TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Peer Pressure and Bullying Social pressure can take many different forms, including intimidation, bullying and even physical attacks. If you feel you could be a victim or perpetrator (who wishes to stop) of bullying, talk about it here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Maggie

Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 12:43 PM

Adults in my town used the town message board to bash and attack a 17 yr old high school student. Saying crap about his car and his clothing and his "attitude". Saying he bullies kids half his age. but here they are him half their age bullying him does that make any sense? they are complaining about what they themselves are doing! and his clothing and car make him happy and i just wanna smack them with a smart stick or something. then my friend went to the school principal and told him that he gets made fun of and the damned principal LAUGHED in his face. that is wrong and bull shit im so ready to start some sort of protest or something. its wrong for this stuff to happen

I wrote a letter here is a copy of it
Quote:
To Whom It May Concern:

The town message board has recently been used to attack a seventeen year old boy in the high school. He has been attacked because of clothing and his car. He is a big Dukes of Hazards fan. He owns a retired unmarked police car with blacked out lights. Which is perfectly leagal. He has recently gone to the principal from what I know and asked for something to be done about the bullying that happens to him in school. From what I know from him and a few others the principal laughed in his face.

This kid has enough to deal with. His home life isn’t great and school makes things worse. I almost lost him last year and I am not about to lose him now. With the recent happening in Spotswood with another young student and the grief and pain it caused I don’t think we want that to happen but if something isn’t changed or fixed I can see it happening.

I understand you may not be able to help with the message board but atleast help in school. I am in a club called Lead For Diversity and another called Human Relations Committee. Both of which strive for tolerance of different people, races, and beliefs. I know that LFD is backed strongly by the school so to not do something about bullying seems to me to be a little hypocritical. You back the club and want people to be accepted but when a student comes to you asking for the help to be accepted you won’t do anything.

I thank you for reading my letter. I hope to open your eyes and make you realize what is going on here. I understand this student is a senior but it doesn’t mean bullying should be ignored and in a way accepted. What happens when another kid like him gets bullied and nothing happens? Do we lose another student to suicide? I hope it doesn’t get to that point.

Sincerely,

Margaret Brown
Let me know what you think and any suggestions u have for helping this kid

i love you <3

Last edited by MaggzB; May 27th 2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: didnt finish
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Brittany123 Offline
Average Joe

Name: me

Re: Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 02:29 PM

it really is and i think we may need to take it to Krewer but because Jt is a senior they probably arent going to do anything.. They will blow it off til the end of the year and then after he graduates.. say that they dont have any power over him any more...

I dont know what else there is to do.. We can start a protest or movement to stop the message board but that isnt goin to stop people from talking...

agh.. poor jt... =(

(#3 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 02:30 PM

true typing a letter up now gunna print 3 copies one for silvia one for calder and one for krewer

i love you <3
  Send a message via AIM to MaggzB Send a message via MSN to MaggzB Send a message via Yahoo to MaggzB Send a message via Skype™ to MaggzB 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tegan Offline
Make a wish...
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tegan

Re: Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 07:50 PM

That's horrid! I'm so sorry that your friend is being treated so badly Maggie!
But well done for doing something about it, that letter is really good and I hope it makes the difference it should! Good luck and he's lucky to have a friend who cares so much.
<33

You are the one, the one who lies next to me,
Whispers "hello, I missed you quite terribly"

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 08:13 PM

I'm really glad that you wrote that letter, your friend doesn't deserve to be treated that way. I would definitely send in the letter. Even if they don't take it as seriously as they should, at least you made an effort to open their eyes to what has been going on. I really admire that you were able to write that and have the courage to send it in

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: J

Re: Town Message board - May 27th 2009, 08:53 PM

Thats a very good letter. Clear and Concise and should get your point across. All you can do now is make a show of solidarity with your friend. Stand up and be counted with him as you obviously are. Keep fighting and perseverance will pay off I wish you the very best in your fight for justice. This may not mean much but you have my support and you are soing a very good and noble thing in standing up for your friend. Keep up the good work. I hope everything comes right in the end for your friend. Best of luck

Mrs Doyle: What would you say to a cup father?
[offers him a cup of tea]
Father Jack Hackett: FECK OFF, CUP!
Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These,[points to some plastic cows on the table], are very small; those
[points at some cows out the window], are far away...
Gotta Luv Father Ted

(#7 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 28th 2009, 02:06 AM

thanks guys! i gave to the 3 most powerful people in the school so i hope something happens

something im not sure if i said before but the friend bob(lets call him) went into the principal to get something done about the bullies at school and the principal laughed at him and walked away and talk shit and make fun of bob in the principals office with his secretary

i love you <3
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ForeverAutumn* Offline
together, we are infinite.
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 28th 2009, 02:32 AM

Hey Maggie,

It's good you wrote that letter, I think it's a very effective way to get your point across and it's important to make sure your voice is heard, letting bullying go ignored is never the best option. If the administration still does nothing about it...well, don't give up. Talk with other people, there's strength in numbers. Take it as far as you need to, to ensure this isn't left be because it's not right for this to be happening.

The principal making fun of his friend, that's not ethical and it's not right at all. This is something else you should alert someone higher up of. His reaction shouldn't be ignored either, because again, that was in no way an acceptable reaction to this.

