TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ya-ya09 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy past exprience with bullies.. - January 13th 2009, 10:24 PM

I remember when i was just moved to a new state during my 5th grade year and everything was going great until this 1 guy started liking me but other girls in the class got jealous and they would call me names and when the teacher wasnt looking they would hit me but ofcourse i sat there with a straight face and said 'that didnt hurt' even though it really did plus they were way bigger than me and stuff. i had told my mom about them bullying me and even the school but the school didnt do anything to help but thats when i had a guidance counsuler and i loved talking to her.

When i started middle school the same girls would do the same thing. In gym the kept tripping me until I had a hole in my jeans. my mom told the school but the didnt care either. They (the bullies) had even gotten me suspended from school because one of them kept hitting me in the side and i told the teacher she bothering but the teacher ignored me so she hit me again and called me a tattle-taler so i kicked her in the shin super hard and the bully told on me. Even though i had bought it to the teachers attention she couldnt recall that i did so that had gotten me introuble.

The same girls stole all my left over cupcakes on my way home and pushed me in the grass knocking my glasses and threw my cupcakes on the ground. After that day I came home and cried my eyes out because they told i would always be used by other people, and i was worthless and so on.

My mom had once talked to one of the bullies mom and the mom thought i was lying but she did cancel her daughters b-day party for that. The next day almost everybody who was her friend hated me for that.

I am a really sensitive person and to this day it makes me want to cry because it does feel like i let people walk all over me. My mom tells me that they will get what they desevre but nothing can be as bad as what they did to me.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
eunoia Offline
(n) beautiful thinking
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jes

Re: past exprience with bullies.. - January 13th 2009, 11:40 PM

It may not seem like it now, things will get better. Life isn't easy, but life is about changing. Nothing ever stays the same forever. One day you will be wildly successful, you will have friends who truly appreciate you for everything you are, and you will go to a high school reunion and at least one of those girls will be less successful than you.

Bad things happen to good people, but bad things happen to all people. Good things also happen to good people, and if you give it a chance, things will turn around, in time. Remember that life is beautiful and people CAN be good.

I know that all doesn't help, right now, though. Believe in yourself. You have to. If you believe in yourself, if you think you are wonderful, other people will begin to see that in you. When you stand out for being happy with yourself, people will begin to notice that. We are drawn to people who are comfortable in their own skin. The people who bully you are not comfortable with themselves, or they wouldn't take their pleasures in upsetting you.

I used to think that you make life what it is, but I know, now, that life makes you. We experience bad things, and good things, and we learn and grow from it all. Take the opportunities life gives you and you can be anything, you can do anything. The only limits on how great we can be are the ones we place on ourselves. No matter what these girls say to you, you will have a bright and successful future.

Make it a point to spend time with the people who accept and respect you for just who you are. Sometimes those people are our family members. Sometimes it is just one friend, in school, who makes all the difference.

There will always be people who do not like you. There will always be people who do not like me. You could change yourself, to be exactly what they ask of you, and they will find something else to hate you for. The people who love you, who don't want you to change, are the ones who really matter in the end. Believe in yourself, everything is possible. You can get through this by being strong and standing firm in your convictions. Know that you are worth better, and that those who give you less than what you deserve will not matter, later in life.

I'm always here to talk. Let me know if you need anything, ever. Take good care of yourself, and try to keep your chin up. Life changes, after school, it really, really does.

Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us.
I told you to be patient
I told you to be fine
I told you to be balanced
I told you to be kind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Paul C
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Paul

Smile Re: past exprience with bullies.. - January 30th 2009, 11:30 PM

I know Jes pretty much said it all but I would like to second what she said.

You see, I am a 30 year old male. You wouldn't think bullying could happen to an adult male but it does. The difference is that now as an adult, I have become much stronger in the way I handle it.

When I was younger bullying led me to depression, hate, rage, and eventually revenge. To make a long story short, I ended up locked behind bars for a couple years.

This is obviously not about me, but about you. My point is that everyone handles bullying differently and I can promise you this--as you get older the bullying will go away more and more. But it won't ever completly go away.

You will get stronger, and I encourage you to find someone to confide in. Keep your head up, and you will be just fine.

Paul C

(#4 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: past exprience with bullies.. - January 31st 2009, 01:41 PM

This thread has been inactive for about two and a half weeks, and the OP has not logged on in the same amount of time (so she will most likely not see any new replies). Please don't bump inactive threads, thanks.

Closed.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

Closed Thread