TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
kaya194997 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

bullying and switching schools - September 25th 2017, 06:00 AM

Hi my name is ciera and Im a sophomore this year. School use to be easy for me. I had friends, did well in school and didn't mind going as much. But this year has changed.. I started to get bullied by my ex best friend, A LOT that it started to have a really negative affect on me. I started to get really depressed and not going to some of my classes that she was in because I was so scared to get bullied. I have talked to my parents and let my mom know that I want to switch schools, so I can have a fresh start, but now that im thinking about it im scared to switch. The school im at now is so close to my home that it was just nice to walk home whenever something happened. If I went to the new school it would be pretty far away and would not be easy for me to go home if something happened. Im torn on what to do, I could really use some advice whether to change schools or not.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: bullying and switching schools - September 25th 2017, 01:05 PM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp. Thank you so much for coming on and joining the website and you did a wonderful job sharing what is going on with you. I am truly sorry that you are getting bullied by your friends. You did an amazing job by telling your parents what's going on. A lot of teenagers and kids when something like this is happening to them they will not always say what is going on with them. Great job.
You said that you can go to a new school and that's great because no one knows you and you can start new. I know that you are scared to go you are not sure what to do, but could you try going to the new school and see how it goes for you? You may really like it. And change can be hard, it's hard for everyone you want to always be happy and want to go to school always. Not want to not go because of what is happening. I hope you will be ok. Hugs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: bullying and switching schools - September 25th 2017, 01:35 PM

Hey there (and welcome to TeenHelp!)

Sorry to hear that you are getting bullied by your ex best friend. No-one deserves to get bullied, and it must be very upsetting to be bullied by someone that you used to be close to.

It's great that you opened up to your parents about the bullying and have thought about perhaps moving to another school, away from the bullying. But at the same time, it's understandable that you feel unsure since moving to a new school can be daunting, especially if you feel familiar with your current school. I'm wondering if perhaps you would consider telling the teachers at school about the bullying? Schools often have policies in place that should protect students from being bullied, so teachers and support staff should help you if they know about the bullying. Another thing you could try is perhaps asking to be moved to another class instead. This might be a good alternative because you'll still be at your school, but away from the bullying and it'll be a fresh start in a new class.

If you do decide to change schools, I agree with Emma in that it can really help to check out the new school before you go there. It may be further away, and may take longer to get home, but I think the important thing is if anything happens, because equally nothing might happen. I know it might seem difficult to believe because you are being bullied, but bullying is often to do with the other person trying to make themselves feel better. It doesn't necessarily mean that anything bad will happen (like bullying) if you go to another school.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Abbidabbidoo Offline
My life is my baby boy Jackson
Not a n00b

Re: bullying and switching schools - October 7th 2017, 10:56 PM

Hello, I am so sorry you have to go through this as bullying is one of the things I dislike the most. Middle School for me I saw a ton of bullying go on and it made me so mad because being a girl most of the guys that were doing it would just laugh at me if I even attempted to stick up for someone being bullied. As for the girls doing it there wasn't as many, but there was still some really snobby girls that liked to pick on the girls that weren't popular at all and just make there lives miserable while they were at school it it made me so mad. In the 9th grade before I left to do online school when I found out I was pregnant I didn't see much bullying thank god. That being said you shouldn't have to be dealing with it at all. I would seriously consider transferring to another school and getting a fresh start away from this bully. It may be just what you need. Go to the new school, get involved in something you like(Sports, Theater) meet new friends. If your Mom is good with it than I would give it a go. It is certainly better than being miserable where you are now. Also another option would be to doing online schooling like I do. I of course do it for a different reason because I now have a 2 month old baby boy to take care of, but online school is actually pretty cool.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hanna Banana Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Hanna

Re: bullying and switching schools - October 10th 2017, 07:45 PM

@Kaya194997 Here is a little story of a girl that goes to my school and last year she was bullied my this group of A-Hole girls just about everyday and there were even a few times I myself consoled her while she was sobbing in the bathroom. I didn't even know this girl very well except that she was in the same grade as me. It just infuriated me that these little snobby shit girls got away with this everyday. So I guess she finally told her parents she wanted to switch schools but unfortunately that was not an option because of districting so here is what she, her parents, and the school came up with. Any day she felt she was getting bullied in any way by anyone she was to go immediately to the school counselors office and report it and talk about it. Once it was reported the other girls were brought in. Last year the 3 main girls were suspended for 1 week for bullying her on there first offense and told if it was to happen again the would be expelled. That ended the bullying of this girl. The 3 girls(2 of which are not enrolled this year in my school) have not done this again as far as I know. I know it can be scary to report thing to school administrators, but something has to be done to these bullies. You have to look out for yourself.

"Every challenge is an opportunity to prove to the world that you are, Extraordinary."~ Lzzy Hale of Halestorm

Closed Thread