TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

How do I react? - August 17th 2017, 07:23 AM

Ok, very recently, there was this little douche bag (a little younger than me) who joined our karate dojo, and to my surprise, he made quite a lot of friends already.
So we were sparring, and when you punch/kick you have to shout, so I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty good at that , but thats not the problem here, the douche had to start mocking me at the end of the class; his friends started to as well, okay this really pissed me off big time. But I don't how to react, I certainly would punch him if it wasn't disrespect full to the dojo. I'm pretty much react-less in these kinda stuff, I normally don't get into bullying/teasing or any kind of crap.

If you were in my situation, what would you do? I will appreciate any advice really, I'm pretty desperate right now.

We all have issues.

Last edited by mrabused; August 17th 2017 at 07:53 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: How do I react? - August 17th 2017, 10:38 AM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear that your classmate has been making fun of you, I can definitely understand why it's wound you up so much. I think that choosing not to react in a violent way with him was a good decision. Had you chosen to react with violence, there's a possibility that you'd be in trouble either alongside him, or likely more than him because of it being physical. I would personally have a word with the class leader/teacher about what is happening. In doing this, they can keep an eye out during and at the end of classes to and even intervene if you wanted him/her to.

Alternatively, you could have a word with your classmate yourself in a calm manner. You could approach him and ask him why he feels the need to make fun of you. If he is new to the class, it's possible that he is trying to give himself a personality within the group and try and find his place there. Perhaps he is a bit insecure about himself and his own abilities, and therefore finds it easier to make fun of you because you are already settled within the group. None of that makes it ok for him to upset you, but if you feel comfortable with it, you could chat to him and try and figure it out among yourselves before going to the teacher.

I hope this helps and you find a way to overcome the issues he's giving you within the class. It's obvious you enjoy the sport so it would be such a shame for him to ruin it for you. Take care.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Egyptstorm Offline
DopeDORK (BatEgypt @ night)
Not a n00b

Name: Egypt aka DopeDORK
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow... oh, wait, this is Gotham

Re: How do I react? - August 18th 2017, 04:32 AM

Hello, unfortunately there are a lot of bullies out there. I'm proud of you for staying calm. I agree with Hollie try talking to him. If that does not work then tell an adult. I hope it works out and feel free to message me. *hugs*

For the "fat" kids, the geeks, and the "ugly" ones. For the kids with braces or wear taped-together glasses, there is but one hero..... I. Am. That. Hero.
~BatEgypt~

(#4 (permalink)) Old
mrabused Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How do I react? - August 20th 2017, 04:48 PM

PDATE:

ok so, today, they both made fun of me, but I still managed to stay calm UNTIL the guy started punching me, karate is all about self defense, so I kicked him right on the ribs, he stopped for a few minutes but then started again, towards the end of the class he confronted me and apologized for making fun.
But I'm too stubborn to accept that I was fucking bullied by someone younger and I didn't know how to react, besides, he could be lying but I guess I'll just just have to find out the next time... thanks for the advice's..

We all have issues.

Last edited by mrabused; August 20th 2017 at 08:09 PM.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: How do I react? - August 23rd 2017, 01:18 AM

It is good to hear that he apologized for making fun of you but it is understandable to struggle with the idea of being bullied by someone who is younger than you. Something to consider is that at the end of the day, age is just a number and it doesn't mean too much about someone.

Not knowing how to react to a bully is okay. A lot of people don't know how to react when they are being bullied but you did the right thing by reaching out for help here. Not knowing how to react wasn't your fault and it doesn't mean anything negative about you.

Keep hanging in there.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

Closed Thread