TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Jin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

(Triggering) Standing up to Bully Backfired - November 28th 2017, 11:18 PM

I'll try and keep this quick and simple. I had two bullies, let's call em John and Bob. Don't have a family to speak of anymore, the teachers and principal noticed and they don't do a damned thing, even when they make fun of my family whose passed away. The bullying takes place in the hood so when I say bullying, not only does it include heinous comments like that, but also jumping someone and stomping their head while their unconscious on the pavement. I'd taken a boxing class in elementary school and used just enough of it to defend my temple without giving them a reason to extend their 3 to 5-man beatings(such as me dodging/retaliating and aggravating them). I took MMA(and learned how to fight dirty the hard way, but I'd rather not go into specifics for that) for six years, putting up with it from my first middle school year to Junior Year where I felt I was ready.

By this time, they got so used to me not resisting that what was 3 to 5 on one, was just two on one. So John and Adam are there after school blocking off the path to my car as usual. Long story short: I knock out Adam and break John's clavicle. They don't come to school the following day. Their parents, who'd watched and encouraged the behavior towards me for years, call the school, whose staff also know, and wind up getting me suspended for a day. When I come back, before school even starts, there are four of them ASIDE from John and Bob waiting at the entrance. I still come out on top because they'd never been trained before, and I put John in a chokehold to try and intimidate him into leaving me alone, since I know full well that they could bring bats, knives, and what have you.

Needless to say, it didn't work. John's girlfriend broke up with him for "being a pussyass nigga" and hung off of me, prompting him to round up his entire group of friends with weapons from their father's [Edited] to bats stolen from Baseball team. When I return from my second suspension, which was a week long, I hospitalize most of them with the use of an [Edited] my dad left us, as I was expecting this kind of thing. The suspension is repeated, this time lasting two weeks and with the threat of expulsion.

Sorry for the long story, but I had to set the context. The less I defend myself, the more I risk having my head caved from the pavement, and the more I defend myself the more I risk losing my education and my life. It's a cyclical lose-lose situation that I've got myself stuck in. The police won't do crap because everyone owns a gun and nobody really cares about the hood- "Why help the savages too aggressive and lazy to help themselves" kind of mentality. John's parents live in a damned mansion and clearly have some of the school's higher-ups in their pockets. I've got no family members left and no friends willing to associate themselves with me after getting stuck in such an uphill battle.

What would you guys do? I've got a week left and need to come up with something.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; December 2nd 2017 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Adding a general trigger prefix to the title. Also, please do not post content that goes against the Terms of Service

(#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Standing up to Bully Backfired - November 29th 2017, 01:17 PM

Hi there,

It does sound like you’re in a lose-lose situation and that is an uncomfortable place to be in.

Have you considered changing schools and is that something you’re able to do? Changing schools can be difficult but in this situation it may be greatly beneficial for you. You could get a fresh start with new people and new teachers. Sort of like a fresh slate, so to speak. It doesn’t seem like anything is being done for your situation by anyone higher up and these people will probably not stop bullying you, so perhaps changing schools is a good option.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Standing up to Bully Backfired - November 29th 2017, 08:41 PM

Hello,

This is a tough situation to be in because it really is a lose lose situation. If you don't defend yourself you might get seriously hurt but when you defend yourself you are getting suspended. I used to live in a rougher part of town and some of my brother's friends experienced some of the things you described. I know, one of my brothers friends, was very seriously injured by bullies. I think, in his case, the police did get involved but I don't think the parent's of his kid's had as much clout as these parents seem too.

Do you have anyone who can fight for you? A guardian (I know you are struggling with the loss of your family) or a close family friend? In situation's like this, sometimes the student needs a trusted adult to make the school do something. In the past, there were instances where my dad had to do so for my brothers.

As stated, it might be best to see if you can get into a different school or, possibly, get on homeschooling/internet schooling? I know, in my city, the school has to be open to helping the students set up independent studies/homestudies or something like that. It might be worth looking into your options regarding that. I know, doing something like that, is not ideal but your schooling is the most important thing and if it's the option that you need to get through school than it might be best.

I hope this helped. If you need anything please feel free to message me.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: (Triggering) Standing up to Bully Backfired - December 5th 2017, 09:28 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this. When you are going to school you should always be able to enjoy going and not to have to worry about something going to happen. It's so stressful and hard to deal with.
If you are able to change scools or see if you can be home-schooled, that would be a good idea and I agree with them saying this. I know that it is hard when going to a new school because you do not know anyone, but you will be safe and not not having anybody trying to hurt you. And you can focus on you're school work and enjoy going everyday. You can join different clubs and sport teams too.
Or see if you are able to be home-schooled and then you don't have to go to a new school, either way you want to always be safe. If you can try talking with you're family about this and see what kind of help they can give you.
I hope that you are able to find something that will help you and you will be ok soon.

Closed Thread