over as evidence.

Although if you find it too disturbing perhaps and prefer to get rid of it, it's a personal choice.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Everly

Re: Don't know what This Is - January 23rd 2016, 12:30 AM

It'd be a good idea to set your IG account to private so that only people who are already following you can see what you post. Doing that will prevent this kind of incident from happening again.

Closed Thread