TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jayden Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jayden

it's not my fault *rant* - May 23rd 2009, 06:15 PM

I live in this shit hole small town where being gay is a sin, looking different makes you a freak, and having family stability is a must. SO when all three of these rules are broken, you're in for a rough time.

I'm so scared for next year when my brother goes off to college, because that just means more lunches alone in the locker room crying because someone knocked me down, stole my math books, and wrote derogatory comments all over my locker. Do you know how many times my locker has needed to be repainted? 10 times in one year. People keep writing "faggot", "loser", "loner", "slut", and "freak of nature going to burn in hell" on it and the administration doesn't even care. The last time I had to go to the office to get help, the vp actually rolled her eyes and sighed like it was my fault. Is it my fault? I never asked to be a lesbian. I never asked for my father to be a fucking asshole. I never asked for people to single me out because I have a pierced lip, nose, and eyebrow and bright red hair. I try to be friendly but all I get is shame

All my friends are at my girlfriend's school, in the next town, but I can't stand having to a) be protected by my brother and b) be alone and alienated from the world. What can I do? Is it my fault?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: it's not my fault *rant* - May 23rd 2009, 08:11 PM

Hey Jayden.

The administration should do something to control what's being done - the bullying and the vandalizing. If your school is doing nothing to solve the problem, you need to take things a step further. Don't keep quiet about what's going on and don't be afraid to make noise. Go to the superintendent of your school system, the district, the school committee, the media...again, make some noise. The more noise you make, the worse it's going to make the school look if they continue to ignore or do nothing to stop this problem. They'll have to do something or else they'll probably lose funding, earn a bad reputation etc.

While I don't think it's fair for you to have to leave your school because of others, I strongly, strongly suggest you talk with your parents about finding another school to attend. This is not a safe environment for you to be in, you don't deserve to have to be around these kinds of kids if they bully you like this. None of this is your fault; you're you, and there's nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with being different, or unique and it's not a bad thing in any way.

Keep pushing this and don't let the other kids at your school continue to do this, they shouldn't get away with this at all. I'm here anytime you want to talk about anything, take care.

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
EmilyNicole Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

Re: it's not my fault *rant* - May 30th 2009, 09:03 PM

I agree with the above post. The administration shouldn't ignore it.
And also, the only thing you can do about the bullying is to...be a tattle...even if people look down on that. You shouldn't be treated that way, and the adminstration should protect you. If cases come up where it keeps happening, Tell your parents or guardian. If they don't listen, Tell ANY adult you can about what is happening. Things like this can end very badly, It's been known to happen.
Also, when people are giving you a hard time, what you need to do is hold your head up high. Don't let them get to you, and if they DO get to you, Don't let them know.
It's not worth it. People who bully feed off of the victims pain. Don't give them that. You're obviously a good kid who never asked for any of this, and don't let them trick you into thinking of yourself as all these things they call you.

I hope that helped. And I'm always here if you ever want to talk.

Closed Thread