Let me know if you'd like to talk about anything, ok? Take good care of yourself. <3

how could anyone ever tell you, you are anything less than beautiful?| PM Me
self-harm free since 06.10.11.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Town Message board - May 28th 2009, 05:34 PM

hey i'm sorry this is happening to your friend, and i think its great that you want to do something about it. the only thing i would question is, does he know the content of the letter? because it implies that hes considered suicide and that may not be something he wants the world to know?.. just a thought.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 28th 2009, 09:05 PM

he knows and has read and is ok with it

semi-good news the principal actually read my letter and was concerned denied the laughing but was concerned about the message board and i am to bring in 2-4 posts tomorrow to him and hes gunna get the chief of police involved and get the message board COMPLETELY taken down hopefully

he denied laughing as i knew he would but i know my friend would NEVER lie about that

i love you <3
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Town Message board - May 28th 2009, 09:14 PM

Hi Maggie,

Im sorry about what has been happening to your friend, its unacceptable. I really hope that this gets sorted out. It does sound like your principal is going to do something about it... if he doesnt you could go to somebody higher. Good luck with it all

PM // VM

(#12 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 29th 2009, 12:07 AM

yeah next im going to my coz who is a town cop

i love you <3
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Heaven Sent, to Help You!
Average Joe

Name: Brooke

Re: Town Message board - May 31st 2009, 06:34 PM

That's really sad, but the point is if you want the letter to be heard you need to make it sound a little more professional. I think it would get your point across better to do that. Such as use facts "so and so died on this date for Suicide" and State the clubs in your school and what they believe in and how the schools back them. The more professional you take this, the better the people will end up taking it because they will find you're being really mature about it.

I would just go into deeper detail and if you need any help writing it I can help :] I've been writing for 5 years.

So where did everyone go?
And you don't even know
So don't pretend that you do

It's just a set up
For all the failures
Always playing after something cool

Send a message via AIM to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via MSN to Brooke Basketcase Send a message via Yahoo to Brooke Basketcase  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - May 31st 2009, 08:22 PM

i have talked to the principal he read the letter and has gotten the police involved now i have to bring in print outs of a few posts to give to them

i love you <3
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 2nd 2009, 06:13 PM

so semi good news? i handed in the posts and now we are getting police involved and my friend is smiling again

i still worry

i love you <3
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
wtp Offline
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 5th 2009, 02:20 PM

Link me to the message boards. I'm good at making idiots see.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 5th 2009, 05:12 PM

haha okies ill send VIA pm (:

i love you <3
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 12th 2009, 02:47 PM

ok so update! the link to the message board is off the town website gone poof hehe i feel so proud of myself although you can still get to the message board by searching it on google its still a step and im proud of myself (:

woot woot and thanks to britt for being behind me the whole way! love yah chica!

i love you <3
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
Glow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Town Message board - June 12th 2009, 11:04 PM

Wow! I kinda missed all the action but atleast I get to see the happy ending! Go Maggie! Thats awesome. Makin a difference

Glow

(#20 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 13th 2009, 02:10 PM

thanks glow!

i love you <3
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Eniddd Offline
c'est la vie en fait.
Average Joe

Name: Enid

Re: Town Message board - June 13th 2009, 03:38 PM

This is disgraceful, I cannot believe that an educated professional would laugh in somebody's face about something so serious.
I also find it incredible that adults can be so childish and pathetic to taunt and bully a child, and as you said, completely hypocritical.
I thought America was for diversity etc. clearly there's epic failures in spreading this around the country.

I could hold you in my arms forever,
and it still wouldn't be long enough.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Hey Nikki! Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 14th 2009, 01:36 AM

"I thought America was for diversity etc. clearly there's epic failures in spreading this around the country."

Agreed. It's like people won't listen to you unless you're popular. Even the principal seems to give into their rumors. That's sick.

It's nice that you're actually doing something for your friend! It's more than what I could say for what my friends did when I was bullied in freshman year. I just think it's great that even though your friend is put down, you don't care what people think/say about him.

Btw, in the letter, I found a few punctuation mistakes that might need commas here and there. If I were you I'd make that letter perfect to impress those kinds of people.

(#23 (permalink)) Old
MaggzB Offline
I love him so much <3
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Town Message board - June 15th 2009, 11:54 AM

Already handed in my letter. It got the link to the town message board off the town website. Although if you search it in goggle its the second or third link that comes up but its a step.

i love you <3
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
Em... Offline
smile; it looks good on you.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: E

Re: Town Message board - June 27th 2009, 03:45 PM

I cannot believe how disgusting these adults are acting upon a child. It isn't right what they did. You could take this to the state level if you wanted as long as you had proof.

Though Kudos to you for doing something about it. He is really lucky to have a friend like you! I hope things work out well with this situation.

take care.

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Imaginary Offline
Average Joe

Re: Town Message board - June 29th 2009, 10:27 PM

I commend you on your efforts. I unfortunately went through something quite similar myself, though I didn't have friends to back me up. I wish you well.

myspace.com/lonesome_fish for poetry. I like feedback sometimes. And I like smiley faces .

Closed Thread