TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

karate class. - June 14th 2016, 09:29 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of peer pressure or bullying, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

i feel like really pathetic... but theres these twos guys in my karate class... and one of them always seems to be like really big headed, stuck up and like he's better than everyone else.... ive had problems with him in the past...but last night he was like particularly worse than usual...we are in a joined class with the juniors - he's like completely fine with the juniors... .but its just me he seems to be like this with (i'll explain the other guy in a min) but yesterday he got awarded his next belt. and as soon as he got it he was rubbing in my face making a point that hes been like at the class less time than me and has like over taken me... he was trying to hit me on the head with his new belt (folded up) and then kept like saying to me ' im a higher grade than you now move over ' and like literally forced me to move places... and then like still continued to rub it in my face and make a point that i'm now like basically a lower grade than him..... i have tried like explaining to him how we are both different i'm like a slower learner than him but this doesnt seem to liek change things at all he still continues ..... when i tell him in pairs work he his being like way to rough and is hurting me he will just be like 'you wouldnt say that in the street' and im like no but this is training.. its like no matter what i say to him just does not seem to stop him or change him... i've tried to make allowances he's lost his mum so is like dealing with that... and he's also got asperges... i have asperges... and he uses his an excuse... he will like say things and then be like oh i dont know any better its my asperges... which makes like think he does know better but hes just like using it as an excuse....

the other guy in my class who ive got problems with is soemone who ive like considered a friend and most of the time we get on fine... but then outside of class hes like completely different - he will text me when hes like doing 'the thing' (his code for something personnal that guys do with their privates if you like get what i mean) and then he will like start asking me for pictures of my body parts... tell me its mine and his secret... and then like continue to ask me for pictures of my body parts.... suggest me and him like basically 'do it' together and that he basically fingers me.... i say no and explain i dont like any sort of physical contact etc but it doesnt like seem to stop him....

i dont know what to do anymore.... i feel pathetic because its happening in a karate class and outside of karate by text from someone else from me karate class.. i should be able to like stand up to them but i cant!!!!!!

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: karate class. - June 15th 2016, 12:22 AM

Hey,
I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. Both the boys are being extremelly rude. The one in the class, can you talk to the instructor or someone? Or would it be possible to switch class timing so you are not with him?
The other boy, if he is fingering you and stuff without consent, that is harrassment. If you have some evidence, show an adult, and basically get his sorry ass taken care of.
Don't feel bad about not being able to stand up. Not everyone has a confrontational personality and therefore, they can't stop these people. Try talking to an adult you trust, so that they can try and help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker

I can't get enough

Re: karate class. - June 15th 2016, 07:59 AM

He's never actually fingered me or done it to me he just suggests he does those things and texts me asking me for pictures of lke certain parts of me body both these guys are lke in the same class as me one during class and the other outside of class

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: karate class. - June 16th 2016, 03:09 AM

Well, if he is constantly asking for pictures, you can tell the cops. Keep the texts as evidence.
With the other guy, just ignore him. he's probably one of those guys with small dick syndrome (where they have tiny penises and then act like douches to cover).

(#5 (permalink)) Old
baconmonster Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: karate class. - June 16th 2016, 06:04 AM

Hey, sorry to hear about all you've been going through.

I also do karate, while my class is small and I'v never had any trouble, our instructor tells us not to rub things in, not to brag, and not to pick on each other, other wise there will be serious consequences, to being thrown out of the class.

So for the first guy, I'd suggest talking to your instructor about it, maybe he will punish him, or give you advice on how to deal with him. Considering part of karate is about teaching discipline, I'm sure he would have a talk with the kid.

For the second guy, tell him to stop or you'll show it to the cops. If he continues keep all the texts and go to the police.

Also if the harass you outside of class, you can talk to your instructor on it as well, and I'm sure he'll help you out as well.

Also don't worry if you're a slower learner, my instructor was a slow learner as he had disabilities when he was younger and learning, but he stuck with it and got to where he is now, and does a great job.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to message me or reply here.

Closed Thread