TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Angry 😡Don't Know What This Was - March 12th 2016, 05:24 AM

Okay so I don't know if was a prank call or bullying but I got like 4 calls from unknown numbers. One person called 3 times and another called 1 time. I answered the first one because I'm an idiot and the person was a boy. He sounded like he was my age but that wasn't the problem. He kept saying that he was going to fuck my mom and me up. Now before you get any ideas I only gave my number to people I know like my friends and Ed. I trust them all that they didn't give my number to strangers. But the person kept saying he was going to fuck my mom and me. The thing is I think this was meant for someone else because he kept saying Hector. I also heard laughing. I eventually hanged up. But then he started to text me calling me a nigger, bitch, and faggot. I finally lost it like when people were saying crap about my friends on that I meet on Kids Chat. I've haven't said those things in a long time since I lost contact with my friends. When I said I was a girl he acted all sorry saying that he wanted to date me. Like wtf. You're calling me shit and saying crap about my mom and me and you want to date? So then I put in all caps "HELL NO. I DON'T FUCKING KNOW YOU. AND WHO THE FUCK ASKS SOMEONE OUT THAT THEY WERE JUST INSULTING AND SAYING SHIT ABOUT THEIR MOM." Seriously either they got this crap from Family Guy or they're just plain idiots thinking that girls want to date after insulting them and their mom. Any advice? Should I tell my parents about this? Should I show the texts to a police officer? They can trace the person with only their number right?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: 😡Don't Know What This Was - March 12th 2016, 06:34 AM

I'm not sure what that was, either. It's a possibility that they had the wrong number or your number somehow got out and their intent was to reach you and stir the pot. They did threaten you and your mother, so I think you should tell your parents what happened, show them the text messages, and talk about whether or not they think you should go to the police. I believe the police can get information through phone numbers though I'm not sure what information they can gather. They can probably trace it back to an area or pull some phone records and get information.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: 😡Don't Know What This Was - March 12th 2016, 07:00 AM

It could be that this was a wrong number. I would tell your parents either way just in case this continues. When I was about 13, in the days before cell phones, I had a group of girls start prank calling me, I never did figure out why, but I knew who. It went on for a few weeks (maybe months) I learned to ignore it or hang up on them. After they called at midnight and told my mom I was smoking and selling pot (never touched the stuff in my life), she threatened to go to the police if they ever called again and they stopped. We happened to know a police officer who told us that the only way to make sure they never called again was to change our number which my mom refused to do because of this.

If you have the phone number, they can see who owns it (probably somebody's parent(s) and probably the city or area where they live.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount18

Edit avatar

Re: 😡Don't Know What This Was - March 16th 2016, 05:28 PM

I remember 12 and stupid. *sighs* Not saying you are stupid, but when you're 29 you'll be looking back on this and feeling stupid. Remember what is happening now is not your fault.

Like the others said, it might be the wrong number but it wouldn't hurt to tell your parents about this. Maybe they can get in touch with the authorities to put a GPS tracker on the incoming calls to your phone, so the next time the blocked number rings you, the police will be able to track them down. They have special software that does so.

Closed Thread