TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sage

Unhappy Help? - September 8th 2016, 11:50 PM

I don't know where exactly this post falls into so move if needed!

Every time I finish P.E. I turn super red! Beetroot red. My whole face turns red except for around my mouth. Around my mouth and eyebrows it turns super white and its really embarrassing. I tried makeup but it makes it worse. I only have 3 minutes after P.E. to change so I don't have much time to do full on makeup that will actually help. And P.E. is at the end of the day for me most of the time, in 90 average degrees.

The point of this is I am always made fun of. At first it didn't bother me, but after hearing the snarky jokes everyday, it starts to get to me ;-;

Please!!! Someones tell me how to make myself not so red, any creams, anything?

Last edited by BlueEyesLifeLies; September 9th 2016 at 12:18 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Help? - September 10th 2016, 03:00 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're being made fun of for that and I definitely see why it is bothering you. Hearing inappropriate jokes and comments about it day after day is probably rough and uncomfortable.

According to an excerpt of an article I read, people get red in the face while exercising because capillaries in your face open more to move blood (and heat) through your body so it can be radiated off of you. Are you able to take periodic breaks so you can take a breather or get a drink of water? Maybe that would help you.

Getting a red face during or after exercising is a normal response and while you can't do much after you exercise, you can try exercising in light clothing as opposed to dark clothing. This way, you clothes can reflect the heat instead of absorbing it. You can also try to stay more hydrated throughout the day to keep your body temperature more stable while exercising, thus possibly preventing or decreasing how red your face gets.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dominant Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Dom

Re: Help? - September 10th 2016, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyesLifeLies View Post
I don't know where exactly this post falls into so move if needed!

Every time I finish P.E. I turn super red! Beetroot red. My whole face turns red except for around my mouth. Around my mouth and eyebrows it turns super white and its really embarrassing. I tried makeup but it makes it worse. I only have 3 minutes after P.E. to change so I don't have much time to do full on makeup that will actually help. And P.E. is at the end of the day for me most of the time, in 90 average degrees.

The point of this is I am always made fun of. At first it didn't bother me, but after hearing the snarky jokes everyday, it starts to get to me ;-;

Please!!! Someones tell me how to make myself not so red, any creams, anything?
You sound perfect. Pale is wonderful.

Marry me? :P

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Help? - September 11th 2016, 03:22 PM

Cassie gave some great advice on staying healthy and hydrated. I also wanted to mention that getting a red face can have to do with a natural response to exercising for your skin tone. For example, even when I exercise a lot, I don't get a red face because I have a tanned complexion but I do get slightly red. I think it's okay to embrace that you turn red easily. It is nothing to be ashamed of. There's nothing wrong with being born with pale skin. And I'm sorry to hear you're being made fun of.
Something that I remind myself when I've been bullied in the past is that people bully others not for being different but because they see being different as a problem.
That is to say, we all have differences and there's nothing wrong with that. You didn't hurt anyone by having a red face. The problem has more to do with the kids who think it's okay to pick on you for that. It has a lot more to do with what they are choosing as a way to cope with their own life than with who you are as a person.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread